We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Wiki Workthread Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 1/4/2010 9:30:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Original OP:
Quote:
SWIM's put in a good deal of work lately to get the wiki more organized, but he has trouble finding the time to get as much done as needs to be done and would like to encourage others' help in the matter. Most of what needs to be done is a lot of copying and pasting or else just general writeup from the top of your head on various topics. The botanicals page is looking more and more beautiful but needs more photos and info. The handbook is nearing completion but is still missing some crucial elements. Most all of the teks from within or without the nexus are represented on the wiki, often more attractively than their original forms.

The wiki will be the Nexus' legacy in the long-run, much of what goes on in the forums will be buried with time and more and more difficult to access, this becomes apparent when former members rejoin and relate their past experiences to the new blood. Such losses are unfortunate, but we can take it upon ourselves to prevent future losses through wiki documentation.

More than anything, have fun with it. SWIM's been using it as sort of a public organizer for his work in tek development as well as wiki development. If you're a member, you can have your own page on the wiki, as well. The coding is essentially the same as wikipedia and most other wiki's, so it's a great opportunity to learn one of the more important skills of the information age.

I've recently organized the community portal a bit, so it should be easy to figure out what needs to be done and how to do it: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT-Nexus_Wiki:Community_Portal If unsure, just look at what's already been done to figure out what to do; as I said, it's mostly a lot of copying and pasting.

I hope to see you there!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

psychosisdoses
#2 Posted : 1/4/2010 1:19:45 PM

Derek

*checks it out*
ill do what i can to help you man
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 1/4/2010 3:08:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!

For everyone: Make sure to familiarize yourselves with the general layout of the wiki and with any guidelines found in the community portal or in the headers of the pages themselves. I've set a few guidelines for the handbook in the community portal, so please take the time to look through them, ask questions and make suggestions.

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 1/4/2010 3:42:57 PM

Derek

my pleasure man ill try to take some time now and then to work on it.. and ill keep an eye out for the things you need help with

i am a bit rusty with the way wiki works but ill look into it
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 1/4/2010 4:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:
my pleasure man ill try to take some time now and then to work on it.. and ill keep an eye out for the things you need help with

i am a bit rusty with the way wiki works but ill look into it

I can generally markup your writeups, just try approach topics in an encyclopedic fashion as much as possible; for example, specifics such as amounts and equipment aren't necessary for most of the wiki writeups, though ratios can be helpful and often necessary.

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 1/11/2010 6:55:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Transcribed directly from the community portal:

Quote:
Tasks for Completion and Edition of The Nexian DMT Handbook

The Handbook Transclusion Project

Most topics covered in the handbook are quite generalized and often demand to be assigned their own pages to go into greater detail. This project is for the purpose of giving these topics their own pages and prepping the most fundamental portions of the page to be transcluded to the handbook. This will reduce clutter in the coding of the handbook and allow for its information to remain consistent and up-to-date with the rest of the wiki. All pages contained therein will be categorized as such under the link above which also contains further elaboration on the details of this project.

* Guidelines for Contributions to the Handbook and its Associated Transcluded Pages
o Articles should be generalized in a somewhat encyclopedic fashion--open-ended and comprehensive.
o Inclusion of personal opinions or predilection and unnecessary specifics--such as specific number amounts (rather, opt for ratios) and specific equipment--should be avoided.
o No procedure should be a tek in itself, but an inclusive and comprehensive representation of all teks and other bodies of knowledge found on the Nexus or related forums.
o If an empty topic contains a link to an uncreated page, all content for that topic should be put on that page, and it will be automatically transcluded to the handbook.

* Articles to-do -> Remember that if an article may appropriately be given its own page, create it and transclude it, rather than adding it directly to the handbook.
o Acid/Base Extraction -> Needs writeup.
o Salting -> Needs more generalized writeup for The FASW Method and The FASIPA Method.
o Potentiation -> Both Pharmahuasca and Jungle Spice need a lot of work in order to be more generalized for a more appropriate function on the wiki. Harmaloids needs an article, as well.
o Washing Spice -> Needs clean up and expansion.
o Leaf Enhancement -> Could use some contribution from some of the resident Changa connoisseurs.
o Vaporization -> Needs updating.
o Appendices -> While not a top priority, could use a hand from some of the more experienced chem-heads in the discussion of DMT N-Oxide, Bufotenine, and 5-MeO-DMT.

