We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Dmt is really the only true key we have left to our souls.. Options

clouds
#21 Posted : 4/26/2010 5:39:45 AM

Human

UniverseCannon wrote:
its about dmtv.

wow Laughing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Steely
#22 Posted : 4/26/2010 6:02:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

clouds wrote:
UniverseCannon wrote:
its about dmtv.

wow Laughing

Hrm... I'm having trouble comprehending the use of metaphysical references toward the fact that no one has ever been as far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

Any ideas?

*This post brought to you by Steely's views on the direction of this thread*
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Blundering_Novice
#23 Posted : 4/26/2010 6:29:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

We were probably a bit rough on the new fella. That being said, watching TV, particularly THAT movie while on DMT, borders on sacrilege among many including SWIM. But, to each his own. He got something out of it and none of us are in any position to make value judgements on his experience in and of themselves.

Maybe more coaching and less chastisement is a better policy.

ReviewYourself
#24 Posted : 4/26/2010 6:40:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I know nn dmt is nn dmt but the oral activity is so much different to be honest. It's a smooth long ride that makes complete sense. I respect your guys opinions it's not that this is a bad community because it's a great one, just that some people might need to either read closer or experiment themselves to see the differences between smoked and eaten.

universecannon
#25 Posted : 4/26/2010 6:50:31 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

No one is talking about that. We understand that there are distinct difference between ayahuasca and smoked dmt experiences. I've done them all, and many many people here have worked with them extensively. We're saying that watching tv on dmt is watching tv ON DMT. The method of administration is sort of besides the point.

Either your a troll or have just watched far to much new age propoganda. Not sure how anyone could think that movie is based entirely on dmt Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

BananaForeskin
#26 Posted : 4/26/2010 7:25:44 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Orally active is a smooth ride that makes complete sense? Like anything, that has to do with the effectiveness of the dose. The last time SWIM did something oral it felt like a hamster playing the xylophone on his receptors sites, and that was after the sound-of-drinking-water-turns-into-music phase.

I can't say I agree that Armageddon is about DMT, but I can at least relate, after ayahuasca a lot of craziness seemed like it MUST be about ayahuasca journeys. My feeling is that DMT shows something about the composition of reality, Armageddon is spawned from reality, ergo Armageddon comes from DMT. It's a fuzzy intuition-based argument, but it kinda works.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

ReviewYourself
#27 Posted : 4/26/2010 7:37:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Everyone's method differs I'm sure if you were in my shoes you would understand I mean it was an awesome adventure into myself.. I took pharmahuasca. I'm positive that it is different than ayahuasca. I have had caapi tea on a few occasions with mimosa Tenuiflora and that was a whole Nother thing... Another Few times with mimosa and rue kind of rough but a really powerful experience. :o words can't describe the beauty And the spirituality one can encounter with his soul. I have not yet had chakruna but I am sure that in itself with different combinations of different plants it all changes the tone of it.. Not all dmt is the same thing. That's why dmt is such a beautiful molecule. I have a preference for oxidized dmt because it tends to be, for me at least, just an overall awesome sub breakthrough. Everything becomes so beautiful. Ayahuasca brings out most if not all the various alkaloids in the plant material. Pharmahuasca dmt could be mixed with jungle as well.. Very happy

however, in the end while all the dmt experiences as similar in scope, their tone and clarity change lots with different combinations.

Yes I am a ugly fat troll.. Does that help you sleep better? :/

wow.. You really took my statement a little too seriously..

BananaForeskin
#28 Posted : 4/26/2010 7:44:29 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeh, I probably would understand better, but unfortunately I'm not terribly experienced with very many different methods and nuances.

SWIM hasn't taken true pharma, and despite this would certainly agree that true aya is different; but the oral activity I was referring to was 2g mimosa and 3g Syrian rue, which isn't as far gone from what you were doing.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

ReviewYourself
#29 Posted : 4/26/2010 7:47:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Yeh, I probably would understand better, but unfortunately I'm not terribly experienced with very many different methods and nuances.

