We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mineral Spirits Thinner vs VM & P Naphtha Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 1/7/2010 10:04:18 PM

Human

Hi Nexus

Today I was walking The Home Depot (I live in Mexico) and was searching specifically for VM&P Naphtha.
I did not find it. They don't have it in this store.

However, there was this chemical named something like "Paint Thinner with Mineral Spirits... etc"

I did not buy it. But I wonder if it could be used instead of VM&P Naphtha.
Would it be good enough to perform the extraction?

I'm in no hurry, I could wait and search for the Naphtha or even the heptane.
But still it would be nice to know what someone with more experience thinks about this.

I'm planning on using Noman's Tek.

Would the DMT be of bad quality or perhaps it would be very unwise? Or it's ok and I would succeed in extracting the spirit molecule?

Thanks in advance! Very happy

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pokey
#2 Posted : 1/8/2010 3:25:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My advice is to find the right stuff.Keep looking and I bet you'll find it! I prefer heptane to naptha, but it's a bit more expensive.

clouds
#3 Posted : 1/8/2010 5:01:44 AM

Human

Thanks Pokey.

I was not really seriously thinking about buying it unless someone said:

- "Go for it, same thing, no problem."

But I am taking it easy, being very careful.
I will definetely look for Heptane or even D-limonene for the non-toxic tek.

Again, thanks for your time and Best wishes Smile

Kazoo...
#4 Posted : 1/8/2010 7:18:00 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

VM&P Naphtha is available at "ACE hardware" stores
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

Apoc
#5 Posted : 4/20/2010 7:18:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No one has said that mineral spirits will not work. I don't know if anyone has tried it. I believe mineral spirits are similar to naphtha. Both will evaporate without a trace. I believe mineral spirits are a non polar solvent, as it is a petroleum distilate like naphtha. I might try mineral spirits just to see if it works, cause I can't find vmp naphtha either. I don't know why so many people say it absolutely must be vmp naphtha, which contains several chemcials.

http://ilrc.ucf.edu/samp...ame_2=&sample_id=220

q21q21
#6 Posted : 4/20/2010 7:47:39 AM

SWIM

SWIM was in the same boat (figuratively) when he was going to do his first extraction.

He ended up using Ronsonol camp fuel, which worked well, though was quite expensive.

He's been extracting for a while and he's found that any camp fuel/lighter fluid that says "naptha petroleum" on the back and fits these characteristics

-Smells like lighter fluid (kind like paint thinner) not like propane. Some have additives that make an impure product
-Is completely clear and colorless
-Evaporates without a trace.

He's found 3 different fuels that work and they all fit that description.

Good luck
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

lyserge
#7 Posted : 4/20/2010 11:00:32 PM

polyfather anomalous

q21q21 wrote:
SWIM was in the same boat (figuratively) when he was going to do his first extraction.

He ended up using Ronsonol camp fuel, which worked well, though was quite expensive.

He's been extracting for a while and he's found that any camp fuel/lighter fluid that says "naptha petroleum" on the back and fits these characteristics

-Smells like lighter fluid (kind like paint thinner) not like propane. Some have additives that make an impure product
-Is completely clear and colorless
-Evaporates without a trace.

He's found 3 different fuels that work and they all fit that description.

Good luck

SWIM had different experience using Ronsonol from the US. She found it seems to leave a definite solvent-smell-trace in the spice that wouldn't evaporate even after months of airing out. In the US SWIM believes you're better off with VM+P, don't know about Mexico, looks like q21q21 offered you advice as far as that goes...
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland