We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
psychoactive effects of blue lotus Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 4/19/2010 12:23:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, I feel the effects of blue lotus as a calming of the body, a sort of imbuement of healthy
relaxation over the next week or so after dosing. very mild psychological effects from drinking
even a strong tea. (probably equivalent to smoking the tiniest bit of cannabis) or, on par with
a coffee, something like that.

But I read all over the internet people moaning about how they get no effects from this plant.
As I said, I've tried it on a few occasions now and I find that for about a week afterwards any
stressy knots I had unfurl, and generally, physically, I feel great.

What is everyones 2c on this one?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 4/19/2010 12:33:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, Blue Lotus is very subtle, but nonetheless very good. I believe the reports of no effect come from people who are not really aware of their body, people who just are looking to get fucked up. Blue Lotus will NEVER fuck you up, no matter the dosage. I view the herb as calming and centering, and it works great to combat the paranoia like feeling one can get on certain strains of Cannabis. I really love Blue Lotus together with a glass or three of red wine, the stiff ethanol high gets more smooth and enjoyable, and I do not feel the ethanol crash I usually do.

antrocles
#3 Posted : 4/19/2010 12:33:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i am just coming back from the most challenging work yet. my medicine was electric sheep (blue lotus, calea, spice). i took 40mg caapi copy sublingual 30 minutes before and then took a giant hit...

think i'm going to have to write a proper report on this one..but sufficed to say, blue lotus is in no way "subtle". it is every bit as profound as any entheogen out there and, when potentiated with spice, it can be a truly beautfiul, life-changing experience...

....or a decent into madness as i just found out.. Shocked

either way, blue lotus is FOR REAL!! there's a reason i have one tattooed all over my hands....

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 4/19/2010 12:35:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
but sufficed to say, blue lotus is in no way "subtle".

Really? Have you tried Blue Lotus alone? I can certainly believe that it does incredible things to spice, but is it really not only subtle for you, if taken alone?

antrocles
#5 Posted : 4/19/2010 1:32:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, good point. i have worked with blue lotus alone many times and it is quite subtle...well....not so much subtle as i would say gentle. it reminds me of the most loving cannibis but without the foggy head. it is a very soulful, loving energy. i have sat and vaped it all night and never felt for an instant that there was even a way to 'overdo it'.

it's most definitely the combination of caapi copy and spice along with all of the lotus that no doubt rocked me to my core. i have really been feeling more and more that DMT is a 'potentiator'. it takes whatever medicine you put it with and just makes it completely magnified to it's zenith. in this case, i combined a lot of spice with a lot of caapi and a lot of lotus. the caapi took me deep within my feelings (which are very heavy these days) and the lotus took me deep into my mind (which, if those heavy feelings are influencing my thoughts..... Shocked )

either way, i am a true student of the blue lotus. it is a profound teacher and a deeply challenging one if the stage is set accordingly.

might need to work with it by itself for awhile to help me reintegrate this last one...

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

stevowitz
#6 Posted : 4/19/2010 2:26:13 AM

The Dude

does anyone know what the effects of a tincture would be? perhaps one could somehow extract the chemical that's causing this effect...worth some thought
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

Pokey
#7 Posted : 4/19/2010 4:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gotta get some after reading this thread. I don't smoke. Any other good way to experience it?

Pokey

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#8 Posted : 4/19/2010 4:35:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
There are some reports of people soaking blue lotus in wine, which is a mixture of acids, water, and ethanol. You could consider that a sort of tincture.

I personally have tried extracting blue lotus with vodka and drinking it. All I felt was the two shots of vodka on an empty stomach -- no blue lotus effects were noticed. However, the blue lotus I used was cheap. Also, perhaps the acids or some other component of wine are needed to get the extraction to work right. It's supposed to cause frank hallucinations in large enough doses, to be honest.

Antrocles, your report of caapi copy before electric sheep is very interesting! My friend wants to make electric sheep with a bit of caapi copy directly in the mix. What ratios would be sensible? Perhaps 1:1:0.1 of leaf:spice:CC?

shoe
#9 Posted : 4/20/2010 11:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pokey wrote:
Gotta get some after reading this thread. I don't smoke. Any other good way to experience it?
Pokey

Try these people. http://www.bluelotus-export.com/ I bought 10g of hash recently and after nomming
a lot of it I think i may have to order some more! LOL Its great with sugar.