SWIM hasn't taken true pharma, and despite this would certainly agree that true aya is different; but the oral activity I was referring to was 2g mimosa and 3g Syrian rue, which isn't as far gone from what you were doing.

oh yeah, I mean plant material will always be different than an isolation of a particular compound or group of compounds. I much prefer plant material over pharma for spiritual purposes any day. With oxidized it's like sit back and enjoy the moment..

Dimitrius
#30 Posted : 4/26/2010 7:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ReviewYourself, I think you're alright.

Don't worry about anything.

And welcome to the Nexus fellow psychonaut.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

BananaForeskin
#31 Posted : 4/26/2010 8:01:12 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Amen to that, Dimitrius

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Steely
#32 Posted : 4/26/2010 8:25:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Amen to that, Dimitrius

Dimitrius wrote:

Rawr.

That's dinosaur for, "Welcome to Nexus, the greatest and most unique forum of the most loving people on earth collected under one cause; to gain respect for all psychonauts around the world and pave the way for future generations of hyperspace explorers!"

Welcome home.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

ReviewYourself
#33 Posted : 4/26/2010 8:33:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Steely wrote:
BananaForeskin wrote:
Amen to that, Dimitrius

Dimitrius wrote:

Rawr.

That's dinosaur for, "Welcome to Nexus, the greatest and most unique forum of the most loving people on earth collected under one cause; to gain respect for all psychonauts around the world and pave the way for future generations of hyperspace explores!"

Welcome home.

Thank you for that welcome Smile

cellux
#34 Posted : 4/26/2010 9:49:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I understand correctly, ReviewYourself went on a DMT trip and instead of closing his eyes and going deep inside, he remained within the world of external stimulus. Then a movie started on TV which brought him into a drama of epic proportions which finally resulted in an understanding of something important.

I don't see what's wrong with that, although I'd prefer weed for this purpose (I still can't believe the philosophical depth I discovered in an episode of DragonBall Z).

endlessness
#35 Posted : 4/26/2010 10:05:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think calling ReviewYourself a troll is going overboard

but I still think the point of most of us here stands against watching tv on dmt, whether that is pharma or vapped dmt

of course ultimately each one does what he wants, that as long as you dont hurt anybody else and get something positive out of it, and that others shouldnt make absolute judgements on anyone else's actions but... I think you are intelligent enough to understand where we are coming from, not taking our messages as absolute judgement but as suggestions and constructive criticism

DMT allows one to have an incredibly deep experience, where you can really live what feels like other dimensions, or in the very least expose unconscious processes of your own which you can deal with, learn from and use to become a better person. It is an active, immersive, mind-expanding, creative and challenging state that is WAY more than just for having a good time or being entertained. The sensation for a lot of us here when using this substance is of pure devotion/respect, of an amazing humbling awe-inspired actitude towards dmt and hyperspace.

Now what about TV/movies? They are a uni-direccional form of entertainment with no participation of yourself. The overal majority of the times, stimulus showed on tv is leveled by 'lower common denominator' of people, or in other words, 'dumbed-down' so as to reach the masses. The motivation of those making it is basically money. Movies such as the one you mentioned are filled with 'famous actors' of hollywood which a large percentage of time are people with a lot of psychological issues and unstable lives. Hollywod is an industry based on image, on unsustainable exagerated budgets, on trapping people's attentions with big explosions, typical human emotions and pretty girls.

Is it so far of to realize why people here feel that tv/movies have no place during the dmt experience? Sure there may be an image or theme that is 'kinda trippy' or whatever, but is that really enough ?

I promiss you with all my heart I try as much as possible not to judge anybody, know that "there are as many paths to god as there are created souls" and feel that if you dont hurt anybody, its your life!..... but when I hear of someone using dmt together with tv, I cannot help but thinking "he didnt take enough", and/or "he really didnt 'get it'" and/or "what is he hiding from when entertaining himself with this"...

