We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufotenine Solubility Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:11:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This post will be edited with updates periodically as more information comes it. The actual solubility numbers are missing for most of these, so as this information comes in, I’ll update this post.

SWIM now finally has quite a bit of pure freebase bufotenine to play around with. As there is almost no information about solubility, I’ve decided to post information gathered by SWIM’s own tests showing the solubility of bufotenine in various solvents.

Freebase Bufotenine Solubility
Acetone @ 20 C: soluble (5 g/100 ml)
Chloroform @ 20 C: soluble
Dichloromethane @ 20 C: soluble
Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) @ 20 C: soluble (6 g/100 ml)
D-Limonene (Orange Oil) @ 20 C: insoluble
D-Limonene (Orange Oil) @ 176 C: soluble (more than 1.7 g/100 ml)
Ethanol @ 20 C: soluble
Ether @ 20 C: soluble
Ethyl acetate @ 20 C: soluble
Heptane @ 20 C: insoluble
Heptane with 40% MEK @ 20 C: soluble (0.53 g/100 ml)
Heptane with 50% MEK @ 20 C: soluble (1.22 g/100 ml)
IPA @ 20 C: soluble
MEK @ 20 C: soluble
Methanol @ 20 C: soluble
Naphtha @ 20 C: insoluble
Water @ 20 C: nearly insoluble in pure water (no acid or alkali added)
Xylene @ 20 C: nearly insoluble (less than 0.03 g/100 ml)
Xylene @ 144 C: soluble (1.5 g/100 ml)
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 12/25/2008 4:48:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FYI: I updated the solubility info for xylene at 20 C.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 12/25/2008 5:59:42 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
Water @ 20 C: nearly insoluble

69ron, does that actually mean that freebase bufo is insoluble in basic solution, out of it can crash out during basification (just like SWIM's FOAF once dreamed of doing)?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/25/2008 6:45:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
69ron wrote:
Water @ 20 C: nearly insoluble

69ron, does that actually mean that freebase bufo is insoluble in basic solution, out of it can crash out during basification (just like SWIM's FOAF once dreamed of doing)?

The Merck Index clearly states that bufotenine is practically insoluble in water, but soluble in dilute acid and dilute alkali. I take that to mean bufotenine forms salts with both acids and alkali at certain pH levels.

That information in the above post was for bufotenine crystals in pure distilled water. The pH was not checked, but it was water without any acid or alkali added to it. The bufotenine was barely soluble in it.

SWIM will do more accurate water solubility tests to include various pH levels and actual solubility numbers in the near future and then he’ll update that information.

If the Merck Index is correct, bufotenine should be able to form a salt with calcium hydroxide. That means that the theoretical calcium bufotenate should be possible. SWIM’s tests in the past showed it was not possible and that the Merck Index was wrong.

The Merck Index is not usually wrong. Maybe SWIM did something wrong in his previous tests. He let the bufotenine sit in alkali for 24 hours. Maybe it can’t withstand such a long time in water. Maybe the water destroyed it and not the calcium hydroxide. He’s going to redo those tests more carefully and more accurately and then update that information when he’s done.

Z E D
#5 Posted : 1/11/2009 5:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ansiously waiting for the results...

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/24/2009 4:20:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Updated the OP to include d-limonene solubility.

SWIM's tests found freebase bufotenine to be insoluble in d-limonene at 20 C.

SWIM's tests found freebase bufotenine to be soluble in boiling d-limonene at 176 C. At 176 C bufotenine's solubility in d-limonene is more than 1.7 g/100 ml. The maximum has not been found. This amount quickly dissolved and actually all of it dissolve just before reaching 176 C (the boiling point of d-limonene). I'm guessing that maybe 5 times that much will dissolve. SWIM needs to do more testing to see.

Dorge
#7 Posted : 3/24/2009 4:23:42 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

OP? does that mean the tek on the wiki?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

69ron
#8 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:27:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OP means "Original Post". It means the first post in a thread.

Fatcat
#9 Posted : 4/7/2009 5:47:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is bufotenin fumarate or citrate soluble in water?
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

69ron
#10 Posted : 4/7/2009 6:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, both are.

Bufotenine citrate is a very hygroscopc sticky mess.

Fatcat
#11 Posted : 4/7/2009 7:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you 69ron, you are extremely helpful when ever I have any questions.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Fuego
#12 Posted : 4/19/2009 5:07:53 AM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
how bout hexane or maybe hexane/mek

69ron
#13 Posted : 6/7/2009 3:45:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hexane is too non-polar on it's own. A mix of hexane and MEK would work if you found the right ratio though.

soulfood
#14 Posted : 9/19/2009 7:37:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Did anyone ever find out even a rough figure for the amount of bufotenine soluble in 100ml DCM?

ThirdEyeVision
#15 Posted : 2/11/2010 10:40:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you 69ron for this great information. Can both this and the mescaline solubility threads be made sticky? They are very valuable threads!
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

69ron
#16 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Did anyone ever find out even a rough figure for the amount of bufotenine soluble in 100ml DCM?

My guess is that the solubility is something like 50 g/100 ml. Just a wild guess based on SWIM’s experience using it. But it’s water soluble too, so in an A/B even DCM isn’t that good at pulling it out of water. It’s similar in this way to mescaline. Both of them love water, and an A/B type of water/solvent extraction does a poor job on extracting them.

69ron
#17 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:20:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
Thank you 69ron for this great information. Can both this and the mescaline solubility threads be made sticky? They are very valuable threads!

Well, I have a copy of all this information, so it will never be lost. It's probably a good idea to post the same information on some other forums as well.

Ginkgo
#18 Posted : 2/19/2010 8:44:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if bufotenine is soluble in toluene?

69ron
#19 Posted : 3/24/2010 8:24:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know. SWIM has not done work with phosphoric acid.