We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why? Options

delphine
#1 Posted : 2/8/2007 1:25:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've excerpted the below from a post I made in General Discussions which has not yet had any replies, think it might be better to start a new thread on this topic of why we have these experiences on DMT. Ideas, anyone? - delphine There was an interesting discussion about DMT at a physics forum, and although the posters were obviously very smart and articulate, they were not able to answer the question of why they had those experiences. Most of it was scientific rambling about the chemical aspects. But one poster expressed the need to know WHY. I've pasted in his post below. How would you answer him? http://physicsforums.com...tml%3Cbr%20/t-24697.html funny. all this chemical talk, but no one answered the simple question of, WHY. chemicals do this and do that, but why do i see these wild beings, why are experiences different in each person. why why why, and just typing about chemical interactions during altered states of consciousness, doesnt answer the question of simply, why am i seeing elves, gods, spirits, whatever it may be. chemicals equals side a. what happens within the body during these altered states and apparently, which chemicals trigger such a state. now we have side b. this is the why. there is no one ive read about or talked to via, personal, or internet, that can tell me the WHY. not testing anyone, because i dont know why and im not arguing against the significance of the chemical reactions within us during altered states, but some of the post above made it seem like they were explaining the why, when they were really just explaining the chemical reactions within the body and how it happened. not why it lead to me talking to my dead grandmother or a tree elf!
"To dance is to live----to live is to dance!" --Snoopy, Peanuts comic strip

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

quantumbrujo
#2 Posted : 2/8/2007 6:16:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Although many of us do it anyway,I don't think DMT was meant to be smoked in it's freebase form.After one good hit you are blasted out of reality so fast and brought to all these other realities so fast that the experience doesn't seem to have a purpous and you are just shown elfland and whatever else too fast to make any use of the experience.What is happening is that the DMT is like an interdimentional vehicle with the brakes broken at full throttle.If you are a shaman and have been doing ayahuasca most of your life you learn how to navigate these realms and can therefore use the brew as a tool to do your shamanic things like getting answers to questions,and healing ailments,foreseeing the future ,or remote viewing.The visions have meaning to the shaman and he knows how to interpret them.So why do we see all these entities and strange lands you ask?because that's what you asked for without knowing how to navigate the spirit world and you bit off more than you can chew.Hell I don't think even a shaman could make any use of smoked DMT freebase.Too much too fast.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

delphine
#3 Posted : 2/9/2007 1:15:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I've never smoked freebase DMT, dunno if I am up for that actually. At various times I've done acid, mushrooms, and lately, low dose acacia brew, No hallucinations to speak of but I've managed to have fun. However, I did have an altered-state experience one time about ten years ago, although I hadn't taken any DMT or other psychedelic substance. But I had been doing a lot of reading of the Pleiadians channelings of Barbara Marciniak, (I've posted a few quotes from them in the "Channeled Insights Into Psychedelics" thread). Perhaps that helped open me up to the experience. I was walking home toward evening, at the time I was living close by a medical center, a tall building, and I noted that someone had covered it with what looked like paintings of large, strange and fabulous faces, with strikingly impish expressions. I thought to myself that perhaps the building was going to be painted in a solid color and someone had decided to play with the surface before doing so. I wish now I had taken more time to examine those faces, they were so unusual and interesting. In any case, the very next day, they were gone and the building was back to its boring off-white self. I realized it had to be an altered-state experience; it was very unlikely that those intricate, fantastic faces covering the building had been painted there in one day and just as quickly removed the next. Not your ordinary graffiti. Anyway, I just shared that to illustrate that we don't need to freebase DMT, or to be doing any drug at all, in order to have such experiences. So...why, wherefore, wherefrom, etc.? Very happy

delphine
#4 Posted : 2/13/2007 4:12:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Answering my own question...from an essay I wrote: Writes Rick Strassman in his book DMT, The Spirit Molecule: “The other planes of existence are always there … but we cannot perceive them because we are not designed to do so; our hard-wiring keeps us tuned in to Channel Normal.” Rather than seeing these other planes as pure hallucination, Strassman accepts them as realities that we tune in to when in these altered states. And synchronously, I came upon a thread about this very thing at DMT Tribe, and found the link to this enlightening blog post titled "Galleons of the Mind": http://www.earthrites.or...ndipity%5BsearchTerm%5D= GALLEONS+OF+THE+MIND I had an epiphany yesterday. It was astounding for me, though it may be amusing to you... I was recalling that when Columbus had sailed into his first harbor, the peoples of Turtle Island did not see/recognize the ships sitting at anchor just off the beach. This phenomena was repeated in Mexico, and if memory serves me right, in the Pacific as well when Captain Cook sailed into Hawaii. When asked later what they saw, the residents of the islands said, "I saw clouds on the water" or some variation on that. This is astounding really, but it points out something that I feel is happening on a constant basis to humans. Why am I on to this? Yesterday I walked past a ladder for 3 hours without recognizing it. It had been brought into the house where I am working for me, but it didn't register. In some viewpoints, I was "asleep" to its presence, but wait there is more. It doesn't look like a regular ladder, it is a ladder and platform hybrid, not at all what I was expecting to be brought in. This one did not fit my expectations. Therefore, to my eyes it was not there. Now, this is where the epiphany comes in. I am going to throw out a couple of statements about what I understand is common knowledge to those interested in light, and the formation of the universe. From what I have read and I think understood, humans see only 5% of visible light. The universe is largely composed of something called, "dark matter" which we cannot see or really detect at this point except by devices that measure gravitational effects. Okay, we are blind as mole rats to the greater part of the universe. We would be denied a drivers' license for venturing out into "the void", we would be entitled to a special bus pass, and more than likely, our language is a variation on universal braille. We are out of touch with one of the basic elements of the universe, only stumbling upon it by accident, when it has been here all the time. So, using these examples, I posit a few possibilities. There are Galleons filled with Aliens sailing past us. We walk past magnicent edifices, buildings, forums, and they are invisible to us being made of dark matter. There is a vast city stretching to infinity filled with wonders that we are only, only dimly aware of through our dreams, and through our venturing there with meditation, and the use of psychedelics. All the reports of luminous beings, faeries, spaceships, ufos, cities in the sky are based on something true, when our blinders slipped. It has been said our blindness is matched by our lack of using our brain. Only 5% seems to used at any one time. We are submerged and are part of other beings, passing through us, by us. Some of them recognize us, some even take interest in us. Mostly they are benign, some are not. on occasion, they interact with us, using extreme measures to get the blind beings attention. We actually have a fairly wide literature about this, as well as a deep reservoir of atavistic memories across the world... Fairy Tales, Holy Books, Sacred Stories, Ghost Stories, Hauntings all might indeed be the footprints left by voyagers who have come and gone from our dimension. We are blind, I am blind. There is a raging Universe of Beauty around and within us. There are really no ?boundaries that delineate us from our world. All these boundaries are artificial. We are consumed by a chimera of conceit, we the "Masters" of our world. We dimly perceive the distant ships whilst bemushroomed, or in the sea of bliss that we find our selves in whilst trypping... we assure each other that these are only products of our mind, and has no real bearing except in some disjointed, Jungian dream artifice... So this is what I had come to me, it took but one ladder, and a rainy morning to bring it forth.

quantumbrujo
#5 Posted : 2/13/2007 4:26:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice write-up Delphine,makes perfect sense.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

litrium
#6 Posted : 2/14/2007 6:14:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Another researcher that seems to see it that way is Quantum physicist David Bohm, I don't understand alot of his more complex stuff but this article seems to correlate with what you wrote Delphine: http://www.bizcharts.com...sol/plenum/plenum_3.html Some Excerpts: [quote:415def3cca]The theory of the Implicate Order contains an ultraholistic cosmic view; it connects everything with everything else. In principle, any individual element could reveal "detailed information about every other element in the universe." The central underlying theme of Bohm's theory is the "unbroken wholeness of the totality of existence as an undivided flowing movement without borders."[/quote:415def3cca] [quote:415def3cca]Bohm believes that this "hiddeness" may be reflective of a deeper dimension of reality. He maintains that space and time might actually be derived from an even deeper level of objective reality. This reality he calls the Implicate Order. Within the Implicate Order everything is connected; and, in theory, any individual element could reveal information about every other element in the universe.[/quote:415def3cca] [quote:415def3cca]Bohm believes that *the Implicate Order has to be extended into a multidimensional reality;* in other words, the holomovement endlessly enfolds and unfolds into infinite dimensionality. Within this milieu there are independent sub-totalities (such as physical elements and human entities) with relative autonomy. The layers of the Implicate Order can go deeper and deeper to the ultimately unknown. It is this "unknown and undescribable totality" that Bohm calls the holomovement. The holomovement is the "fundamental ground of all matter."[/quote:415def3cca]

delphine
#7 Posted : 2/14/2007 7:17:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you litrium, yes, I've read of Bohm's theories before, was good to review those concepts. So perhaps some of those visions we have when on psychedelics are of the holomovement--the ultimate ground of being, to which we are always connected, but unable to perceive on" Channel Normal." Fascinating to contemplate! Smile

delphine
#8 Posted : 2/17/2007 8:17:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Excerpt from an article about multidimensionality. This is in sync with a previous post conjecturing that when we are under the influence of DMT and psychedelics in general, the filters of our senses become more flexible and allow through more of the "endless array of everything imaginable": http://www.reconnections.../Multidimensionality.htm Your senses are not "windows" to an "objective" universe.  They are really filters, blocking from your awareness what you have no desire to see.   OUT THERE consists of an endless array of everything imaginable.  But here, in this 3D You-niverse, you have assigned for yourself a specific focus, and your Veil makes sure that you stay with it until that focus is complete.