While these tasks are for the handbook, the handbook is branching out to include portions of all generalized articles on the wiki. So instead of having a wiki page for "the machine" and a separate section on the handbook dedicated to the same topic, which may or may not correlate with one another, the article has been transcluded to the handbook, so that changes made on the article will automatically show up on the handbook. The same goes for topics like A/B extraction, freeze precipitation, or potentiation.

A similar task is being done with botanicals, so as to more easily catalog DMT-containing botanicals (each botanical is being given its own page, which, for most, will likely remain a transclusion of their particular wikipedia articles). SWIM's also been using the same method for his teks: SWIM's extraction and his freebase conversion have their own separate pages, but the freebase conversion contains two methods with only one being nontoxic. SWIM's extraction is nontoxic, but he wants to include freebase conversion without having to edit two separate pages in the same way every time he makes a change. The nontoxic portion of the freebase conversion has been transcluded to the extraction tek, along with other relevant portions like special thanks and material preparation (but only part of it). SWIM's also cataloging all of his teks into his own handbook by the same method.

The advantage of transclusion is that it saves space, reduces clutter and helps to unify and somewhat automate many aspects of the wiki in much the same manner as templates.

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 1/11/2010 7:00:46 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Your doing a wonderful job with the Wiki amor_fati. I saw you did LOADS of work in it and I really appreciate it.

What we also need to do is find all proven teks that aren't yet on the Wiki so we can put them there. If anyone knows a proven tek that isn't yet on the Wiki, please let it know in this thread so we can include it on the Wiki.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 1/11/2010 8:22:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Traveller, is there any way to embed wiki pages or allow for wiki transclusion within forum posts (both ways preferably)? It would be a good way to merge wiki content with the forums and also showcase work on the wiki in a more open and candid fashion than simple linking. My thoughts on the advantages of this are that, for example, someone could author a slick looking tek on the wiki, embed it in an OP and the subsequent discussion would be directly regarding that article and could possibly be set up to allow block quotes from the content of the wiki article. It would also beautify the forums a bit more and allow for centralized editing and updating of teks contained in the OP.

This could be done in scroll-boxes or something so as to not crowd the thread (maybe the size of the scroll-box could be automatically determined by the largest size of box or picture in the article?).

I love the linked word thing on the forum (as with SWIM), and I think that this could probably be expanded to topics like the machine or freeze precipitation (or freeze-precip or other variations, as well) or practically any plant in the botanicals list.

amor_fati
#9 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:38:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman wrote:
Im not really sure how this works, although I have alot of technical data to contribute. I shall do my best to do so over the next few weeks. I would really like someone to edit my work however. I do have severe burnout syndrome and tend to make a lot of grammatical errors. However as far as the technical aspects go, I feel I have a ton to contribute. Peace and Godspeed!

Sounds great! It's actually easier for me to edit than to come up with completely original researched material most of the time, so feel free to contribute.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 3/10/2010 4:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I improved the layout of the wiki's ComPort, embedded it in the OP (it's rather scrunched in here but looks better in the actual wiki), and am designating this thread as the wiki workthread. Any questions about contributing to the wiki or suggestions can be posted here.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 3/23/2010 4:54:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fati, I would like to add the harmala extraction guide in the wiki but I dont really know how to.. For example if I go to the allies and associated alkaloids page, which is where I guess it should be, and then I click on the top tab 'edit', it only contains the title .. I know there must be some easy way, can you help this wiki-ignorant person here please? Smile

Also the whole code thing kinda prevents me from adding things to the wiki, because I would have to be editing and checking the codes of other already-made pages to learn, and these days I dont have much time... How is it, to, say, get from the extraction guide, with the pictures and everything, and put it in wiki format ? How much editing does it require, or is it basically copy-pasting with some details?

thanks Smile

۩
#12 Posted : 3/23/2010 5:23:37 PM

Why was the resin tek removed from the extractions section of the wiki?

Edit: The Traveler helped me understand category tags, and it has been fixed. Thanks!

