We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporizing DMT using a digital/herb vaporizer? Options

AI
#1 Posted : 6/9/2008 9:23:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone ever vaporized DMT in a digital-style vaporizer?

From http://mv.lycaeum.org/mu/tryptamine_vapor.html:

Substance CAS # melting point boiling point
DMT N,N-DimethylTryptamine 61-50-7 44.6-46.8°C (116°F) (crystals) 60-80°C (crystals)

I ask because I have a vaporizer that I use for cannabis, and I was considering using it for DMT. It is temperature controlled and can go up to ~250C. What temperature should I be aiming for, if this is a good idea? It also has a little water filter on it, should I run it with water or without in DMT's case?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

adrian89987
#2 Posted : 6/9/2008 11:24:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm real interested in using one as well now that I've finally gotten the replacement parts for my vap.
I can't think of a reason for why it would not work as long as it is made sure that the dmt can run away down the whip.

rellik
#3 Posted : 6/10/2008 3:10:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

works very well in a volcano

i run mine almost at max temp, and id try it without water in your case
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 6/19/2008 5:57:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been considering posting this exact same question over the last couple of days. I'd love to hear any feedback from people using digitally controlled vaporizers. It seems as though this would be the perfect tool for consistent administration, but perhaps there is a less obvious downside to their use. I to would love to hear from anyone with experience using one of these devices to fire the spice.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

AI
#5 Posted : 6/19/2008 2:39:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM Tried it. Does not appear to work with that person's whip-type vaporizer. Even on max-heat and drawing extremely slowly the vapor was insanely thin, and wouldn't go up all at once.