We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time extraction - Need to know what to expect in final product Options

Steely
#1 Posted : 3/22/2010 3:21:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is using the, https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lazyman%27s_tek Lazyman tek. He realizes that the final spice should be a white/yellow crystalized substance or powder, but he doesn't know what to expect with such a different method of extraction.

Does he worry if... ?

Should he know it came out right if... ?
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Steely
#2 Posted : 3/22/2010 4:46:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone help? It's pretty important. He really doesn't want to mess up the first time.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 3/22/2010 4:59:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

1. Break a pound or 454 g of dried of Mimosa Hostilis root bark into small pieces so that no piece is longer than three inches allowing them to all nicely fit into the bottom of a large 5 liter mixing bowl with lots of extra room left over and set to the side.

Grind it. It will save you a lot of time.

2. Prepare some basified water by fully dissolving 200 g (~13 measured tablespoons full) of NaOH powder into 2 L of tap water in a large measuring cup.
3. Add the basified water you just made to the bowl of broken root bark, stir for a few minutes and set aside for two or more hours (longer is better).

After you've mixed everything up, shake the shit out of it. If persiting bubbles form, then add more NaOH. Then leave for 24 hours

4. After soaking the root bark in high pH NaOH adjusted water (which is near a pH of 13.5 or more) for a couple of hours or more take a stainless steel potato masher and start mashing the broken root as best you can in the basified water for 20โ€“30 minutes (longer is better).

If you grind the bark this isn't necassary... why do they call this lazymans anyway?!

5. After you are done mashing the root bark for a few minutes (which will still be fairly hard if only soaking 2 hours) then add 250โ€“400 mL of clean room temperature naphtha (more makes separation from the soup easier) and stir the solvent into the aqueous mix for 20โ€“30 minutes (longer is better).

Just add 100ml for now. More can be used, but if you really want a good demonstration of what the goods should really look like just use 100 for now. Also stir this periodically for 12 hours.

6. After mixing the naphtha into the bowl pour as much of the solvent as you can easily get off of the top of the aqueous mix (naphtha floats on top in water as a distinct layer) into another container, leaving all of the dark soup behind which will be extracted over again later. Be sure not to allow any of the dark water or any of the bubbly emulsion which may have formed in the solvent to go out with it, you just want clear solvent now leaving everything else behind in the bowl.

yup!Though I recommend at least using a pipette or an eye dropper.

Now you should not do what the rest of the tek says. Now you have your naphtha seperated you should put it in the fridge for 12 hours, then the freezer for 24 hours. This should give you shiny glassy crystals if you follow these extra notes. Then just repeat from step 5 until the bark is spent.

Steely
#4 Posted : 3/22/2010 5:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
1. Break a pound or 454 g of dried of Mimosa Hostilis root bark into small pieces so that no piece is longer than three inches allowing them to all nicely fit into the bottom of a large 5 liter mixing bowl with lots of extra room left over and set to the side.

Grind it. It will save you a lot of time.

2. Prepare some basified water by fully dissolving 200 g (~13 measured tablespoons full) of NaOH powder into 2 L of tap water in a large measuring cup.
3. Add the basified water you just made to the bowl of broken root bark, stir for a few minutes and set aside for two or more hours (longer is better).

After you've mixed everything up, shake the shit out of it. If persiting bubbles form, then add more NaOH. Then leave for 24 hours

4. After soaking the root bark in high pH NaOH adjusted water (which is near a pH of 13.5 or more) for a couple of hours or more take a stainless steel potato masher and start mashing the broken root as best you can in the basified water for 20โ€“30 minutes (longer is better).

If you grind the bark this isn't necassary... why do they call this lazymans anyway?!

5. After you are done mashing the root bark for a few minutes (which will still be fairly hard if only soaking 2 hours) then add 250โ€“400 mL of clean room temperature naphtha (more makes separation from the soup easier) and stir the solvent into the aqueous mix for 20โ€“30 minutes (longer is better).

Just add 100ml for now. More can be used, but if you really want a good demonstration of what the goods should really look like just use 100 for now. Also stir this periodically for 12 hours.

6. After mixing the naphtha into the bowl pour as much of the solvent as you can easily get off of the top of the aqueous mix (naphtha floats on top in water as a distinct layer) into another container, leaving all of the dark soup behind which will be extracted over again later. Be sure not to allow any of the dark water or any of the bubbly emulsion which may have formed in the solvent to go out with it, you just want clear solvent now leaving everything else behind in the bowl.

yup!Though I recommend at least using a pipette or an eye dropper.

Now you should not do what the rest of the tek says. Now you have your naphtha seperated you should put it in the fridge for 12 hours, then the freezer for 24 hours. This should give you shiny glassy crystals if you follow these extra notes. Then just repeat from step 5 until the bark is spent.

It's my fault that I didn't mention I will be using Advanced Nuetrients product, pH UP in replace of the lye(NaOH). I was told that I should keep the same amount of water and slowly add in the liquid equivalent of lye (The pH UP) until I get a total black color.

