We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First Caapi experience very uncomfortable Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 3/15/2010 11:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You always need to be careful when drawing a conclusion from any study. You need to know how the study is performed. Remember, even water is shown to cause brain damage in rats fed water continuously.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#22 Posted : 3/15/2010 11:33:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hmm..i have some rue alkaloids from manske I will try them one day sublingually to see how they compare to caapi..I have been wanting to take some before i smoke bufotenine as well one day.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#23 Posted : 3/15/2010 11:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The study I saw that showed harmaline was neurotoxic in rats also found ibogaine to be neurotoxic in the exact same way. But the rats had very large doses, larger than any person would ingest to activate DMT.

I am not a rat. Keep in mind that chocolate can kill a dog. I eat chocolate all the time, and I’m still very happily alive.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#24 Posted : 3/15/2010 11:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah thats the problem with rat testing..im not a rat either.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#25 Posted : 3/16/2010 12:02:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also note that ZINC is shown to be NEUROTOXIC in rats. But you need zinc to be healthy. So don’t suddenly stop having zinc in your diet just because of some lab test somewhere. Lab tests mean little until you known the true meaning of the lab test. Pretty much everything is toxic if enough is taken.

A good example of this, a very small dose of LSD can kill an elephant. The LD50 for LSD is 46 mg/kg in mice, 16.5 mg/kg in rats, 0.3 mg/kg in rabbits and 0.1 mg/kg in elephants. That’s a huge 460 fold variance in toxicity. 16.5 mg/kg in rats amounts to about 1155 mg for a 70 kilogram adult human. 0.1 mg/kg for an elephant amounts to about 7 mg for a 70 kilogram adult human. Many people have taken more than 7 mg of LSD and lived. If people relied on animal tests to asses toxicity and only tested the elephant, they’d probably never consider trying LSD. Leary talks of someone taking as much as 30 mg of LSD in one shot and he was fine! That's 4.25 times the LD50 for an elephant!

Pokey
#26 Posted : 3/16/2010 12:19:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:

You never know how much it takes for the first time. SWIM had to gradually increase the dose from 50 g to staggering 600 g. Well, later she came back to more reasonable 200 - 250 g for Caapi alone experience. With 20 g being active for you, you are lucky.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I wasn't sure if I could hold it together enough to deal with other people on 16 grams.... I'm quite sure 600 would have been a disaster!

Pokey

mumbles
#27 Posted : 3/18/2010 12:30:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It might be worth extracting the actives and then measuring your doses and stepping it up a little each time, dissolving the powder in juice or whatever. Plant material can vary quite a bit so this way you will know exactly how much you have taken and from judging the effects you can adjust that to a comfortable level.

Pokey
#28 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:35:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
It might be worth extracting the actives and then measuring your doses and stepping it up a little each time, dissolving the powder in juice or whatever. Plant material can vary quite a bit so this way you will know exactly how much you have taken and from judging the effects you can adjust that to a comfortable level.

That is excellent advice. I'm a little nervous about drinking the jar I have left. Definitely going to be more prepared and also respect the sediment.

Pokey

obliguhl
#29 Posted : 3/27/2010 10:09:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To update this thread:

I still felt sick the day after, but it was bearable. 2 days after the experience I was almost back to normal. At day 3 everything was gone. 30g is too much for me. But I had this dream, you know....

I had the chance to drink pharmahuasca at the exact moment of a supernova brightening the night sky and I was told that I could melt into that supernova and that I was giving up a once in a lifetime chance.

Then during a vaped experience, a beeing who felt like god told me to drink ayahuasca/pharmahuasca.

So I was thinking 10g caapi + 20mg fasi fumarate (to honor psychosisdosis and sporks intense experiences at just littler higher doses.) If this proves to be weak, there's always the option of additional vaping, no?

obliguhl
#30 Posted : 4/3/2010 2:45:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just drank a strong cup of yerba mate, and it seemed to bring on SOME of the effects I had this day...I consumed a little mate prior to drinking ayahuasca...so mate might hae played into that state.

idtravlr
#31 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:52:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
I just drank a strong cup of yerba mate, and it seemed to bring on SOME of the effects I had this day...I consumed a little mate prior to drinking ayahuasca...so mate might hae played into that state.

Yeah - Yerba mate is pretty complex (as I'm sure you know). I don't believe that it contains tyramine specifically, but it's very possible that the body could convert some of it's alkaloids and / or compounds into tyramine, or other MAOI no-no's. Just speculating here.

I'm glad you're feeling better man! I'm just getting to reading this thread.

The other day I made of tea of 25g caapi and 1500ml of distilled water with lemon juice, boiled down three time's over about 2 hours, and had mildly psychedelic sensations. Clearly active, but nothing notably remarkable.

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

obliguhl
#32 Posted : 4/3/2010 6:05:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I've read that mate is more than just clorophylle and caffeeine. I'm definatly getting a body high from it and I flush. I've checked before and found out that mate is actually used as an admixture to aya brews, like its cousin guayusa. It's like the aya amplified the negative effects i seem to get from mate.

I'll still try only 10g the next time. Glad you were having a good one with 25g Smile

Dorge
#33 Posted : 4/4/2010 4:37:22 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

fractal enchantment wrote:
Dont be afraid of it..ayahuasca will never really hurt you..

Im entirely not sold on that...

SWIM had some friends who went down to the amazon and this fellow had a psychotic break and gutted himself in the river because he thought he had a snake inside his stomach. coarse we could say that happened because of a lot of things... but that was surely the trigger... SWIMS beenthere it cansurely make you feel psychotic at times.

another reason why i dont like high levels of harmaline...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

PREV12