We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
An important message from the moderator team Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 2/23/2010 7:41:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hello all,

It has come to our attention that several people, mainly on the chat but also on the forum, have been talking about driving under the influence of psychedelics. We want to emphasize the fact that we STRONGLY discourage such actions, as they put at risk not only the one driving but others who have nothing to do with your decisions! We do NOT want people bragging about how they drove after taking this or that substance, and doing so will result in warning and/or suspension of the account. Please think before posting/chatting, remember that what we talk about is not just empty words but it also impacts other people, it might give new members wrong ideas, it might offend those who might have lost loved ones with such actions, and it gives power to those that want to protect us from ourselves and keep our medicines criminalized.

Secondly, we have also noticed on both chat and on the forum people recklessly glorifying drug use. This forum is not about competing who can take more drugs, get the most high, or take the biggest combinations!!! We sincerely hope people are more mature than that, and realize that we want people to use substances respectfully, carefully and in a humble manner. Those that insist in bragging about drug use and using it as pure ego boosting can also get their accounts suspended.

The moderator team

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kemist
#2 Posted : 2/24/2010 9:45:39 AM

John

Tell ILPT about it man ! last time he was ridding pushbike under cacti influence and ended up battered and bruised and was very lucky, that no car hit him. Apparently on lower dose of LSA he always cycling well , but it could be only subjective. JUST don`t ride or drive anything ! Only walk and take it easy !
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 2/24/2010 2:27:17 PM

The Great Namah

Good point kemist!

Don't ride and drive either!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

ghostman
#4 Posted : 2/24/2010 2:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Good point kemist!

Don't ride and drive either!

Probably the first lesson Albert Hoffman learned, although I suspect he developed a special relationship with his bicycle after that day.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Nordic
#5 Posted : 2/24/2010 3:35:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol, ok, but only as long as it doesn't apply to magic carpets and brooms....

Pandora
#6 Posted : 2/24/2010 3:52:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello,

Thank you for this. It hits so close to home for me. Please remember that since what we are doing is viewed as illegal by the majority of society, it is kind of up to us to regulate ourselves. That is, we need to set our own moral and ethical standards as individuals and as a community.

Also, the sign (posted elsewhere I know, but it is so apprapos) below, titled DMT Contraindications pretty much says/shows it all.

Peace & Love,
Pandora
Pandora attached the following image(s):
dmt_contraindications1-1.gif (14kb) downloaded 1,733 time(s).
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

benzyme
#7 Posted : 2/24/2010 5:24:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

lol

i used that one a couple years ago
https://dmt-nexus.me/for...posts&t=1626&p=2

it's definitely classic
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

antrocles
#8 Posted : 2/24/2010 5:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my cycling expereince on mescaline last year up north drove that point home loud and clear. never again. entheogens are best left to the realm of mind. gentle walking, sitting, laying....all good options. Operating anything- not so much.

thanks for posting this trav. pandora, that pic has been my desktop in the past. it is priceless. i wish giant octopoids WOULD 'handle' neuronauts behind the wheel. i guarantee an immediate halt to anyone even considering such behavior if it was an absolute fact that if you drove on anything a giant octopoid alien would immediately fuck you up. Shocked

Ponch and Jon got nothing on a couple of "octo-chips". i'll get to work on the pilot....

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

polytrip
#9 Posted : 2/24/2010 7:04:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
One of my arguments in favor of the statement that psychedelics are significantly less dangerous than alcohol, is that people under the influence of psychedelic's are less likely to do things like driving a car, because contrary to drunks, they realize that they are incapacitated to a certain level.

If too many people do realy stupid things while under the influence of a substance, that actualy fuels prohibitive legislation.

And when of all people who take psychedelics, those who cause serious accidents would exceed a certain percentage, those in favor of prohibition actually have a good point.

Because than you could say that people who use psychedelic's are generally speaking, dangerous folk.

The main difference between grown-ups and childeren is ofcourse that grown-up's don't need to be reminded of what the implication's of 'responsability' are.

jacetea
#10 Posted : 2/24/2010 8:22:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can't imagine why you would ever drive after taking drugs...Why risk killing people?
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

elphologist1
#11 Posted : 2/27/2010 3:18:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading about the use of psychedelics (particularly LSD) in psychotherapy back in the 50's. One of the rules was that subjects were never allowed to drive after an LSD experience until after a full night's sleep. I've always followed this protocol with myself as well. Once I've taken any type of psychoactive drug, I will not drive until the next day regardless how normal I feel later in the day.

elphologist

DimethylSpice
#12 Posted : 4/29/2010 6:28:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im sorry, but if you dont already know that you shouldnt use drugs (especially psychedelic tryptamines) while driving, then i honestly dont think you should be here.

my $.02
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

Trickster
#13 Posted : 4/29/2010 7:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

ghostman wrote:
Probably the first lesson Albert Hoffman learned, although I suspect he developed a special relationship with his bicycle after that day.

A friend, whom I do not see anymore, actually rode a bike while on acid. That has happened on a secluded road and was great fun.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

teotenakeltje
#14 Posted : 4/29/2010 7:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i do think there is a form of 'peer pressure' on the nexus. i can't help thinking some members are despirately trying to prove something...this is just childish

endlessness
#15 Posted : 4/29/2010 8:59:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

teotenakeltje wrote:
i do think there is a form of 'peer pressure' on the nexus. i can't help thinking some members are despirately trying to prove something...this is just childish

peer pressure against irresponsible actions, I hope! If there is someone trying to prove something, then I would say its isolated individuals because as a general attitude this forum is exactly about NOT trying puff one's ego but rather respecting the substances and using them responsibly

Blundering_Novice
#16 Posted : 4/29/2010 10:37:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DimethylSpice wrote:
Im sorry, but if you dont already know that you shouldnt use drugs (especially psychedelic tryptamines) while driving, then i honestly dont think you should be here.

my $.02

^ This.

Driving while or after hallucinogens is really, really dumb.

VisualDistortion
#17 Posted : 4/29/2010 10:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm leaving for a while. I need to take a break from the internet psychedelic communities because they are interferring with my priorities. Your all great and I wish you the best in the meantime.

Acolyte, the status of where I stand on CEL in in the minibook thread. When I come back I will make a decision on whether to fully withdraw from the project for good or get to work.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Caen
#18 Posted : 7/6/2010 1:28:04 PM

O.o

DWUI's caused from these things...
I don't even think I have to explain what the consequences can be.
Horror.

If you really want to simulate driving sensations, go to the game arcade and pay 50 cents to play those racing attractions.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
~H. P. Lovecraft~

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#19 Posted : 7/9/2010 1:24:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Blundering_Novice wrote:
DimethylSpice wrote:

my $.02

^ This.

Driving while or after hallucinogens is really, really dumb.

Yes, and those poor souls who might be possessed to do such a thing should be hounded NOT to do it, because their lives are not the only ones at stake.

pau
#20 Posted : 7/9/2010 2:57:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, if you want to kill yourself under the influence, try 5 seconds of "Need for Speed" on your computer instead. You might even think its real and that you've killed yourself, but at least you'll wake up the next day.

By the way, doesn't this thread belong a couple inches up ... on "Death- what's the definition?"
WHOA!

123NEXT