We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Yopo seized by customs. HELP! Options

nadir
#1 Posted : 3/29/2010 12:06:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I need your help.
I've ordered cebil from Maya week ago.
On Friday I've got the package, but when I opened it there were only incenses I ordered as well and no yopo.
Instead of it I got a report which says that "one part (yopo) of package may contain bufotenin which is an analog of psilocin and dmt and according to UN Drug bla bla bla..."
I've phoned the inspector today and he said that they sent it to court expertise
As far as I know in the country I live (Lithuania), there are no analog acts, only mentioned that same regulations are valid to forbidden chemicals' salts, isomers, ethers and esthers. Does bufotenin match any of these definition?
Will they do a chromatography or something?
i've also checked that there is a small ammount of dmt (~0.06 percent).
Can anyone help me to cope with my stress?
p.s. yopo isn't regulated here, nor are any plants that contain dmt or similar chems. Only Caapi is regulated
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 3/29/2010 1:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I am very sorry to hear about that! If Lithuania does indeed have a law that prohibits any "salts, isomers, ethers and esters" of controlled substances, this is an analog act. In my country of Norway, the text of the analog act is similar, although a bit extended: "Salts and derivates of these and possible isomers, ethers and esters of the substances or their salts."

You are very fortunate that the word "derivates" is not included in your country's law, as the meaning of this word can be extended to include next to any substance with even slight similarities in the structure of controlled substances. Bufotenine is not a salt, isomer, ether or esters of neither psilocin nor DMT, so if one are to read your country's law literally, bufotenine is not controlled.

It is, however, important to note that the court system does in general have no knowledge about chemistry. While the text of the law is very clear, court practices may have extended the analog act to include any substances similar to controlled ones. As I have no clue about the practices in these cases in Lithuania, I advise you to research it yourself.

I think you should wait for the customs to decide what they will do. If they give you a fine, take some time researching your country's practices in similar cases. If you want to fight it and believe you can win the case, based on the practices of these laws in your country, go ahead and fight it! I do, however, think that the fine or other punishment you may get for the yopo will be very small.

I don't think you have much to worry about. It is possible that it is not a crime. If it is deemed a crime, it is not something you will get punished hard for. I don't think the slight DMT content will have any impact, it is probably too low for them to even notice it. I wish you the best of luck! Smile

PS: I love your signature, it puts a huge smile on my face each time I see it! Pleased

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 3/29/2010 2:04:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Evening Glory wrote:
Bufotenine is not a salt, isomer, ether or esters of neither psilocin nor DMT, so if one are to read your country's law literally, bufotenine is not controlled.

I'm sorry, but that's not true at all. Bufotenine is 5-HO-DMT; psilocin is 4-HO-DMT. That makes them positional isomers of one another. Bufotenine is indeed illegal in Lithuania.

However, I don't imagine there's too much to worry about. He didn't mention anything in the law about "any material containing any amount of a scheduled drug is itself a scheduled material" like we have in the US; without that, it seems impossible to prosecute.

Also, even though we do have that language in US law making cebil seeds explicitly illegal, no one would actually be prosecuted for simply ordering the seeds... the authorities would only be concerned about suppliers. So I don't think there's too much cause to worry (though I admit I'm not familiar with the Lithuathian justice system)

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:00:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Evening Glory wrote:
Bufotenine is not a salt, isomer, ether or esters of neither psilocin nor DMT, so if one are to read your country's law literally, bufotenine is not controlled.

I'm sorry, but that's not true at all. Bufotenine is 5-HO-DMT; psilocin is 4-HO-DMT. That makes them positional isomers of one another. Bufotenine is indeed illegal in Lithuania.

Oh, you are of course correct! I'm sorry for the stupid mistake.

nadir
#5 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

damn!
does anybody know how they make an expertise?

btw, what about human excrements ? it does contain bufo as well, huh?
so it's illegal to shit or what?

Evening Glory wrote:

Entropymancer
#6 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Yep, human feces contain bufotenine, so if those seeds are illegal, the its illegal to shit as well.

...hey, that gives me an idea though: Fecal extraction teks! No need for cebil seeds, just pull some bufo out of your ass Laughing

Big Inhale
#7 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:44:45 PM

The Enlightend One

nadir wrote:
damn!
does anybody know how they make an expertise?

btw, what about human excrements ? it does contain bufo as well, huh?
so it's illegal to shit or what?
WHAT is that true!!
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Onee question: WHY did customs open you package? There should be no customs inspections within europe!!

Beside that i can just tell you, that you are RIGHT and they are WRONG. You have all the right in the world to change your consciousness and I'm sure that many around here are standing by your side, supporting you, at least morally. Don't let fear consume you, you've done NOTHING wrong!

VisualDistortion
#9 Posted : 3/29/2010 6:18:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My only word of advice, get a good lawyer.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

nadir
#10 Posted : 3/29/2010 7:15:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Onee question: WHY did customs open you package? There should be no customs inspections within europe!!

The opened the package while checking post from PROBLEMATIC countries, such as Netherlands.

VisualDistortion wrote:
My only word of advice, get a good lawyer.

we'll see how the expertise goes.I wish i would find one.

In this country we have Narcotic and Psychotropic substances law, by which if the substance is somehow prepared(pulverised etc.) , it's evaluated as "designed for use" and then it falls under schedules

Luckily it was whole seeds and the package was marketed NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. hope that will help
who knows, I wished to grow a yard full of Anadenantheras and start a tannic acid bussines. Smile

Evening Glory wrote:

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 3/29/2010 7:21:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The opened the package while checking post from PROBLEMATIC countries, such as Netherlands.

How stupid is that..problematic countrys...lol

ohayoco
#12 Posted : 3/29/2010 7:45:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Definitely get a lawyer immediately.
By the way, if I were a government agent I bet I would now be able to find out your real name based on the info you've just given me.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 3/29/2010 8:48:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Yep, packages from netherland does seem to be opened much more frequently by customs here in Norway too.

Yeah, true. Posts from the Netherlands, USA, India and a few other Asian countries are all more frequently screened here in Norway. I would assume it is the same it other countries.

Trickster
#14 Posted : 3/29/2010 11:00:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

ohayoco wrote:
By the way, if I were a government agent I bet I would now be able to find out your real name based on the info you've just given me.

Very good point, but that may be not enough to link you beyond any reasonable doubt to the entity on this forum.

So, clean up your place and your computer. It is not an appropriate forum, but I would suggest that you should either physically destroy the HDD of the computer you used for communicating on this forum or do full HDD encryption, including OS. A good opensource software for it is Truecrypt (www.truecrypt.com).

Hopefully you used an anon SSL proxy to access this forum. If not, then it is too late. Most probably your ISP keeps logs for half a year or so and all your connections will be there.

If you do/did these 2 things it will help you to support plausibility of your anandenantera garden story.

Good luck, my friend.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Ginkgo
#15 Posted : 3/29/2010 11:12:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it extremely unlikely that the police will use resources on tracking your internet identities. It can easily be done, but it costs a lot of both time and funding. The police have better things to use their funding on than psychonauts ordering some entheogens. But if you were ordering exceptionally large quantities, you should be careful.

Nevertheless, it is not dumb to clean up your place and use Truecrypt.

endlessness
#16 Posted : 3/29/2010 11:12:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

being careful is important, do try to be clean in the near future just in case... but I doubt you are gonna get in serious trouble from a few yopo seeds, I seriously cant imagine.... all the best to you!

#17 Posted : 3/29/2010 11:35:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
...hey, that gives me an idea though: Fecal extraction teks! No need for cebil seeds, just pull some bufo out of your ass Laughing

um ... pass Very happy

I hope you find a path through this ... I can only think there isn't a lot of crime in your country if all the fucking authorities can find to do with their time is hassle people ordering seeds.

hang in there
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Trickster
#18 Posted : 3/29/2010 11:52:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Evening Glory wrote:
I find it extremely unlikely that the police will use resources on tracking your internet identities. It can easily be done, but it costs a lot of both time and funding.

That is very true, but there are things that are done routinely. Actually they are parts of a criminal procedure. Namely:

- House search;
- Confiscating the suspect's computer;
- Checking ISP and phone company logs;
- Checking deliveries by registered and courier mail.

They do not take much resoures and/or time.

Evening Glory wrote:
But if you were ordering exceptionally large quantities, you should be careful.

SWIM wonders how much is too much? Anybody had problems with 6 kilos of mhrb?
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Ginkgo
#19 Posted : 3/30/2010 12:32:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
Actually they are parts of a criminal procedure. Namely:

- House search;
- Confiscating the suspect's computer;
- Checking ISP and phone company logs;
- Checking deliveries by registered and courier mail.

They do not take much resoures and/or time.

I can only speak about how it is done in Norway. In my country, traffic data (logs from your ISP and phone company) is requested by the police only half the time in very serious crimes. These crimes are murder, rough robbery, serious narcotics (distribution or intent to distribution of large quantities), rape and child abuse.

Yes, that is correct, only in half of these extremely serious crimes, step 3 of your list is done. The reason behind is the large resources that have to be spent. This makes it extremely unlikely that this traffic data would be requested for such a minor cause, at least in Norway. Seeing both countries is in Europe, I would assume the Lithuanian practice to be more similar to what we have in Norway than what is done in the US.

69ron
#20 Posted : 3/30/2010 1:34:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is perhaps the BBB domino effect in motion. It's likely to spread all over the world. I’ll bet they got news of the BBB trial in the USA related to Yopo containing bufotenine and are starting to act based on that.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

12NEXT