We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufo Freebase Question - Lime? Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 3/1/2010 5:26:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The extraction teks I've read all use sodium carbonate as a base. Would it be OK to substitute Calcium Hydroxide (pickling lime) for the sodium carbonate? Just asking in case one has an excess of Ca(OH)2 on hand, and no Sodium Carbonate.

Thanks & Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 4/4/2010 8:59:54 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

no
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

idtravlr
#3 Posted : 4/4/2010 9:02:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
no

Cuz it's too strong and breaks down the bufo?
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 4/4/2010 9:03:49 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yes - quick answers caus this particular question has been answered many many times here.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 4/4/2010 9:14:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
yes - quick answers caus this particular question has been answered many many times here.

Yes. My bad. I posted that back in Feb. and I had recently come across the answer post postdom. Hence why I new the short & skinny to your "NO" Embarrased

Peace,
-idt

-Terence McKenna

69ron
#6 Posted : 4/4/2010 9:39:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to use calcium hydroxide, make sure you check the pH. DO NOT let it go above pH 9.5 to be safe.

Native snuff made by shamans is usually about pH 9.5. The reason they don't go higher is because they use some form of calcium hydroxide normally when making snuff (like shell ash).

SWIM's tests show that hydroxides can damage alkaloids like psilocin and bufotenine which have fragile hydroxyl groups that are attacked by hydroxides like calcium hydroxide. If the pH of bufotenine is taken too high with calcium hydroxide, it will first form Ca+ -5-O-DMT, and then it will eventually produce dehydrobufotenine. That's the theory anyway.

In practice, if you leave bufotenine in concentrated calcium hydroxide for 24 hours, it renders the bufotenine inactive. Not so if sodium carbonate is used. Even concentrated sodium carbonate at pH 11.4 is fine with bufotenine. But pH 11.4 with calcium hydroxide will destroy the molecule after a while. It's believed by Alexander Shulgin that dehydrobufotenine is created by subjecting bufotenine to high pH values. SWIM's tests show that a strong hydroxide base is required for this, not simply a high pH value, because calcium hydroxide destroys bufotenine even at pH 11.4, while sodium carbonate does not. At pH 9.5, bufotenine seems relatively stable with calcium hydroxide, but SWIM has not tested that pH for extended periods of time.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.