We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Piece of history of DMT Options

vovin
#1 Posted : 3/25/2010 3:04:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I had somone message me about some things back in the day when the community was just getting big on the net. I came to realize that many people didnt know much about the old DMT culture which was DMT World. So I wrote this as a history of the community when I was a part of it back then.

I learned about DMT when a friend of mine told me about it. We used to be thelemic monks many years ago and we both were into diffrent types of experimentation. After a little research I came to a community much like this one called DMTWorld. Extraction wasn’t a step by step process for the newcomers at that time and it took allot of reading and research to properly perform an extraction since the teks left a whole lot of room for error.

There were only a few teks out there and they resulted in nothing but yellow goo which was highly impure and incapable of being smoked in sufficient quantities to break thru reliably. The teks even contradicted each other in some instances. So I chose to do a massive amount of research and learn everything I could from forums, chem books etc.. I had tried the goo and it had messed my lungs up bad and I wanted to find a process to ensure that it would never happen again. This was kind of a golden age of extraction. We had several chemistry students on the forum and with their collaboration the community had begun to make a real leap in the process. Several teks were being made at the time I am sure you have heard of Marsofold's tek which was written roundabout the same time.

I wrote the tek as a guide for myself as well as others to properly extract and get a pure version as much as it is possible to avoid permanent or long term damage as a result of inhalation of dangerous chemicals. I also wanted to make it idiot-proof as possible so you didn’t need a chemistry degree to perform it and get results. The tek became very popular but many in the community at that time did not like the idea of an easy tek that any old Joe smoe could follow and believed that it would make DMT too popular. A rift formed between those who thought DMT was for all and those who thought it was to be only for a select few. Due to this and many other reasons I as well as many other veterans decided to create a private section so we set up a website "Deep Thought" where forums were private and you could speak freely. Only those who had gained trust on the main forums were invited and became participating members. We weren’t trying to be an exclusive 'elitist' group but we wanted to have a place where we could work together on experiments that usually involved DMT or other psychedelics.

The Deep Thought project was a group of individuals that performed experiments and collaborated on them. I was heavily into floatation tanks and binaural beats and I would regularly experiment with these while under the influence of DMT. Another guy experimented with more occult ritual practices while under a variety of psychedelics. Everyone had their little experiments going on in accordance to their interests. There were quite a few experiments that were done and each posted a detailed log of the experiment and we would discuss the results as well as suggest refinements on future experiments.

We were trying our best to perform scientific experiments on psychedelics that the real scientific community would not. Of course we had limited resources and knowledge although usually someone in the group would tend to know something pretty well about any subject. Everyone there was highly educated, insight and knowledge was a pre req. for entrance into the group. Eventually the group died off and the site went down. I became inactive after the whole Mass of the Phoenix experiment. DMTWorld went down and we had no resource to pull new members from so slowly the membership trickled off. This was partially our fault since we pretty much took the best of the membership and referred them to the private site they posted less on DMTWorld and interest faded there.

I left the DMT community for several years to work on other things. I had archived my detailed logs and information I had gathered during the time. I decided that I would not begin publishing anything until several years passed so I could read what I had written and place it in context correctly from an objective view. I know that I have written some things that at the time of writing seem so profound and insightful only upon latter reflection after time has passed to see them as foolish and juvenile. So I believed it was important to give a decent amount of time before I chose to read and format my writings. Which I am in the process of doing at the moment.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WSaged
#2 Posted : 3/25/2010 3:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well my man, you are a legend in my mind, as you are responsible for my leaning & understanding of basic chemistry on a level that suited my interest in extracting DMT for the first time & succeeding 100%....and then some!!! (I'm not into smoking goo either!)

Thanks so much for taking the time to research & write out such a detailed, yet easy & fool proof method of extracting pure DMT!!!!!
I had literally been searching for DMT for 13 years...since I had read about it when I was 18...it wasn't until I started studying your tek more than 2 years ago & understanding the processes taking place that I realized I didn't need to find someone to get DMT from, but that I could extract it myself!! And know it was pure!!
Oof...revelation!

You made a huge dent in my life & the lives of a number of my close friends & I don't say that lightly, I mean it you really did!!
I've shared DMT with the people in my life who I felt would appreciate it for more than just another high & things have bloomed in each one!
My outlook on life being more positive, natural & whole, is a direct result of reading your tek a few years ago.

Enough gushing, Thanks!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghostman
#3 Posted : 3/25/2010 3:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ghostman would like to thank Vovin for this post :-)

Dude, your tek is what I studied and used to get going (amongst many others, but yours is still about, printed out). I have since modified it to suit me, but it's derivative Vovin. I get to thank you, personally.

Here's to you (raises a glass)
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Ice House
#4 Posted : 3/25/2010 4:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Vovin,

Thank you. You were an inspiration for me several years back. My first extraction was Vovins tek taken from DMT World. Glad to see you posting on these boards. You have so much to contribute. I look forward to your posts.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

ragabr
#5 Posted : 3/25/2010 5:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing this history Vovin. I love hearing of the DMT tradition's past.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

mattritt
#6 Posted : 3/25/2010 7:34:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome to hear the history lesson!! Much thanks Vovin, I wholeheartedly believe we wouldn't be here now without you. At least not with spice in hand. Itd be very interesting to hear how some of those experiments you mentioned went. Are there any archives or anything from Deep Thought?

I'm curious what's your take on DMT these days compared to back then? You mentioned some of your thoughts or ideas back then seemed juvenile.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

vovin
#7 Posted : 3/25/2010 7:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Those who were part of the community were actually quite brilliant. The old ways did have a way of weeding out the fools or those who were not intelligent or willing to put forth the effort. For some average guy without allot of time who just wants to try it and see what it's like it required more effort than they wanted to invest so usually those who were regulars were those who 'passed the test'.

As far as the writings I have them all it's just getting them organized into a book that is the challenge as they were written pieces at a time and I consider this my great work and as such it must be as perfect as possible. I have posted a few parts on here. This is a link to the mass of the phoenix: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3928

It's a little disturbing so be warned. Should give you a idea of what we were working on as far as taking DMT to a whole new level of extreme.

DoingKermit
#8 Posted : 3/25/2010 7:52:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Full respect to you, vovin. All i have to say is thank you!

stevowitz
#9 Posted : 3/26/2010 1:56:06 AM

The Dude

a-mazing

literally had my jaw wide open while reading about The Mass of the Phoenix...

in awe

thank you for your story!

*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

antrocles
#10 Posted : 3/26/2010 3:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me and Uncle Knucles did our first tek as a Marsofold/Vovin hybrid. to say that i owe you a lot would be grotesquely understating the sentiment. you have changed the course of my life forever and for that i owe you a life-sized debt of gratitude.

...and love... Pleased

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Steely
#11 Posted : 3/26/2010 5:06:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not know of your workings in the past years. I have only recently begun my journey into this world of yours and after reading what you needed to say I know I must thank you. If it wasn't for the work of many, and yourself included, on those forums in the past I would not be here amungst such a wonderful community of supportive and spiritual people.

I, from the next generation of experimenters that you helped to create, thank you with all my heart.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

shoe
#12 Posted : 3/27/2010 12:59:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
I had somone message me about some things back in the day when the community was just getting big on the net.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Very happy

I'm just real interested in the history of DMT and the internet, how it was learned about and such. At the end of fear and lothing it mentions
that synthetic DMT was extremely rare in 197X (obviously, they didn't know it could be extracted from biological sources except from the pineal gland)
Even though this to me seems like a huge misnomer. How could people not have known about DMT from plant sources when explorers
such as huxley and those who went before him had known about ayahuasca using tribes since the 1900's? THAT was where it was first reported
and identified from in the scientific literature. Its quite simple to say, this tribe are out of their minds on this brew, can you isolate the active please.

I feel that I should be more gung-ho on this section because I've read several books on the topic:

Graham Hancock - Supernatural Teachers of Ancient Mankind
Rick Strassman - Inner Paths To Outer Space: Journeys to Alien Worlds Through Psychedelics and Other Spiritual Technologies
Jeremy Narby - Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge

IIRC the first reported isolation of DMT was reported in a letter from huxley to his friend... this may be wrong.

I realise vovin was one of the first to write the tek, which made it simple enough for the layperson to extract DMT, but to anyone
with a background in chemistry this kind of science is a walk in the park. These chemistry techniques have been known about since
god knows when. early 1800's?

If anyone could impart any DMT history, especially pertaining to the first forums, and the first suppliers of mimosa hostillis,
or better still the trail of the actual first person who went out, identified some mimosa hostillis, chopped it up and extracted it, I would be most grateful.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

vovin
#13 Posted : 3/27/2010 1:31:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The QT (Quantum Tantra) Tek was one of the very first ones. I had actually used it on my first extraction which ended up as yellow goo. It was then I decided to write a tek. So QT's predates mine by a few years and was the standard at the time I came on the scene.

Extraction of DMT came as a result of Richard Spruce's Amazonian explorations of ayahuasca used by the tribes in the late 1800's. Which were latter popularized by other scientists. The active ingredient was then realized at some point in the 1930's-40's I cant remember precisely when. It was still obscure and not even known of to most scientists until the military and scientists gained interest in it roundabout 1970. From what I can gather I think Leary or McKenna referred to it in one of their books or something there was a 55 gallon drum found by some people on a military base who took the liberty of stealing some from it and this is where all the DMT came from for nearly 2 decades.

Extraction as we know it came about in the late 1990's to early 2000's mainly from message boards related to other psych drugs. As a result it spawned it's own community. Slowly but surely extraction become more refined.

So basically DMT came to be known as a result of Ayahuasca. Scientists learned the active ingredient and was able to synthesise it in a lab and then the hippies got hold of it and all hell broke loose. It wasnt until the internet gained popularity that enough like minded people go together and were able to figure out how to extract it from the bark using kitchen chemistry. A process which evolved over a period of about 10 years.

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 3/27/2010 1:42:46 AM

John Murdoch IV

Thank you for your post Smile
A very nice history lesson.

I was a member af dmt-world but didn't post much there. I joined dmt-world soon after I heard about DMT for the first time. So I was just reading and reading and getting ready to take the leap into hyperspace.
But it wasn't until after dmt-world went down I started gathering materials for extraction Smile I took my time, no rush, and one day I had DMT crystals in my hand Smile
I used a STB tek at first but now I go for my version af an a/b tek.

So again, thank you for your post and good to have you here Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

MachienDome
#15 Posted : 9/30/2020 11:16:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
Thank you for sharing this history Vovin. I love hearing of the DMT tradition's past.

I totally agree on that...its too bad I was too young back then to be a part of it. I think the DMTWorld community may have been scared of publicity....you know how LE and the media like to hype BS and fear monger in the War on Drugs.
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

GordonFreem4nn
#16 Posted : 11/12/2020 9:23:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow
when the doors of perception are open we can experience the full scope of reality