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 3/23/2010 9:25:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
fati, I would like to add the harmala extraction guide in the wiki but I dont really know how to.. For example if I go to the allies and associated alkaloids page, which is where I guess it should be, and then I click on the top tab 'edit', it only contains the title ..

If you edit a category, you're merely editing the content of that page, not including the links to pages categorized there, as pages are assigned categories directly from each individual page (usually toward the bottom) and are automatically included in a list at the bottom of that category's page.

Now, creating a page can be accomplished with one of two methods: Preferrably, you add it to the new page list on the community portal displayed in the OP of this thread like so:
Quote:
*(the asterick creates a bullet) [[Page Name]] -> brief caption of intended page contents, possibly including a [url link] for reference.

with this, you have designated the need for that particular article to be written and can come back to it later or someone else can start it for you. If you like, you can edit the entire list and place it under a suitable list, like "Teks."

From here, you can either click the link you created with the [[page name]] to create the page by adding content (initially by transcribing a writeup if possible), or you can use the text fields at the top of the comport by typing the name of the page and clicking the button. If you go the latter route, there may be a few items automatically added that will guide you in writing the article (such as designated spots for categorization and whatnot).

Quote:
Also the whole code thing kinda prevents me from adding things to the wiki, because I would have to be editing and checking the codes of other already-made pages to learn, and these days I dont have much time... How is it, to, say, get from the extraction guide, with the pictures and everything, and put it in wiki format ? How much editing does it require, or is it basically copy-pasting with some details?

It's mostly copying and pasting. If you see a page with something you like, copy the code that seems to make that happen and proceed to edit and preview to see how it works on your article. You'll have to upload the photos separately and and add them to the tek with code like this:
Quote:
[[Image:name of image]] designating size like this [[Image:Limtek_2.JPG|thumb|320px]] and simply adding in items like |center to center the image or |writing a caption, so [[Image:Limtek_2.JPG|thumb|320px|center|this is the caption]]

It becomes second nature after copying and pasting it enough times.

idtravlr
#14 Posted : 4/1/2010 6:29:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have put the entire "q21q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B tek" up in the A/B section of the wiki. It's mostly a copy and paste, with a few enhancements, so it can certainly benefit from the input of others. If you are using this tek, or are familiar with this tek, please try and use and/or review the wiki page. For simplicity and reduction in redundancy we should be updating and cleaning up the tek on the wiki page, as opposed to continually modifying the original thread. This will serve to benefit us all!

Thanks to amor_fati for this wiki work thread, and thanks to q21q21 for keeping me updated with the evolution of the tek. We all need to continue to pitch in to the wiki to make the most of this valuable resource.

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

endlessness
#15 Posted : 4/1/2010 10:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice Smile the more the better!

I added the syrian rue extraction guide, but it still needs plenty of editing (like adding bold letters in the important parts like in the guide, or making the format better), as well as adding the pictures which is gonna be a bunch of work.

also, I would like the change the name of the page but dont know how, can you help me with that, fati? I think it should be called Harmalas Extraction and Separation Guide..

I wish wiki was easier to import stuff.. I love that it exists but I find the coding to be a pain in the ass Sad

so if anybody wants to work a bit on that wiki page, please go ahead.. otherwise it might take a little while but at some point Ill do it

amor_fati
#16 Posted : 4/1/2010 2:39:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^I can do it, but for reference, just use the move button to move it to a different namespace.

Also, go ahead an upload the photos for it, and I'll start you off with putting them in the tek.

endlessness
#17 Posted : 4/4/2010 2:42:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome fati!

so I just uploaded the pics

amor_fati
#18 Posted : 4/13/2010 5:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness
#19 Posted : 4/13/2010 8:42:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome fati thanks a lot you rock! Very happy

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 5/25/2018 5:21:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Having just posted here:
Quote:
Bumping this old thread as I'd like to edit some things but there's a problem with the "keycaptcha" verification system. It's not passing on a permission ticket when the task is completed so another keycaptcha task gets presented, ad infinitum.

Presumably this can be fixed with a simple bit of scriptwork (for those that can). Either that, or the free version has expired its trial period and no longer wants to play nicely Sad

it seems pertinent to ask - just who has permissions for maintenance of the wiki these days? If amor_fati was in charge, they haven't been seen here for the best part of a year now.

Many of us would be pleased to see this issue worked out.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT