We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pedicularis Densiflora, anyone? Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 4/19/2010 5:38:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know very little about it, however I have been told it is a very relaxing herb. Especially used in smoking blends, and has great synergy with cannabis.

Does anyone have any experience or anything to share about this herb? I am struggling to find the active components inside of it, any ideas? http://en.wikipedia.org/...i/Pedicularis_densiflora

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 4/19/2010 5:50:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no experience with the herb and I don't know what the active constituents are, but a quick web search gave these constituents: Iridoid glycosides iridoids; 6-O-acetylaucubin; 8-epiloganin; mussaenoside; shanzhiside methyl ester; aucubin; euphroside; plantarenaloside; shanzhiside methyl ester; gardoside methyl ester; ixoroside; 8-epiloganin; mussaenoside; pedicularioside; penstemoside; penstemonoside; boschnaloside; and phenylpropanoid glycosides, verbascoside and pedicularioside.

freethinker
#3 Posted : 4/19/2010 7:56:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been working with Indian Warrior for a while now. Only smoking. I have yet to make tea. I enjoy working with various herbs for smoking so I find it very pleasurable and enjoyable. If you're just looking for cheap, legal, pot alternatives, you're bound to be disappointed. It's got a nice effect if you're smoking good buds, but nothing is going to kick your ass like a high grade commercial indica so don't be expecting that.

I find it relaxing and soothing. Not as stony as Blue Lotus or Passionflower (in a good way, I enjoy both of those but they give me heavy eyelids, Indian Warrior doesn't hit me in a dopey way like that). Similar in effect to Lion's Tail but much less harsh to smoke (IMO). I like it. For me, I get a physically relaxed, but mentally interested state. Feels like you smoked some pot about an hour ago kind of thing.

It's a good one for infusing spice and harmalas for making Changa as well. Also synergizes well with pot.

If you purchase, only do it from a vendor with freshly harvested buds in stock. I'm looking into growing it this year myself.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

mogascreeta
#4 Posted : 4/22/2010 5:58:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta wrote:
I know very little about it, however I have been told it is a very relaxing herb. Especially used in smoking blends, and has great synergy with cannabis.

Does anyone have any experience or anything to share about this herb? I am struggling to find the active components inside of it, any ideas? http://en.wikipedia.org/...i/Pedicularis_densiflora

I have experience with this herb and i was sadly disappointed. i got no effect smoked, no synergy with cannabis. i made an IPA extraction and smoked that and still got nothing.
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Oncewas
#5 Posted : 4/22/2010 6:39:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seems to be a contradicting plant. What a mystery. I'll stay away from it for now, unless it finds it's way to me.

Thanks for the input everyone, if anyone finds anything interesting on it, or has an experience I'd love to hear more. Smile

maxzar100
#6 Posted : 4/25/2010 3:01:57 AM

Earth Child

Metta, I have worked with three different pedicularis: Densiflora, greonlandica, and racemosa. I have to say that vaped densiflora was very strong at first, but I was sad to find that it has an insane tolerance. Now I do not feel any effects from several bowls of it out of a bong, or a large cup of tea.

I highly recommend Pedicularis racemosa, its my favorite. Gives me a strange buzz, I also feel pretty calm and have interesting dreams. I have yet to notice a tolerance from it.

Give the Pedicularis family a chance, and see for yourself.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz