We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
medicinal plants, which ones help Options

imachavel
#1 Posted : 6/4/2008 10:57:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey, I know I've heard of dandelion root and such. Out of all these extracts and stuff, which ones are the best that will really help your health and immune system, and can I get these all at the store, or do I need to go somewhere else?

also, is this necessary, or should I just stick with vitamin c and 5 bananas a day for healthy fiber?

this is the wrong place to post this, huh?

well, feel free to move it if you want.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 6/5/2008 3:41:31 AM

The Great Namah

Cat's Claw.

Do some research on it. I think you will find some good info.

I use this daily and my energy has returned, allergies are all but gone, and my general health is improving.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 6/5/2008 3:48:57 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

rhodiola rosea
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

imachavel
#4 Posted : 6/5/2008 4:03:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nice answers, I'll look these up.

where do I buy these, at the store? or do I need to go to a special store?

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 6/5/2008 5:03:04 AM

The Great Namah

Cat's Claw can be found online. It is best taken as a tea. 3 tablespoons per liter boiled for 20-30 minutes, strained and chilled. 1/2 cup per serving, 2 servings a day.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/5/2008 5:11:29 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

rhodiola rosea can also be found online, as a live plant, dried root, or as supplements. I once bought a plant from bouncinb.

here's the skinny on rhodiola rosea

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

burnt
#7 Posted : 6/5/2008 9:17:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

i use plants for health and medicine constantly. it depends on what kind of condition your are trying to improve, if its general health and immune response there are many plants. it also depends on the area you live in, sometimes its nice to collect your own plants rather then rely on companies who may be falsifying their claims.

many dietary or herbal supplements sold in the U.S. especially should be carefully looked into for effectiveness. i could go into the details of why if you are really interested. however just read the label, the best is to buy and or collect some dried or fresh plants and work from there.

remember most of the worlds population still uses medicinal plants for health and treating disease. half of our modern drugs the ideas came from plant compounds. i think the more society realizes that we can work with plants and nature to improve our health and well being the better off society will become.

LemonScented
#8 Posted : 6/5/2008 10:55:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

erowid's herb vault has a really good collection of such information.

imachavel wrote:

also, is this necessary, or should I just stick with vitamin c and 5 bananas a day for healthy fiber?

as far as i know neither contain fiber, certainly not vit c. pysllium husk is good for fiber or good ole artificial-orange-flavored benefiber. if you're looking for general health stuff consider multi vitamins and vit supplements as oppose to herbs that treat specific ailments.