We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cactus brew + Rice cooker = Perfect Resin Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 4/23/2010 8:20:12 AM

SWIM

SWIM has been trying to figure out the simplest way to evaporate something and the stove really takes far to much timing and attentiveness, (SWIM burned some things Razz)

SWIM just thought of using a rice cooker for evaporating DMT-containing tinctures. Though that has not been tested yet, may work, he figure since mescaline is stable at boiling temperatures then it could work.

For those who don't know a rice cooker has a built-in trigger that shuts it off when there is no water, that is just a trigger that goes off when it is >100C.

SWIM made his cactus brew of 70g of powdered P-torch. (He would have preferred pieces, but he powdered his whole batch a whole back)

Anyway he simply steeped the powder in hot water using is mildly-unique hot-water-brewing.

It can be seen here

Once the brew was filtered and done he put in in the rice cooker and let it run. It took a while, he ended up taking off the top to make it evaporate faster, then it went quickly.

When the rice cooker "popped" showing that it was done he checked in and there was a slightly brittle cake on the bottle. He removed it using the tip of a chopstick. The whole brew (in 3 batches of his tiny rice cooker) yielded 11.9g of powdery dry resin from the 70g of torch.

While the rice cooker seemed like it may damage the mescaline, it does not go over 100C and right at the end it may peak at 110-115C for a minute as the water dries up, but that seemed not to effect the potency at all.

Today he tested 1.7g or 10g worth. He has gotten a very potent trip, in short it reminds him greatly of a 20g simmered brew he made a while back, but with no nausea at all.

His rice cooker was $15, and it makes great rice too.

Just thought he'd share. Hope the other chemisty experts don't tell him using a teflon coated rice cooker is super unsafe and he is careless to recommend it to anyone.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Vularin
#2 Posted : 4/23/2010 9:21:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds great!!

What brand of rice cooker did you use? sounds like a great alternative for a expensive food dehydrator...

Cheers

V

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 4/23/2010 3:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey great find, and thanks for sharing! Good to see some Nexans researching cactus resin... I like the sound of the potency of your batch as well! I have resin from 500g worth of torch chips at hme, which will be being sampled over the weekend... Cool

ThirdEyeVision
#4 Posted : 4/23/2010 4:26:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend has not been in the cactus threads for a while. Is the consensus that heat does not damage mesc? Last I was in here everyone was saying even a food dehydrator set at 145 will kill it.

I love this quick and easy method!
You mentioned a friend taking 1.5 - 10g...... HUGE range. How is it so?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 4/23/2010 5:11:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought heat did damage mescaline... That's why I never let the temperature rise above 60-70 C while I am simmering and evaporating. Could I really use higher heat? That would be very helpful...

۩
#6 Posted : 4/23/2010 5:35:59 PM

Higher heat leads to more gunk.

q21q21
#7 Posted : 4/23/2010 6:25:02 PM

SWIM

۩ wrote:

The rice cooker is never used directly on the cactus, thus this is not the case

SWIM has also evaporated san pedro alkaloids extracted with limonene in a 250F oven it was a BLAST, very strong.

wrote:

Raising the vapor pressure of the system will also raise the vapor pressure of the components... you won't lose much at all though (.00001% maybe)... It's really a non-issue.

Boiling mescaline is fine. It survives 125*C in an oven with fairly concentrated sulfuric acid - no way water will do anything.

(A quote from the nook inquiring about rolling boil on a mescaline brew)

mescaline has been steam distilled in the past by many, even in that there was no significant loss, stated by many in a thread on the nook.

Pretty sure like the 60-80C boiling point of freebase DMT (SWIM knows it is >100C for a fact), the heat instability of mescaline is a myth too, at least at temps up to 110C
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

ThirdEyeVision
#8 Posted : 4/23/2010 8:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
۩ wrote:

The rice cooker is never used directly on the cactus, thus this is not the case

SWIM has also evaporated san pedro alkaloids extracted with limonene in a 250F oven it was a BLAST, very strong.

wrote:

Raising the vapor pressure of the system will also raise the vapor pressure of the components... you won't lose much at all though (.00001% maybe)... It's really a non-issue.

Boiling mescaline is fine. It survives 125*C in an oven with fairly concentrated sulfuric acid - no way water will do anything.

(A quote from the nook inquiring about rolling boil on a mescaline brew)

mescaline has been steam distilled in the past by many, even in that there was no significant loss, stated by many in a thread on the nook.

Pretty sure like the 60-80C boiling point of freebase DMT (SWIM knows it is >100C for a fact), the heat instability of mescaline is a myth too, at least at temps up to 110C

This news makes my friend very very happy.
Steam distilling cactus? That sounds like a lot of fun. Did it work well?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

۩
#9 Posted : 4/23/2010 9:12:55 PM

I know, I was just sayin'