We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
WELDER Anyone? Options

DimethylSpice
#1 Posted : 4/22/2010 1:31:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Been listening to WELDER ever since i accidentally stumbled upon them during an internet search on StS9 and i fell in love.

Heres his myspace link where you can here a couple of his songs.. http://www.myspace.com/weldersounds

one of them is even the remix of "shock doctrine" by WELDER, wich i think is incredibly relaxing.

Any other fans here?

Im trying to broaden my music collection with bands of this genre, but im not really sure what exactly the genre is called?.. ambient-trance? any help here?

Id love to hear your opinions and comments concerning WELDER or maybe some suggestions for other bands/artists with that same vibe would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys as always.

#DS#
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SunRise
#2 Posted : 4/22/2010 2:00:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Landscape and breath

its a sts9 side project, try to download a set.Very happy
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

DimethylSpice
#3 Posted : 4/22/2010 2:56:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks SunRise.

sound tribe is great, so i will give those a look for sure.

I think i might know where to look, thanks. Smile

something about that WELDER sound just so warm and peaceful.

i wish he had more material. So far i have only found him on myspace, grooveshark and pandora. im not sure if there is much on youtube because whenever i search WELDER i just get videos on welding and that sorta thing lol.

anyways, ive recently got together with a group of friends with DJ'ing skills and all of us are very creative thinkers and we are wanting to put together a completely amazing mix of mostly chill, upbeat/positive stuff like sound tribe and welder maybe a little dubstep inbetween to kick it up, so im trying to gather absolutely as much info and music as possible so i can get started and compiling and making a compilation. We are then going to touch it up using sony acid pro and some other software and eventually throw a chill soul searching party where we reveal the project. (more taking part in entheogens and other magic molecules and very little or maybe even no alcohol.)

I have decent collection of music already as of now consisting of lots of stuff like shpongle, paul oakenfold, dj tiesto (dont really like what ive heard so far, opened to suggestions tho.) infected mushroom, a huge folder of Goa Trance music, Modelselektor, Solvent, Skazzi, bluetech, tycho, eskmo, Sts9, 3or4 different folders packed full of dubstep from 2009-2010, and that about it. (but im trying to go easy on the dubstep unless its really chill, nothing to crazy. it can get to loud for this type of atmosphere we are trying to create.) tryin to keep that peacefull/calm vibe, but still with that mellow but funky beat that makes your soul want to tap its feet and puts a smile on your face.

My problem here is that ive already listened to alot of what i have a lot already and i know there has to be plenty of more music just like these bands, but im having trouble actually finding good trip music like WELDER that inst just all rave/techo or overly psychedelic and annoying.

So anymore suggestions and points in the right direction would be awesome.Cool

thanks guys,

@-DS-@

All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

SunRise
#4 Posted : 4/22/2010 5:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

live setLaughing
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

DimethylSpice
#5 Posted : 4/22/2010 5:02:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you listen to any of the songs on WELDERS page? or have you hear him before Sun?

If so what do you think?

Gir
#6 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:11:27 PM

Gir

Pretty relaxing sounds there DS. I wouldnt label this as anything trance though. Maybe an ambient-alternative-funk fusion, but definately not trance.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

DimethylSpice
#7 Posted : 4/23/2010 9:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yea i really had no idea what to call it.

its just nice.

shiznackazane
#8 Posted : 4/25/2010 3:56:59 PM

Consider The Octopus

You should check out Emancipator, beautiful melodic downtempo. Just run a search on Youtube for him, my personal favorite songs are Shook (Mobb Deep/Sigur Ros remix...works surprisingly well), Old Devil, Lionheart, and Anthem.

If you like Emancipator just let me know and I'll see if I can recommend you anything else, I'm a big downtempo fan.

Edit:
Check these out--
Aquarium by Nosaj Thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOViWlIQoc
Hazy Field People by Black Moth Super Rainbow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb6rMSNkFBA

970Codfert
#9 Posted : 4/25/2010 6:24:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WELDER is awesome!!! He did a sunrise set for a shpongle show last year, I remember leaving and being disappointed because the music sounded so beautiful. Ever since then he's been one of my favs.
Quote:

Im trying to broaden my music collection with bands of this genre, but im not really sure what exactly the genre is called?.. ambient-trance? any help here?

I think downtempo IDM would be the most accurate description.. with a hint of trip-hop.

Other similar artists would be: Tipper, Random Rab, Bonobo is kinda similar, definitely check out Emancipator.

I think Tipper would be the most similar to WELDER.
All posts are fictional.

970Codfert
#10 Posted : 4/25/2010 6:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Side Liner <=EXCELLENT!!!!
Rena Jones
Mimosa
Beats Antique
Timonkey <=EXCELLENT!!!! Oh man!! This guys got some beautiful stuff!!

Anybody ever read the book This is Your Brain on Music? I think I'm gonna order it when I get paid.
All posts are fictional.

DimethylSpice
#11 Posted : 4/26/2010 12:58:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey just wanted to say thanks guys.

been checking out all of the suggestions and been liking just about all of it.

thanks for all the recommendations everyone.

much appreciated.

shiznackazane
#12 Posted : 4/26/2010 6:46:47 PM

Consider The Octopus

970Codfert wrote:
Side Liner <=EXCELLENT!!!!
Rena Jones
Mimosa
Beats Antique
Timonkey <=EXCELLENT!!!! Oh man!! This guys got some beautiful stuff!!

Anybody ever read the book This is Your Brain on Music? I think I'm gonna order it when I get paid.

Beats Antique is incredible, I've been listening to them a lot lately.

DimethylSpice
#13 Posted : 4/28/2010 4:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i wanted to add Ulrich Schnauss.

fantastic melodic downtempo.