There is SO MUCH that can go on inside of yourself on a dmt experience! Dont run away from it through the entertaining of this cold stimulus that tv brings, rather close your eyes and 'let go', let your deepest self be washed by hyperspace. I think if you dont yet, you will eventually agree with us after some more real deep dmt experiences (and Im not saying this with a pretension of superiority or anything of the sort). You can already watch tv/movies so many other moments in life.. As I asked before, if you are not turning off your tv when smoking dmt, when are you gonna do it then?

Regardless, all the best on your path, and yes welcome to the forums

(btw, to the one that talked about 'they dont like us teenagers' or something, if you're under 18 you are not allowed be in this forum anyways! )

cellux
#36 Posted : 4/26/2010 10:41:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Now what about TV/movies? They are a uni-direccional for of entertainment with no participation of yourself. The overal majority of the times, stimulus showed on tv is created in such a way based on the 'lower common denominator' of people, or in other words, 'dumbed-down' so as to reach the biggest number of people. The motivation of those making it is basically money. Movies such as the one you mentioned are filled with 'famous actors' of hollywood which a large percentage of time are people with a lot of psychological issues and unstable lives. Hollywod is an industry based on image, on unsustainable exagerated budgets, on trapping people's attentions with big explosions, typical human emotions and pretty girls.

Dunno, I very much like the idea that a Hollywood movie commonly identified as "crap" may lead someone to deep insights regarding the universe or our fate... Especially if this wasn't the intention of the authors. It feels like a message from God that he's working everywhere, that He can create gold even from shit... Dissolving the shit/gold duality and the elitism hidden behind in such a way... This is good stuff, IMO.

endlessness
#37 Posted : 4/26/2010 10:56:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you could use your argument for anything then.. like the example before, why not smoking dmt in wallmart, or in the middle of new york city, or in a frat party, or in a bar, or watching the news....

sure you could learn from everything theoretically, but is that enough an argument for smoking dmt in those situations? once again, each one for his own, I can only talk about myself and project on other's experiences, but it seems to me that all those situations would be horrible for a dmt experience!

is it really elitism if one out of own experience chooses to avoid certain stimulus and prefers others (whether on a trip or not), and humbly suggests others knowing its only a suggestion and not a judgement? I mean, I rather not be in closed places where people smoke cigarretes, I'd rather eat organic food over fast-food, etc but I dont go preaching on others what they should or shouldnt do. I might ask them about their actions and try to show my point of view if I think its reasonable, though.. Does that make me an elitist?

ReviewYourself
#38 Posted : 4/26/2010 12:56:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
you could use your argument for anything then.. like the example before, why not smoking dmt in wallmart, or in the middle of new york city, or in a frat party, or in a bar, or watching the news....

sure you could learn from everything theoretically, but is that enough an argument for smoking dmt in those situations? once again, each one for his own, I can only talk about myself and project on other's experiences, but it seems to me that all those situations would be horrible for a dmt experience!

is it really elitism if one out of own experience chooses to avoid certain
stimulus and prefers others (whether on a trip or not), and humbly suggests others knowing its only a suggestion and not a judgement? I mean, I rather not be in closed places where people smoke cigarretes, I'd rather eat organic food over fast-food, etc but I dont go preaching on others what they should or shouldnt do. I might ask them about their actions and try to show my point of view if I think its reasonable, though.. Does that make me an elitist?

you make it sound like I had a false time.. Oxide is more personal than spiritual IMO, and it shows. It's not like I rely on Hollywood soo much to get me through life. I mean I would see the actors in a different light completely. Ben affleck didn't look quite healthy.. While Owen Wilson for example looked as healthy as a bean Smile and alive!
Hyperspace is quite an awesome thing whenever I smoke dmt. Just breaking through is an accomplishment in itself and I always smoke regular dmt without any kind of stimuli, including music. This was such a powerful experience, yet you seem to be just taking it a bit too far. I mean seriously? DMT in walmart? :/ a bar?!? Frat party?!? This is really blown way. Out of proportion. It's not like I'm glued to the tv all day whatever I do haha.

