We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why did I ever eat fruits? Tea kicks ass Options

mumbles
#1 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Title says it all. Used 2.5g dried per person, ground in a coffee grinder, using a coffee plunger stirred the powder + 1-2 powdered vitamin c tablets in (1/2 cup water per person) 40c water for 10mins. Used the plunger to keep the solid material and poured the tea into equal measures. Mixed 50:50 with brewed black tea and about 4 sugars per cup. Doesn't taste bad and comes on stronger and faster than if the fruits were just eaten so take sips over 20mins or so.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I gotta try this vitamin c story, it might make all the difference... from my experience with normal tea, its always less strong than eating the mushrooms...

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:57:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
Used 2.5g dried per person, ground in a coffee grinder, using a coffee plunger stirred the powder + 1-2 powdered vitamin c tablets in (1/2 cup water per person) 40c water for 10mins.

How many milligrams of vitamin C/ascorbic acid?

I've tried drinking a gram or two of ascorbic acid in water before and it was horrible, to me. Just straight ascorbic acid in water. No sugar or tea or anything.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

deamsterphile
#4 Posted : 4/8/2010 4:28:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The best method SWIM has found was SWIM believes from the clusterbuster site from a while back

So you want to boil the water and just steep the mushrooms for 15 minutes

Then you filter the shrooms from the water, add about 2 tablets per "dose" to the saved water

Then boil NEW water and steep once again for 15 minutes

discard mushy shrooms and add the second wash to the first and enjoy!

antichode
#5 Posted : 4/9/2010 4:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A lemon tea is certainly one kick ass approach. Swims friends tried it with 1.5grm subaeruginosa each. Ground material was soaked in lemon juice for about half an hour (probably doesnt need to be this long). Then hot water from the jug was poured over the top (taking note of how much liquid there is). Steeped for another 20 minutes or so and divided up amongst them. Apparently it tasted like slightly musty lemons, kind of enjoyable in fact.

They could feel it within 5 minutes and within 15-20 minutes were almost at peak. They said it was a very very different come up to just eating the material. Not neccesarily stronger, but seems so at the time because it comes on so fast. Completely back to normal within about 4 hours

deamsterphile
#6 Posted : 4/9/2010 5:42:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

very similar method chode

but you would have benefited from steeping the material one more time

Thhe lemon juice or vinamin c actually prevents the oxidation of the alkaloids

burnt
#7 Posted : 4/9/2010 8:29:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

SWIM used to love making a shroom tea out of well mushrooms, freshly squeezed lemon juice and ginger. It tasted great and helped with the stomach upsets that typically accompany mushrooms.

VisualDistortion
#8 Posted : 4/9/2010 11:27:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I gotta try this vitamin c story, it might make all the difference... from my experience with normal tea, its always less strong than eating the mushrooms...

I've done the vitamin c thing, I can't drink orange juice anymore because I've done it sooo many times. Didn't do anything for me as compared to just eating mushies. But a big bar of dark chocolate is brilliant. And you can't taste the mushies either, the earthy taste of the chocolate completely covers it up.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

imPsimon
#9 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:21:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
Title says it all. Used 2.5g dried per person, ground in a coffee grinder, using a coffee plunger stirred the powder + 1-2 powdered vitamin c tablets in (1/2 cup water per person) 40c water for 10mins. Used the plunger to keep the solid material and poured the tea into equal measures. Mixed 50:50 with brewed black tea and about 4 sugars per cup. Doesn't taste bad and comes on stronger and faster than if the fruits were just eaten so take sips over 20mins or so.

How long will this last?

Is this like a version of "the" lemon tek where it's stronger but shorter?

Yengu
#10 Posted : 4/9/2010 2:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:

I thought vitamin C rapidly stopped the trip.

Truffles are legal in holland, and on the instructions sheet it says that to stop a trip, eat a lot of vitamin C or sugar.
And its the psilocybin in both shrooms and truffles.
Autonomous complex moleculer structures, a phenomenon arising out of the laws of this universe. There is no life.

tryptographer
#11 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:32:29 PM

tryptamine photographer

Yengu wrote:

Truffles are legal in holland, and on the instructions sheet it says that to stop a trip, eat a lot of vitamin C or sugar.

I think that's a myth, placebo effect? Being an antioxidant it prevents oxidation of the alkaloids when brewing tea.

It's strange, but tea seems to make me yawn more than solid mushrooms. Unpleasant side effect, those yawns...

skwrlgurl
#12 Posted : 4/14/2010 2:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I much prefer tea, I find that less quantity is needed, and it's much faster. I actually eat the shrooms after to make sure nothing goes to waste Wink

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 4/14/2010 2:20:19 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

tryptographer wrote:
Yengu wrote:

I think that's a myth, placebo effect? Being an antioxidant it prevents oxidation of the alkaloids when brewing tea.

It's strange, but tea seems to make me yawn more than solid mushrooms. Unpleasant side effect, those yawns...

Back in the day sugar was also thought to abolish the trip. Both sugar and vitamin C administration made for good laughs on the comedown after recalling those hopeless SWIMs "attempts" to help his friend with his bad trip when both were tripping balls.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

whiskey5
#14 Posted : 4/17/2010 3:34:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

skrwgurl mentioned the power of the tea to me. I trust what she's saying, but I have to see for myself. so i did.

heres my experience in words, now that its winding down. the fest I mention is the reggae fest in austin.

whiskey5: 3gs of tea at about 4:20 PM
whiskey5: funny cause i thought the tea should be darker
whiskey5: took me a bit to realize its not
whiskey5: drank it, ate it
whiskey5: went to the fest
whiskey5: 30 minutes into it i see the rocks i'm sitting on start shifting
whiskey5: and then its like i'm sitting on a ledge, and things below me are really, really small
whiskey5: walked around, saw colors coming from the speakers
whiskey5: deja vu like crazy
whiskey5: like i walked the same path, wore the same clothes, sky was the same, crowd was the same
whiskey5: then i thought "candy-land"
whiskey5: people there had hula-hoops
whiskey5: so i was seeing peppermint candies, like 20 feet in diameter, swirling around
whiskey5: and levels of the park shifting
whiskey5: couldn't get comfortable though
whiskey5: cause it was getting intense in my head
whiskey5: so i left
whiskey5: and walked home
whiskey5: about 10 mile
whiskey5: miles
whiskey5: just got back
whiskey5: got lost
whiskey5: don't know how i ended up going the right way but i did
whiskey5: in the afterglow now i guess
whiskey5: a state of disbelief that 1) i made it home, and 2) that the tea kicked in like it did
whiskey5: tired now
whiskey5: need a hot bath
whiskey5: the whole "candy-land" aspect of it threw me off
whiskey5: cause i was seeing that, like things spinning, spin-wheels, music from all directions
whiskey5: sounds bouncing off buildings
whiskey5: on my walk home, i crossed a bridge
whiskey5: and the river was flowing in one direction
whiskey5: and the clouds in the same direction
whiskey5: and it was raining
whiskey5: it was beautiful
whiskey5: i wish i could paint it or photograph it
whiskey5: somehow, the direction home was the same direction the clouds were going
whiskey5: and the same direction the river was going
whiskey5: so now, i need to muster the strength to remember what happened
whiskey5: cause theres something in there for me, a message