Somone told me that you shouldn't be stingy with it but after about six or seven experiences with it I think
its more of a subtle healing, warming kind of thing.

You definately shouldn't be looking to get fucked up on it, its just not like that. that's for sure.

antrocles: what you said about it being a profound teacher, amplified by DMT, I can see the truth in that.
I'm very interested in exploring that. Everything has an effect no matter how small, and if you adjust your
point of view accordingly, a tiny effect can have massive consequences. (the butterfly effect)
shoe

Oncewas
#10 Posted : 4/21/2010 12:44:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lotus is a smooth smoke additive, good for changa as previously mentioned.

Lotus alone makes my fore-head swim, and can help me "clean up" for meditation. It has mild empathogen like feelings though it's natural when those things come. Nothing like smoking a pipe and just, "zoop - I'm high".

I guess for me personally its a meditation tool, and a good one at that.

Pokey
#11 Posted : 4/21/2010 4:52:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool. Thanks Shoe. I'll get some leaf to add to changa, and some tea. I don't drink alcohol, so I can't try Samadhi's suggestions, but I love tea.

Pokey

ms_manic_minxx
#12 Posted : 4/21/2010 8:02:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I make Blue Lotus wine every Christmas for the tribe... Cool

Blue Lotus is soothing. (I enjoy it with cannabis because it balances out THE FEAR.)

Blue lotus tastes like birthday cake.
White lotus tastes like marshmallows.

White Lotus is more prayer-minded and clarifying. Blue lotus works on the heart and carries a powerful energy of love.

The tea doesn't taste so great (mine, steeped sufficiently, ranked with Calea Zacatechichi). Smoked, it's fantastic.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

OpeningPandorasBox
#13 Posted : 4/23/2010 12:20:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have quite alot of experience with blue lotus and can say that the effects are noticeable but very mild when smoked alone. However when mixed with other herbs can be quite pleasant and even potentiate effects. I have tried it with changa and the euphoria is remarkable. The only other method I have tried that I really found pleasant was blue lotus steeped in wine. However in my experience it takes much more lotus and more time to work effectively than many suggest. I usually take a .75 L of wine and drink 1/4 of it then fill with lotus until its about to overflow...cap it...leave it in the fridge for a week. Then I simply rubberband a small piece of cloth over the opening of the bottle so that when its poured the lotus stays in the bottle. This makes enough for me to feel the effects. My best description would be a lighter more clear headed and "floaty" drunk. Great for for those social occasions where spice just doesnt cope well.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 4/23/2010 4:03:51 AM

John Murdoch IV

I'd love to try this plant out. Just need to order online. Can't find it in stores here Sad
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

OpeningPandorasBox
#15 Posted : 4/24/2010 12:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have WAY too much of it. If anyone has any experiments or ideas in mind involving blue lotus let me know as I need something to do with it.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

Bill Cipher
#16 Posted : 4/24/2010 2:58:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful by itself (though very subtle, IMO), wonderful with spice. Either way it's soothing and meditative, and not at all fogging.

maxzar100
#17 Posted : 4/24/2010 11:50:29 PM

Earth Child

Blue lotus tea works for me, even at small doses. It is a mild but pleasant mood lift.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

shoe
#18 Posted : 4/25/2010 11:46:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, awesome pic maxzar
shoe

astralsmity
#19 Posted : 5/20/2010 1:19:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hey sorry to post on an old thread, but - i placed an order through paypal on this website a month ago and it still has not arrived. it says flat rate shipping 10-15 days for dried flowers.. might i ask how long it took for your orders from there to arrive? im on the west coast of the US by the way.. wanna make sure i didn't get jipped.

thanks

pau
#20 Posted : 5/20/2010 1:41:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone have an opinion of just these two: Blue Lotus and B. caapi? Tea vs. smoke?
WHOA!

123NEXT