We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Iboga for alcoholism? Options

Jamie ONeil
#1 Posted : 3/19/2010 12:27:59 AM

Jamie O'Neil

My sister has suffered all her life from alcoholism (both sisters, actually), and has FINALLY, at age 44, decided to quit. She detoxed, but she's alone and working in a bar, so I wonder how long it will last. I have just learned about ibogaine treatment and wonder if it would be a viable option. She struggled for years with an addiction to meth, too, but hasn't done that for years.
Here I've been on the Nexus for a few months, but overlooked that section until a FB friend sent me an article on Ibogene and a clinic in Mexico that uses it for treatment.
I'm assuming that since this sacred medicine is so powerful and would cure so many people suffering, that it is of course illegal. Rolling eyes
Is there a place it is legal? Going to Juarez to the clinic I read about doesn't seem like a good idea right now, considering what's going on down there.
Is a treatment by someone inexperienced in Ibogene, but experienced in spiritual journeys a really bad idea? Could a viable treatment/session schedule be discovered with curiosity, desire and research?
I would love to help her.
"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
—Helen Keller

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 3/19/2010 12:37:20 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

absolutely.

I read in a 2003 Scientific American article that it blocks the reward feedback loop in the nucleus accumbens, the pleasure pathway in the brain. heroin and cocaine addictions, alcoholism... treated.
the problem is it's too effective, which is why pharm companies won't even bother with analogues.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

greymatter
#3 Posted : 3/24/2010 6:24:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i knew a life long DRUNK...nice guy but i have never seen anyone drink so much...go from one night drunk to the next time i saw him clean as a whistle...said he hadnt taken a drink in a month thanks to ibogaine...before he'd shake in the mornig with dts and barely be able to get that first drink down in the morning without spilling it
there are research facilitys in canada....dont send her to juarez...i live in mexico...STAY AWAY from juarez and all other border citys

benzyme
#4 Posted : 3/25/2010 3:23:58 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

death to cartel associates.
they should be tied up and set ablaze

yeah, ibogaine typically works the first time.
doesn't require ongoing treatment like with methadone, which is why ibogaine isn't favored by pharm companies; they wouldn't profit from it.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jamie
#5 Posted : 3/25/2010 4:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

We have the Iboga Therapy House here in Vancouver and it is all legal..and I think Toronto has an Iboga centre..

http://www.ibogatherapyhouse.net/cms/

Id get the hell out the bar ASAP as well..I know that after Iboga treatments they still stress that you remove yourself from the drug environment.
Long live the unwoke.

Ice House
#6 Posted : 3/25/2010 2:05:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I have found both psilocybe semilanceatta and cyanescens to be extremely effective in treating alcoholism. I was a hard core drunk for the better part of 15 years. Low doses,.5gm per day, of shrooms on a daily basis for 30 days saved my life. they helped me get through the dts both mentally and physically. I have been sober now for almost two years.

I had heard of using Iboga for alcoholism. It's just difficult to get a hold of, not to mention finding someone to administer and guide the therapy. I like the idea of having some relief after just one dose.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 3/25/2010 3:24:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Hey man that's a very interesting and empowering story, good for you.

Iboga wise I know of a very trusted source that offers Bwiti initiation strength Iboga, Ibogaine alkaloid extract, and pure Ibogaine, at a fair price, and will dispatch to where these are legal. He is also very happy to answer any questions people may have before or after undergoing treatment, if one is unable to find a guide in their local area. I'm not sure a guide is actually necessary though, as long as necessary research is done before and, a few medical checks are adhered to, and someone is on hand, I don't think a guide is a necessary...at the end of the day its between you and the plant.

PsilocybeChild
#8 Posted : 3/26/2010 9:09:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I have found both psilocybe semilanceatta and cyanescens to be extremely effective in treating alcoholism. I was a hard core drunk for the better part of 15 years. Low doses,.5gm per day, of shrooms on a daily basis for 30 days saved my life. they helped me get through the dts both mentally and physically. I have been sober now for almost two years.

This would be a good report to add to the "Mushrooms in your daily diet" thread. Very nice to hear. Very happy
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

DoingKermit
#9 Posted : 4/2/2010 12:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's an Iboga treatment center in London... only one in europe. It's really expensive tho, which it wouldn't be if the government got on board with it. They have invested too much time and money in the clinics which use things like methadone and such, so i don't see it happening anytime soon. At least people have the option to go to this center i guess. That's if they have almost 4,000 dollars!