We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
-huasca gels workthread Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 4/24/2010 11:12:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

from: https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2148
amor_fati wrote:
What if a very minimal amount of ingredients were piled together on a heated pan (of a particular size so that the product could be cut into squares with known active content) in particular ratios and simply spread across the pan very thinly while adding a bit of water? Rather than forming a solution, then hardening it, one could utilize a slightly more manual process to possibly make it much more thin. One could even start by measuring out the absolute maximum of gelatin, glycerin, and water to be used, add the total amount of actives to the pan initially, and proceed to add minimal amounts of the other ingredients while mixing and spreading. The pan could either be preheated in the oven, or heated over a hot-dish.

SWIM's onto something. He completely winged a procedure similar to the one above, but for lack of measurements of any sort, and performed in a pyrex dish mounted over a crockpot. The result shortly after refrigerating were thin floppy gelatin strips that could be pealed from the dish intact with aid of a razor blade, but after sandwiching them in wax paper and simply leaving them unsealed and in room temperature, they hardened and thinned a bit more, but remained flexible. They apparently work very well, judging by two separate trials with harmaloid tincture pre-dosing.

SWIM's goal now is to use a small square dish, perform the same process with a bare minimum of gelatin and water, and separately with glycerite harmaloid and spice tinctures, adding no more glycerin than is already in the tinctures. The square sheet could then be peeled and sandwiched between wax paper to be marked with a grid, then cut along the grid for reasonably precisely measured doses. The process would likely benefit from dehydrating the sheet prior to cutting, or else after, but dehydrating at some point would be a good idea.

Hypothetically, SWIM would imagine 3g THH or Harmine in an 8"x8" dish would provide the most adequate dose by surface area (~47mg/sq in), and he would probably go with about half that concentration for spice (separately, of course), depending upon availability (increasing the concentration when possible). With the harmaloids, SWIM would estimate that one square inch at the proposed concentration would be plenty enough at once (based on his mucosahuasca findings), but SWIM would cut the spice sheet to enable dosing at increments of 10mg (.5sq in, by the proposed concentration). SWIM would most likely attempt the spice sheet first and test it alongside a harmaloid tincture before attempting to make harmaloid gels.

SWIM has a very good feeling about where this is going.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Oncewas
#2 Posted : 4/24/2010 9:47:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

uhm neat if you figure it out let me knowww

ismokecrystals
#3 Posted : 4/24/2010 10:33:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta wrote:
I know a decent deal about gel sheeting.

If you want the blocks(window-pane), go to a hard-ware store in the lighting department. They have big strips of replacement flourescent light covers for under ten dollars. You'll know the right ones once you look at the pattern.

Dehydrate before cutting or removing from the mold, definitely. If you do your gels will be wavy strips, similar to bacon. Takes a day or more to dry.

I wonder if one could lay, dry, then lay some more on top to form thicker gels.

Go light on the glycerine, it's not even necessary imo. I like gels that are nice and thick and when you cut them with scissors they fly off. There is a serious technique involved but I won't get into it.

Please tell us more. I for one would love to learn how to make gel sheets. I can imagine dosing would be much much more precise.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 4/25/2010 12:55:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Metta wrote:
Dehydrate before cutting or removing from the mold, definitely. If you do your gels will be wavy strips, similar to bacon. Takes a day or more to dry.

SWIM might give this a try, but he was thinking he'd sandwich it and mark it in wax paper while it's still flat. He's not sure he wants them to warp and may want them to remain flat.

Quote:
I wonder if one could lay, dry, then lay some more on top to form thicker gels.

The gels SWIM's making are plenty thick, and he would actually like to make them a bit thinner, if possible.

Quote:
Go light on the glycerine, it's not even necessary imo. I like gels that are nice and thick and when you cut them with scissors they fly off. There is a serious technique involved but I won't get into it.

These gels are quite flexible but firm. Between the wax paper, they feel like they'd be quite easy to cut, though when they were more like jello they may not have been so easy.

Oncewas
#5 Posted : 4/25/2010 6:23:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I dunno anything