We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SWIMs new vaporizer - still have to snort :-( Options

live
#1 Posted : 4/18/2010 4:02:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has built a vaporizer of a stable cola bottle. In the bottom of the bottle he has melted a screw thread for a bulb (using a soldering gun and a bulb heated with a blow-dryer). The inhalation happens from the bottleneck. For the inhalation, the valve made of a reaction tube is to be opened. Still, SWIM could not get a trip because 50 mg spice had not produced enough fumes although everything have been evaporated.

What is SWIM doing wrong?
live attached the following image(s):
P1050583.jpg (113kb) downloaded 167 time(s).
P1050584.jpg (128kb) downloaded 167 time(s).
P1050587.jpg (132kb) downloaded 167 time(s).
Life is a mystery. Enjoy every moment of it.
Do not try to figure it out.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DimethylSpice
#2 Posted : 4/18/2010 4:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Might need a smaller vapo man.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 4/18/2010 4:33:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your homemade vape looks funny, but the light bulp is propably the least fortunate method to vape it.

Build "The machine" or buy a Vaporgenie.

antrocles
#4 Posted : 4/18/2010 5:31:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smoke (and it will be smoke since a bulb will almost certainly burn your spice) as little as possible out of that plastic contraption my friend. save up, beg, borrow....and get yourself a glass vapor genie. yes, they are a little expensive, but seriously...you will NEVER need anything else again.

GVG + GOOD TORCH LIGHTER = life-long spice vaping perfection.

if it's gonna take a little while to save up the scratch, make yourself a proper 'machine' or get yourself a little glass hash-oil fixture for your bong....just don't smoke out of plastic..it's toxic and i'm sure your lungs will not appreciate it.

i share because i care... Smile

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/18/2010 5:48:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

to the OP: you get some points for inventiveness at least Very happy I like people that build/improvise things.

but yeah as everybody said, get a vaporgenie, if you dont have money for the glass one, the normal one is fine. It will be sooooo much smoother I promiss you

q21q21
#6 Posted : 4/18/2010 6:27:50 PM

SWIM

The bulb is widely accepted as a terribly inefficient method of smoking, As much as it seems like it would protect the smoke from escaping and give 100% of the product/effects, it just ends up getting the spice really hot and burning it most of the time.

The machine is the solution to this, it uses copper (a kitchen scrubber) as a heatsink to carry the heat evenly through the product, also once the flame is removed the copper cools down in seconds preventing burn. This doesn't happen with glass.

SWIMS smoked 62mg in a bulb one time and got the effects he would now compare to <5mg worth. He put 35mg from the SAME BATCH in his machine he made out of a glass vanilla bottle and he immediately had his first breakthrough, didn't even finish the spice either.

Here are 2 pages that will change you life (by allowing you to fully experience the spice)

The machine info

That explains the basics of it.

The link below shows how incredibly simple it can be, SWIM's friends still use (and love) this device he gave to them after making his bubbler.

How to make a Mini-Machine

although that can be harsh, you can make a machine-bubbler

He made his own bubbler out of:

1ml medicine dropper
2 thin glass rods
6 inches of clear pvc tubing
a glass milk bottle
glue/sealant
copper kitchen scrubber

When smoking not only does he enjoy the taste, but bubbling the smoke through the water has made it so smooth he has never coughed using the bubble with DMT. Never.

the basics of the stem to hold the DMT is here
amor_fati's Mini-Machine Bubbler Stem

You can google how to make a bubbler, SWIM didn't have any idea how to make one and just made it up as he went, it's very simple

Good luck
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#7 Posted : 4/18/2010 6:30:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah agreed on the lightbulb being problematic.

but disagree on the machine.. Ive tried the machine and the smoke is soooooooooo much harsher than the vaporgenie, really worlds of difference IMO

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 4/18/2010 9:02:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
but disagree on the machine.. Ive tried the machine and the smoke is soooooooooo much harsher than the vaporgenie, really worlds of difference IMO

With all due respect, endlessness, this is likely due to technique and design, because "the machine" can be harsh if used improperly or in certain ways. SWIM has experienced a vast spectrum of vapor quality with the machine but managed to close in on some incredibly effective methods--namely, with a bubbler. SWIM would imagine a straight machine being much harsher than a VG, but the machine does have the advantage of being adaptable to any sort of bubbler. SWIM's found that the ultimate manner vaporization comes from combining the principles of the VG and the machine bubbler stem.

Lightbulbs and snorting are a huge waste of spice, and the machine is simple, cheap, and effective.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 4/18/2010 9:17:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh yeah you are right there must be variations due to design and smoking technique! It was some straight machine and I tried to go easy on the lighter, melting it first and then vapping, and it felt quite harsh compared to the genie. Maybe some other manner would have been better. What is the proper way to use it, would you say?

Did you make some wiki or have a thread with pics on your latest prefered way of vaporization? I would be curious

Did you ever try the vaporgenie, though?

gibran2
#10 Posted : 4/18/2010 10:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

q21q21 wrote:
When smoking not only does he enjoy the taste, but bubbling the smoke through the water has made it so smooth he has never coughed using the bubble with DMT. Never.

I used to use a device similar to yours, and the smoke was smooth (unless you burn your spice – then all the water-cooling in the world isn’t going to make it smooth).

Then I got a GVG. There is no comparison. The first time I used it, I thought I was doing something wrong. As I was inhaling, all I noticed was slightly above room-temperature air entering my lungs. It was only when I started feeling those familiar effects that I realized I had indeed inhaled vaporized DMT.

There’s no taste, no smell. And if you use a disc of copper mesh in the GVG, an entire dose can be vaporized in just a few seconds. (This produces a qualitatively different kind of experience. Shocked )

And as far as I can tell, it’s impossible to burn spice with a GVG. I’ve torched it aggressively with a jet/torch lighter, and it has never burned.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 4/18/2010 10:32:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
oh yeah you are right there must be variations due to design and smoking technique! It was some straight machine and I tried to go easy on the lighter, melting it first and then vapping, and it felt quite harsh compared to the genie. Maybe some other manner would have been better. What is the proper way to use it, would you say?

SWIM would only use a bic with a machine bowl, otherwise, he finds a torch to work best. SWIM finds a bubbler to be indispensable: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Machine-Style_Bubbler_Piece

Quote:
Did you make some wiki or have a thread with pics on your latest prefered way of vaporization? I would be curious

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Inspirator

Quote:
Did you ever try the vaporgenie, though?

No, too expensive. SWIM's methods work well enough, so he really couldn't justify the purchase. He is, however, interested in attempting to build a homemade one using porous ceramic.

Madcap
#12 Posted : 4/18/2010 11:56:44 PM

illudium Q-36

GVG all the way. My first device was a glass steamroller c r a c k pipe stuffed with brillo. The spice was yellow, the vapor was harsh. I went to the VG site and they had just introduced the glass model. I tried out my first white re-x spice in my spankin new GVG ..... it worked so well...it nearly blasted my my brains out.

I have rigged up one of amor fati's excellent eyedropper steelwool contraptions for a friend. It worked pretty well (the wiki tek is well laid out and easy to implement) If you can't get a VG I'd try one of his ideas.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 4/19/2010 3:56:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcapv2 wrote:
I have rigged up one of amor fati's excellent eyedropper steelwool contraptions for a friend. It worked pretty well (the wiki tek is well laid out and easy to implement) If you can't get a VG I'd try one of his ideas.

SWIM's favorite aspect of either the machine bubbler stem or the inspirator is that multiple devices can be made inexpensively, better facilitating group sessions.