We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Body as a means of communication Options

Czepa
#21 Posted : 4/13/2010 6:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wiru wrote:
The idea is that our bodies act just as a means of communication for the mind, or consciousness.

It's not about physical communication as we know it. I'm talking about the body being a tool for the spirit (or mind, or consciousness, whatever you call it). Just as we use tools to aid us in doing everyday tasks, the mind uses body as a tool for communication, to join all it's pieces together.
Maybe we choose to physically manifest, to learn and develop spiritually. Consciousness could be (plasmatic magnetic?) energy of the universe stabilizing entropy. that's just my recent opinion.

wiru wrote:
So many people are obsessed with material values and body that they don't even try to ask what is the real purpose of their bodies. I'm not judging such thought and all the consequences resulting of such thinking. I'm trying to see under the physical appearance and beyond all the mundane actions to understand what life really is.
That seems to be my approach also. at times life can seem pointless. there has been an inconceivably large amount of time before my birth and there will likely be an infinite amount of time after my death. So at times i feel like absolutely nothing, if the obvious physical reality is all there is to existence. there must be more and that's why i choose to explore.

wiru wrote:
Would you share the concept of love? Would you do the same with hate? And why? Sure, people do have ideas and experiences of all kinds. Some of these are valuable, others not. How is this value determined and what does it mean to our understanding of life itself? The former idea implies that valuable ones are the ones which join the mind and contribute to it as a whole. The ones that separate it and serve the ego carry no value at all.
that's part of my reasoning of why consciousness could be light through darkness, a key to the source of everything, one-ness in a universe of entropy. life really is so special, as you said before many people don't see this. they live in survival mode. completely in the physical, with everything based upon their ego.

wiru wrote:
We go about our lives forgetting what it means to live at all. The concept of sharing may seem unpractical in the modern world, but it is exactly the opposite! Every thought and action can be experienced as joining our minds by sharing and putting it into practice or it can maintain the illusion of separateness by one's decision to keep it to oneself and trying to protect or hide it.
That's why i reckon the Mayans had a lot of things right.

Mayan long count calendar Please, if you haven't bothered to research anything behind its meaning look HERE.
9 Levels of a Mayan temple [The elevation of consciousness] which is explained HERE
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#22 Posted : 4/13/2010 8:56:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Why is there any problem with this? I don't think we're even capable of getting full answers for everything. Not in a lifetime at least. This is of course the basis for all kinds of beliefs. Telling others about it is an exchange of ideas and beliefs, which I see as a very positive trend. Problems arise when this harmless exchange morphs into zealous efforts to manipulate everyone into believing something against their will.

There is nothing wrong with speculation.

There is something wrong with claiming you have the answers to things when you really don't. Many people do this. Just listen to any lecture by Deepak Chopra or Timothy Leary or any of these other kinds of people. Half of what they say is BS. These people inspire millions of other people to buy into their BS. It is creating problems.

Chopra runs "quantum" healing facilities which essentially is just ripping people off. So are his shitty books. Is that harmful directly? Not really. But it could cause people who have a serious illness to go to him instead of a real doctor and thus get them killed.

Leary confused shit loads of people probably even ruined some peoples lives by inspiring them to quit their jobs and seek enlightnment in pill form. There are plenty of "casualties" from that era.

This are only 2 examples. I can think of more examples of why the irrational beliefs coming out of psychedelic culture are harmful. Don't have time now.

PREV12