We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nomans tek - need a clarification. Options

OutThisLife
#1 Posted : 4/5/2010 9:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Now add 1mL naptha per gram of bark in the mixing jar and turn the jar end over end. Do not shake or splash or there will be a tendency for the solution to form an emulsion. Simply roll the naptha around in the bark solution. Do this for one minute and then let the jar stand until the naptha has pretty much separated to the top.
Repeat agitation three more times.

Does this mean that I pour naphtha 3 more times or roll 3 more times? I saw pictures of other jars and saw that there was a lot more naphtha than I had, so I assume it's the former.

Thanks.
http://socyl.net Anonymous scientific and spiritual discovery.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ghostman
#2 Posted : 4/5/2010 9:35:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

once the solvent is in, agitate it often, turning it end-over. Do this over a period of a few hours or even over night. Give it the end-over treatment every time you walk past it ;-) then leave it to rest and split forming a very clear line between the base soup and the solvent layer. Remove the Solvent layer.

This entire process is called a 'pull' and is done 3 times.

Leave your first 2 pulls to each sit for a couple of hours, let your 3rd pull sit overnight.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

OutThisLife
#3 Posted : 4/5/2010 9:40:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ghostman wrote:
once the solvent is in, agitate it often, turning it end-over. Do this over a period of a few hours or even over night. Give it the end-over treatment every time you walk past it ;-) then leave it to rest and split forming a very clear line between the base soup and the solvent layer. Remove the Solvent layer.

This entire process is called a 'pull' and is done 3 times.

Leave your first 2 pulls to each sit for a couple of hours, let your 3rd pull sit overnight.

Okay. So just a one-time naphtha? But how? Our first attempt was doing that, but there wasn't much naphtha to 'pull'.

Our second attempt was adding more naphtha and letting it sit longer. We pulled the naphtha into our jars and then repeated. I'm guessing both are wrong :-P

ghostman
#4 Posted : 4/5/2010 10:00:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, listen, read the Tek and other Teks and think about it.

If you are working with 100g MHRB then for your first pull you put in 100ml Solvent. You jiggle it and swirl it around for a few hours, then you take it off and put it in a jam jar. Then you do that again with another 100ml Solvent. You jiggle it, swirl it, talk sweetly to it for a few hours and then take it off, add it to the jam jar with the 1st pull in it.

Then you cover this jam jar with pulls 1 + 2 in it, cover it and put it in the freezer.

In the meantime, you have put another 100ml solvent into the soup, jiggled it, swirled it and talked to it nicely and you leave it over night. In the morning when you wake up to jiggle and swirl pull number 3, you'll look into the freezer and see little snow-flakes at the bottom of the jam jar.

OutThisLife
#5 Posted : 4/5/2010 10:08:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*sigh* okay.

We did it right the first time, just didn't have enough water -_-;;

This is annoying. My jars in the freezer right now have stuff in them, but when we pour them onto the filter theres nothing there. I'm guessing it's just dissolving? Any solution, or just re-try?

I put it back in the freezer, and the DMT is back there lol >.<

Should I just let it, slowly, cool off?

ghostman
#6 Posted : 4/5/2010 10:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How long are you leaving it in the freezer for?

It should sit in the freezer for going on 48 hours. If you have used more than the prescribed amount of solvent then it might not be saturated enough to precipitate out, in which case let it evaporate by 1/2 and then freeze it.

1) put put jar in freezer
2) take jar out of freezer, marvel at jar
3) scrape spice clear
4) pour through funnel
5) marvel at spice

OutThisLife
#7 Posted : 4/6/2010 3:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ghostman wrote:

It should sit in the freezer for going on 48 hours. If you have used more than the prescribed amount of solvent then it might not be saturated enough to precipitate out, in which case let it evaporate by 1/2 and then freeze it.

3) scrape spice clear
4) pour through funnel
5) marvel at spice

This last time I did it, I poured through and there was nothing to be seen. Will it appear? The first time it was very obvious.

ghostman
#8 Posted : 4/6/2010 7:20:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OutThisLife wrote:
ghostman wrote:

3) scrape spice clear
4) pour through funnel
5) marvel at spice

This last time I did it, I poured through and there was nothing to be seen. Will it appear? The first time it was very obvious.

