We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First extraction and freeze precip Options

Xtal
#1 Posted : 3/31/2010 11:12:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everything this user types is a lie.

"Time is a river winding steadily through the landscape of tomorrow. There are those who would steal a glimpse around the next bend and those who would fight the current. But the wisest are those who turn their eyes from the waters and seek out a fellow traveler to share in the journey."

Any first person pronouns refer to SWIM.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ragabr
#2 Posted : 3/31/2010 11:18:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking good...
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Xtal
#3 Posted : 3/31/2010 11:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Time is a river winding steadily through the landscape of tomorrow. There are those who would steal a glimpse around the next bend and those who would fight the current. But the wisest are those who turn their eyes from the waters and seek out a fellow traveler to share in the journey."

#4 Posted : 4/1/2010 12:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When my great-grandfather does his old skool A/B tek, the freeze precip usually takes 12 - 24 hours. And my great-grandmother always used to tell him, "go to sleep, and when you wake up, marvel at the snowglobe."

"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Xtal
#5 Posted : 4/1/2010 12:05:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr
#6 Posted : 4/1/2010 1:46:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That shall work more than well; SWIM always uses her unbleached coffee filters and mason jar combo. Have fun!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Pandora
#7 Posted : 4/1/2010 1:53:24 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi there Xtal,

Congratulations on your first extraction!

In my limited experience, the baster method sucks. I like to use a syringe and an eye dropper. I am looking into trying to get a glass pipette . . .

What brand of naptha did you use?

The cloudiness is a very good sign and noticeable precipitation after 4 hours is ideal. Respectfully, though, I would recommend you leave it sealed in the freezer for a full 24 hours. If you absolutely cannot wait, give it at least 12. When the time is up, place a coffee filter over a container large enough to catch/hold all the naptha and then decant the naptha over the filter. The filter will catch the loose DMT crystals and the remainder will cling to the walls of your container. Now, set the container out to dry alongside the filter. When dry, use a knife and/or razor to scrape the crystals off. These can be spread out on a pyrex dish and periodically chopped and re-spread until fully dry. Your final product should not smell at all like solvent. Light floral scent from freebase is what I get when I pull with naptha.

Yes, definately do another pull, maybe even another three . . . keep going until the MHRB is exhausted. Very happy

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Xtal
#8 Posted : 4/1/2010 2:43:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora
#9 Posted : 4/1/2010 3:16:39 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Xtal,

You are good to go with Ronsonol. Yellow color probably means plant fats or oxides or somesuch . . . others are much more qualified to comment on this than I. Sounds like everything is on track . . .

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Xtal
#10 Posted : 4/1/2010 6:06:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Xtal
#11 Posted : 4/3/2010 7:34:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Xtal
#12 Posted : 4/4/2010 3:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

digglover
#13 Posted : 4/4/2010 3:54:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Xtal wrote:
Ughhh... yet again, the third and fourth pulls have yielded NOTHING. Nada, zip, nil, squat. Not even a crappy crystal of DMT oxide. What am I doing wrong? I left all the naptha from the pulls to freeze precipitate for more than 12 hours, then nothing. I'm sure that at least I haven't screwed on on the tek... everything seemed to go in order... could it be the bark?

Hmmm... How cold is your freezer? Vovin's Tek recommends around -20C or -4F.
Perhaps its just clouding up, but no crystals are precipitating? This happened my first time (Granted, my naptha was clear).
I am a creative writing student. All my writing on this forum is for an assignment on postmodern storytelling. Please give me constructive feedback.

Xtal
#14 Posted : 4/4/2010 4:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed
#15 Posted : 4/4/2010 8:34:32 PM

Barry

STB, no fuss and great results! Thats my advice.

Xtal
#16 Posted : 4/7/2010 11:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member