We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dangerous or Delusions? Options

Rentedexistence
#1 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:59:09 AM
He who does what most do not.

Gandalf had just prepped his glass pipe with a clump of 40mg of dark tinted yellow crystals and after two massive inhales and exhales which sadly did not produce any sail boats or dragons he was hit with a massive rush of impending alteration. He closed his eyes and felt a massive onset of tingling, parethesia, pin's and needles, pokes and prods, whatever relates with you the best. It was certainly borderline painful as if he was being given multiple continual injections. Laying back in a dimly lit room with his eyes closed he decided to not recognize the nerving sensations. Of course they were still present just dulled into the back ground. It was as if a fantasy had transformed and was projected onto his eyelids and enjoyed this novel experience for what it was. After bottoming to baseline he noticed a very tired feeling in conjunction with difficulty breathing and irritated lungs. Nothing as macabre as the initial rush of pricks and prods. After discussing and informing himself of any other similar experiences with a similar crystal he came to the realization that it was an abnormal experience. Perhaps even a delusion, a placebo which possessed him unexpectedly.

So after many hours of rest Gandalf once again repeated the preparation and inhaled a massive mouthful. The exact same set of experiences bewailed him only more intense and with ominous trepidation for is health. He felt as if this was what it would feel like to pass the great beyond, become fertilizer for flower, or the pain on the precipice of death.

Most likely there is something wrong with the element of the crystals which brought such a lucid luminescence yet languished him into such peril.
Researching for some time, there are reports that lye can not be heated to such a degree to be vaporized yet if he was to describe smoking lye, this would be it. What in this cosmos could possibly cause such tremendous derangement to an otherwise natural and ubiquitous journey?

You will have Gandalf's thanks for any words of wisdom.

- It seems like this should actually be designated into a help section of the forum if a moderator wishes to do so.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 4/22/2010 9:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive only ever experienced that pins and needles feeling from caapi changa. Never from spice.

Although I did get quite a heavy body load from jungle.

The only way to be sure of what you are smoking is the right stuff, is to extract it yourselfSmile

Sorry I cant be of more help.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 4/22/2010 3:12:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

You might be burning your spice. Depending on your smoking apparatus and/or technique, it’s very easy to do. Burnt spice is extremely unpleasant and irritating. It feels toxic, and it probably is.

What does burnt spice feel like? Think of inhaling chlorine gas, think razorblades in your lungs. Pain and unpleasantness!

Also, burnt spice reduces the psychoactive effects, so this would explain failure to break through, but it doesn’t explain the pins-and-needles feeling.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 4/23/2010 4:41:13 PM

The Great Namah

This has only happened to me when I've used Salvia within the past day or two.

Are you a Salvia user? If so, give it a break for a week then try again with the spice.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

jamie
#5 Posted : 4/23/2010 4:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ive never ever felt anything like that from spice after smoking salvia..even when I smoked the 2 together.
Long live the unwoke.

DeMenTed
#6 Posted : 4/23/2010 6:15:45 PM

Barry

What previouse experience do you have with dmt? The shock to the system might be the cause or its bunk dmt?

And what Pandora said ^^^^

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 4/23/2010 6:42:26 PM

John Murdoch IV

I'd do a sodium carbonate wash on that spice.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Rentedexistence
#8 Posted : 4/25/2010 2:42:49 AM

Pandora wrote:
Pandora
You also did not tell us very much about Gandalf's past and level of experience with psychedelics in general and spice in particular...

Gandalf has experience about 4 ++++ experiences with other various mediums as well as a ball park figure of 100 +++, and approximately 300++, perhaps 400 + rated ventures. Gandalf believe that he has achieved some measure of albedo or degeneration of a decrepit ego and regeneration of a more ubiquitous nature.
Pandora wrote:

...Thus, I cannot help but wonder if in fact what Gandalf is experiencing is imminent soul launch (pins & needles) and potential ego-death that sometimes accompanies this. If this is the case, then the spice has opened a door of learning for him but he will have to face some powerful personal demons to be able to move forward. Again, just one woman's opinion, nothing more...

...Peace & Love,
Pandora

Gandalf has also met with the demon balrogs from the inner core although most likely they will always linger as a memory or rumination as an element of being and consciousness.

gibran2 wrote:
Gibran2
You might be burning your spice. Depending on your smoking apparatus and/or technique, it’s very easy to do. Burnt spice is extremely unpleasant and irritating. It feels toxic, and it probably is.

What does burnt spice feel like? Think of inhaling chlorine gas, think razorblades in your lungs. Pain and unpleasantness!

When I inspected Gandalf's smoking apparatus and his methods I noticed no problems after research of appropriate procedures and utilities. Gandalf used a straight glass pipe where the crystal liquid was suspended inside a steel mesh, he used a flame that heated the glass circumventing the mesh and thus the material with no direct contact of extreme temperatures.
The wizard himself felt no devilish pain inside his lungs although he was also aware there are no nerves inside the lung to his knowledge. Instead the pain was similar to the Hypodermic Iron Maiden in the movie Tommy. It appeared to permeate throughout all extremities, as if he was experiencing a break out of hives, but instead of a overwhelming itch the itch was instead an infinite number of stinging prods and pokes.

acolon_5 wrote:
Acolon_5
Are you a Salvia user? If so, give it a break for a week then try again with the spice.

Gandalf did use a very moderate amount of Salvia about 6-7 days before. Gandalf also had rolled ~3 nights prior. Used skullcap and lavender to rest a couple days before, ingested .5mg of alprazolam 12 hours prior, smoked additive filled tobacco, perhaps had residue of 5-htp, magnesium, vitamin b in his system. Besides that he was completely sober as far as the word can be related to his own idea of a legal baseline.

DeMenTed wrote:
Demented
What previous experience do you have with dmt? The shock to the system might be the cause or its bunk dmt?

Since this post came into existence Gandalf has had two experiences, those two experiences that included the pain mentioned in the intro post. Also the crystals were acquired from a trusted source, a source which has been used by others which Gandalf trusts enough to rely upon their opinions. He had heard that the crystals from this source produced a feeling of calm well being in any other instance. Although he would like to mention that the specific bit he used was a larger, darker, congealed or clumped, mass of crystal weighing 40mg.

DMTripper wrote:
I'd do a sodium carbonate wash on that spice.

This is what research has provided with him as an answer, yet both of us are confused as the trusted sentry of the source has used the same material before without any adverse affects. The guardian actually thought it may be a personal reaction between the crystal and Gandalf, to sum up for lack of a better word: an allergic reaction. Although Gandalf finds this hard to comprehend being that the composition of the crystal itself is found inside nearly every living biological being, including the mage.

There was a noted report on tribe dot net which featured two people with a similar experience, they believed the substance to be contaminated perhaps by sodium hydroxide or something similar. There was no true conclusion or finding as to what the root of the issue was. Gandalf did have a theory that the crystals had oxidized into its oxidized form thus causing damage to his system.

He truly is confounded as such a body pain has never been experienced with a plurethera of other indoles with genuine benzine rings.

Thanks for your time and thought.
=)

Rentedexistence
#9 Posted : 4/25/2010 3:40:18 AM

Also I think it should be added that Gandalf only felt the painful effects as long as the altered perception was affecting his conscious.