We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MHRB or Psychotria viridis Options

Psilocin Dreams
#1 Posted : 3/26/2010 8:07:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is curious if one is better or more potent than the other and when used in a Ayahuasca Brew which is favored. Also as this is SWIMs first time expeimenting with DMT what is a good ratio of caapi to MHRB or P.V. to start with?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 3/26/2010 8:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For ayahuasca, P. viridis is much better. The trip is smoother, less toxic feeling. Mimosa hostilis is stronger though, but not much stronger than Hawaiian P. viridis.

SWIM always prefers P. viridis over M. hostilis. The effects are cleaner, friendlier, and just plain better. There’s something about M. hostilis that makes it feel darker, more toxic.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 3/26/2010 8:36:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Mimosa is mostly of a more consistent quality.
psychotria can give a better experience but it's often too weak.
Then there's chalinponga. Chaliponga is extremely potent, but markedly different due to the presence of 5-MeO-DMT.

Mimosa can be brewed in boiling water, and then you need very little of it to get strong effects, but it will taste horribly, you will have to puke and it gives a less pleasant trip.

In cold-water infusions you need more of it, at least 30 grams of powdered stuff, but you won't have the nasty side-effects and it will taste less groce and you will probably manage to keep the stuff inside.

psychotria is very often too weak as i said, but when it works it will often have a very immersive effect. It will more often have a deeper mental dimension where mimosa gives more spectacular visual effects.

Maya's hawaian chacruna is the best chacruna i know, but it's often out of stock.

I often make a psychotria brew first, when it's cold i use that to make a cold mimosa extract. That more or less is guaranteed to work but for beginners it may be too powerfull.

Chaliponga is a category of it's own, but 1-it will definately work and 2-it will be spectacular.
It's visuals are far less colourfull, and 'pale', but more immersive than of mimosa and chacruna combined and very tangible.

There are a few ways to boost a brew. you can add a tiny amount of mushrooms that it´s too small to have effects on it´s own but that will give a boost to the oral DMT. you can also add datura seeds as long as you don't use more than 20.
Guayusa is also very often used as an additive, but for me it didn't do much.

The addition of theobromine will diminish visual effects but increase the mental effects and also bodily sensations. In general it amplifies the effects of ayahuasca, but not nessecarily in a very pleasant manner, is my personal opinion.

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/26/2010 9:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have never had viridis..I used to brew with chaliponga..but since I started to brew with mimosa I fell in love with caapi and mimosa brews..mimosa seems more light filled and femal and friendly..I have never felt any toxic effects from mimosa..Ron I bet you felt toxic effects from the tannins in mimosa..I always make sure to decant the brew a few times after its sat in the fridge for a few days..I dont even really get too sick at all.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 3/26/2010 9:35:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment is right: chaliponga is much heavier to deal with and harder to fall in love with.
But it's at least worth a try if you're interested in deep confrontation with yourself and ego-death type of stuff.

Psilocin Dreams
#6 Posted : 3/27/2010 2:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys for all the help. SWIM gathers that it would be best to try caapi alone first and from what you all say each has its own journey. soooooooooo time to try em all.