Also, is his tek a little outdated and thus the reasoning for such changes? When I place the seperated naphtha should I cover it in some sort of wrap or leave uncovered? Maybe find a fridge in the house with no food or drink products in it? Do I need to change the crystals in any way (Crush them into a powder or...)? With your modifications on this method, what do you expect the amount of DMT to be once it is a finished product? 1g-1.5g per batch until 3rd/4th reextraction?

Thanks for the info. I very much appriciate anything and everything from you guys.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 3/22/2010 6:12:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you want your naphtha in a water tight vessel because if any moisture gets in then you have ice forming with your DMT and you don't want that.

I just use a standard jar.

Steely
#6 Posted : 3/22/2010 6:39:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
you want your naphtha in a water tight vessel because if any moisture gets in then you have ice forming with your DMT and you don't want that.

Does the finished product just fall out with flipped over or do you use a child cheater to scrape the edges and pull it out?

soulfood
#7 Posted : 3/22/2010 7:08:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well if you let the crystals form slowly i.e fridge to freezer, you should have some large crystal formation stuck to the jar that after pouring of the naphtha you can just poke and they drop off.

If you put the naphtha straight in the freezer you will have a snowy mass of smaller crystals that float about in the naphtha and you'll need a coffee filter or something to seperate them. Hence why I recommend slow freezing.

Steely
#8 Posted : 3/22/2010 7:13:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Well if you let the crystals form slowly i.e fridge to freezer, you should have some large crystal formation stuck to the jar that after pouring of the naphtha you can just poke and they drop off.

If you put the naphtha straight in the freezer you will have a snowy mass of smaller crystals that float about in the naphtha and you'll need a coffee filter or something to seperate them. Hence why I recommend slow freezing.

When I transfer from the fridge to freezer (I'm using the recommended method.. obviously Rolling eyes ), how cold does the freezer need to be? There are two fridges in my home and both I believe are different temperatures which I assume both or one can be adjusted.

Steely
#9 Posted : 3/22/2010 9:48:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM has all his supplies lined up and even a map planned out over the span of an hour to pick up the needed equipment when the MHRB finally arrives from 100herbgalaxy. 1LB using the method of lazyman and tek changes of soulfood (Thanks by the way!), how much should I expect to come out of this? My hopes are 4 grams, but that might be stretching it. Although it only takes 40-50mg to send you into hyperspace (So I've gathered from research) and maybe 20mg for a beginner.

Anyone able to predict the amount of DMT he will recieve if everything during extraction goes perfect?

ragabr
#10 Posted : 3/22/2010 10:56:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If everything goes perfect, with good bark would predict 1-2% yield, giving average of 6.8g. Depending on how much lab experience you have, you may wish to try a couple of 50g extractions. Have fun!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DeMenTed
#11 Posted : 3/22/2010 11:49:14 PM

Barry

soulfood wrote:

Swim uses a glass covered with tin foil and an elastic band round it and no moisture seems to get in, i hope lol Smile

soulfood
#12 Posted : 3/22/2010 11:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that can be better than a jar lid. Some aren't as tight as they seem. A combo of the 2 is always good.

Steely
#13 Posted : 3/23/2010 12:05:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
soulfood wrote:

Swim uses a glass covered with tin foil and an elastic band round it and no moisture seems to get in, i hope lol Smile

That seems like a good tek to use with storage for slow freezing. SWIM was considering getting either multiple jam jar's that are air tight or a large glass baking dish with a plastic lid that allows you to push down on the top to push out the air and easily snap the corner back on.

He'll have to look around and through various products and stores to find the right containment for the job. He thinks a glass jar would do just fine if it has rubber on the inside portion of the cap that sits on the mouth of the jar when closed tightly. That should do just fine in his opinion.

DeMenTed
#14 Posted : 3/23/2010 12:07:57 AM

Barry

You will find the right containers steely. im just improvising at the moment until i can get proper containers Smile

Steely
#15 Posted : 3/23/2010 12:12:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
You will find the right containers steely. im just improvising at the moment until i can get proper containers Smile

Yeah.

If it comes down to it though the idea of modling tin foil over a glass cup or small bowl and using an elastic band is quite brilliant. Someone like me who isn't me would double, triple and quadruple check it for holes or tears though.

Steely
#16 Posted : 3/23/2010 1:23:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All SWIM can do while he waits for the MHRB to come in from 100herbgalaxy is to go over the procedure and review notes taken to make sure everything goes smoothly. When he started reviewing them again he thought about the modified (new) step 4:

4. Then add 250โ€“400 mL of clean room temperature naphtha (more makes
separation from the soup easier) and stir the solvent into the aqueous mix for
20โ€“30 minutes (longer is better).

***Just add 100ml(Do 125ml) for now. More can be used, but if you really want
a good demonstration of what the goods should really look like just use 100
for now. Also stir this periodically for 12 hours.***

This step applies the naphtha to the product that has been sitting out for 24 hours soaking with the newly grounded powder in the jet black soup that has now been created. His question is about the periodic stirring over 12 hours of the naphtha that has been added to the project;

Would it not evaporate while you slowly stir it say every 1/2 hour throughout the twelve hours? That is my only worry. Sorry, he is not too much of a chemist, he is more of a pianist/writer (Although my poor english skills may say otherwise Razz ).