Sorry dude, there were supposed to be pics attached to my last post. Please see this thread here for filtering pictures:

https://dmt-nexus.me/for...&m=129080#post129080

You should see the crystals at the bottom of the jar when you take them out of the freezer. Do not let the solvent heat up again and work quickly to prevent the crystals from melting back in. Don't rush, you've got time, just don't go fof lunch or anything like that.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 4/6/2010 9:56:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would strongly suggest to follow this tip:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ystals_after_freezing.3F

worked every time for SWIM

OutThisLife
#10 Posted : 4/7/2010 7:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks.

1) Pour 1680ml of water into a mixing jar
2) 3.7 (15g*3.7) tablespoons of Lye into the water
3) Add bark, shake and let it soak for an hour and a half.
4) Add 56ml Naphtha in the jar
5) Flip the jar upside down until the Naphtha separates.
6) Repeat #5 three times.
7) Siphon the Naphtha layer into a collection jar.
Cool Repeat 4-7 three more times.
9) Let the jars sit for over 24 hours
10) Pour the Naphtha through a coffee filter and let dry.
11) Once thoroughly dry, pour non-sudsy ammonia wash over the powder.

5-6) Do I just flip it, or do I roll it around too?
Cool Do I add more Naphtha, or am I just rolling/flipping it around again?
11) Do I skip this part?

endlessness
#11 Posted : 4/7/2010 7:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that fking ammonia wash still haunting us, seriously.. where did you read this, got a link?

FORGET THE AMMONIA WASH! it is innefective in cleaning and makes you lose part of your yield.. skip that... If you want to wash, do a sodium carbonate wash BEFORE freezing, when the dmt is still in the non-polar solvent.. so basically make a solution with some sodium carbonate, and mix with your solvent, separate, discard the water/carbonate layer and then freeze

btw, how much bark is it youre playing with?

also I dont understand what you mean with 'flip the jar upside down until layers separate' ? the layers wont separate if you keep flipping the jar upside down haha.. you stir/turn upside down a few times, let it separate, do this again, let separate again, and repeat a few times, and then pull the solvent out

OutThisLife
#12 Posted : 4/7/2010 7:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, thanks. That's what I thought about the wash.

We're playing with a small 50g [well, 56] right now, pre-powdered - thus the amount of water. The separation for the layers, after the rolling/flipping is pretty fast, right? Few minutes maybe less?

I'm just reading this at the Nomans tek here on dmt-nexus.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 4/7/2010 7:49:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here where? can you give me a link? is the wiki one? we seriously need to edit this wash out, urgently... its only problems

the separation can go really fast, from a minute to an hour, depending on how thick your solution is, and how much lye you added... its possible an emulsion forms, specially if you shake it instead of mixing more softly.. in which case, add more lye and/or pure salt, and emulsion will break

I think 50ml of naphtha is way too much for 50g bark.. when SWIM still extracted with naphtha, he used 150ml for 400g bark... so this would be equivalent of you using 20ml or smt... Its better to make smaller and warm pulls, because then you can stick them straight in the freezer.. just make more pulls (like 6 or smt) if you make bigger pulls, your naphtha wont be saturated enough and very little to none will precipitate, unless you evaporate it down, which is a waste.

good luck

Touche Guevara
#14 Posted : 4/7/2010 7:52:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OutThisLife
#15 Posted : 4/7/2010 8:12:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
here where? can you give me a link? is the wiki one? we seriously need to edit this wash out, urgently... its only problems

the separation can go really fast, from a minute to an hour, depending on how thick your solution is, and how much lye you added... its possible an emulsion forms, specially if you shake it instead of mixing more softly.. in which case, add more lye and/or pure salt, and emulsion will break

I think 50ml of naphtha is way too much for 50g bark.. when SWIM still extracted with naphtha, he used 150g for 400g bark... so this would be equivalent of you using 20ml or smt... Its better to make smaller and warm pulls, because then you can stick them straight in the freezer.. just make more pulls (like 6 or smt) if you make bigger pulls, your naphtha wont be saturated enough and very little to none will precipitate, unless you evaporate it down, which is a waste.

good luck

Thank you Smile

I've got this sketched out:

1) Pour 1680ml of water into a mixing jar (pre-powdered 56g)
2) 3.7 (15g*3.7) tablespoons of Lye into the water
3) Add bark, shake and let it soak for an hour and a half.
4) Add 21ml Naphtha in the jar
5) Flip the jar and gently roll it around, let it sit until layers separate (could take a minute to an hour!)
6) Repeat #5 three times.
7) Siphon the Naphtha layer into a collection jar.
Cool Repeat 4-7 three more times.
9) Let the jars sit for over 24 hours
10) Pour the Naphtha through a coffee filter and let dry.

Is everything alright?