And if one does not want tv interfering don't watch it. This was the only time I watched a movie on a spice trip and it took on a whole new deep meaning for me.. Shud I even explain? Or would that add more fuel to the really friendly, warm, fire Smile

endlessness
#39 Posted : 4/26/2010 2:24:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If your idea of a good use of dmt is to watch movies, and to look at hollywood actors and decide whether they look healthy or not, go right ahead and do that, after all, its your life and your dmt. But I hope from my last posts you understand why in this community probably most people will think you're under-utilizing the amazing potential of this substance, and why you are going to get negative answers. Im trying to make the answers as constructive as possible, and if you dont want to agree thats your choice but I hope you at least take in consideration what is being said.

As for me taking it too far, I was refering to cellux's post about how from the 'shit' we can get the 'gold'. I think one of the best ways to test an argument is to take it to it's final consequences, to the extremes, to see where it fails. And to me, it seemed pretty obvious his argument could be used to support dmt use in any of those circumstances, so either he would have to add other criteria to it or he would also be supporting any of those uses.

You are right for those not wanting tv interfering they should just choose for themselves and not watch them, thats most certainly my take on it. If you want to explain the deep meaning you got, go right ahead... Once again I remind you that if others keep criticising your views, understand why and dont feel personally attacked. With a bit more time you'll understand the general attitude of the community and where it comes from.

All the best

ReviewYourself
#40 Posted : 4/26/2010 2:30:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
If your idea of a good use of dmt is to watch movies, and to look at hollywood actors and decide whether they look healthy or not, go right ahead and do that, after all, its your life and your dmt. But I hope from my last posts you understand why in this community probably most people will think you're under-utilizing the amazing potential of this substance, and why you are going to get negative answers. Im trying to make the answers as constructive as possible, and if you dont want to agree thats your choice but I hope you at least take in consideration what is being said.

As for me taking it too far, I was refering to cellux's post about how from the 'shit' we can get the 'gold'. I think one of the best ways to test an argument is to take it to it's final consequences, to the extremes, to see where it fails. And to me, it seemed pretty obvious his argument could be used to support dmt use in any of those circumstances, so either he would have to add other criteria to it or he would also be supporting any of those uses.

You are right for those not wanting tv interfering they should just choose for themselves and not watch them, thats most certainly my take on it. If you want to explain the deep meaning you got, go right ahead... Once again I remind you that if others keep criticising your views, understand why and dont feel personally attacked. With a bit more time you'll understand the general attitude of the community and where it comes from.

All the best

well I know you guys aren't personally attacking me otherwise I wouldn't be here.. I mean I understand the whole concept as to why television is not a good thing at all with dmt. That night, I was an observer of all my senses and surroundings. I don't
take dmt to analyze someone else haha..

And I don't have a message from god or anything, and I certainly cannot create gold from poop. I did however learn that I have the ability to telepathically communicate. I have always practiced trying to spiritually observe someones energy field to try to understand and feel their emotion, something called empathy. I mean I doubt it is an illusion or a dream, I communicated with my cannabis plant and it told me of it's good health and how I am a good person for continuing nature..

Now that I think about it, if I wasn't such a stoner I would have written ALL of these things in my first post to save any confusion. Haha

I feel that the true meaning I got out of that experience was our own destruction. Not physical but our spiritual retreat into our huge protective cave called ego. How some go about throwing trash anywhere, polluting oceans, destroying wildlife... Not even thinking this is their home.. Idk it's stupid and I regret even posting about it. I am glad you are very understanding. It just sucks when you are excited because you had a great personal time with yourself and you come here to post about it and everyone just starts saying TV is bad on dmt! And you're a troll!

But I still respect your guys criticism, And opinions no amount of slander can change that Smile

PREV123NEXT