We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do I create 5-10% HCI? Options

Miss Demenor
#1 Posted : 3/12/2010 6:25:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks in advance for this. SWIM wants to create a 5% and a 10% HCI solution for Mescaline HCI. I read somewhere that 1 drop of 30-33% HCI into water is enough, and someone else said 4 drops. Query:

" What is the strength of standard Muratic acid (For pools, other uses) 30-33%?"

" How many drops (Ml.) of what percent HCI into how much water?"

I am looking for a 5% solution and a 10%, but I am sure I could double/ half the ratio.

Thank you ever so much!!!
Love,
Miss Demenor.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 3/12/2010 7:03:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I'm not familiar with HCI... It doesn't sound like a compound that would be at all stable. The carbon's valence shell would be short two electons, for one thing.

I'm assuming you in fact mean HCl, hydrochloric acid. If you have a 30% solution of HCl, then you want to dilute it to 1/6th the concentration to make a 5% solution. That means 1 part 30% HCl, 5 parts water. For a 10% solution, you'd water to dilute it to 1/3rd the concentration (1 part 30% HCl, 2 parts water).

If you're basing the calculations on a 33% solution instead of 30%, then to get a 5% solution you'd need to dilute it to 5/33rds the concentration, or roughly 3 parts 33% HCl, 17 parts water.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 3/12/2010 7:22:57 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Entropymancer wrote:
I'm not familiar with HCI... It doesn't sound like a compound that would be at all stable. The carbon's valence shell would be short two electons, for one thing.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Miss Demenor
#4 Posted : 3/14/2010 7:47:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think I see my mistake, I thought:
If I had 100 Ml.s of 30% HCl and I added 100 Ml.s water, it would become 15% HCl, and if I added 100 Ml. more water, it would become 7.5% HCl.
I was halfing it- it made sense for some reason.
Thanks Entropymancer, I will trust your measurements.
Thanks again, that really helped me.
(I better go back to school I guess.)
Love,
Miss Demenor

benzyme
#5 Posted : 3/14/2010 8:15:11 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

C1V1 = C2V2

easiest math since adding and subtracting
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mr. Kush
#6 Posted : 3/17/2010 5:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow even the 5% hcl solution sounds heavy......on the acid side.
dont know what the percent is but 4 drops (31.45% hcl) in 120ml of dh20 has worked great, salting out white and more potent by weight.

I believe in 69rons thread where he salts the dry tek d-limonene out he uses a diluted 10$ hcl solution, he even says it comes out brown and sticky ect and that you need to wash it up. NO matter what I reccomend doing a acetone wash, however why not be more precise on the diluted hcl aqueous solution that ur salting with? I have done the acetone and iso washes both....yes they deffently do clean it up pretty well, however I find a dual solvent re'x with MEK and dh20 to be the only way to get it precise.

Gassing is by far my swims favorite way, however the 4 drops of 31.45% hcl in 120 ml of dh20 has proven to be a good ratio for him. he makes up as much as he needs..... say use 12 drops in 360 ml of dh20, now salt your alkaloid rich NP with 25-50ml of the diluted hcl aqueous solution at a time until exausted

Miss Demenor
#7 Posted : 3/18/2010 5:14:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your input Mr. Kush, I like having varied and accurate ratios.
Trouble is HCl varies in strength depending if it is for pools, etc. and by whom manufactures it.
I wish we could make an accurate chart so we all know precicely how much of what % HCl to add to how many Ml. water.
Thank you for everyones input.
Love,
Miss Demenor.

Entropymancer
#8 Posted : 3/18/2010 6:24:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Miss Demenor wrote:
I wish we could make an accurate chart so we all know precicely how much of what % HCl to add to how many Ml. water.

Benzyme already gave you everything you need to figure that out:
Quote:
C1V1 = C2V2

Or shifting that around: V1=V2*C2/C1

For example, if you want to get 100 ml of 5% HCl (V2=100 ml; C2=0.05) by diluting a 30% HCl solution (C1=0.3), then you'd need to use:

V1=(100ml)*(0.05/0.3)=16.666 ml of the 30% HCl. To bring that up to the desired 100 ml, you'd add (100-16.666=)83.333 ml of water.

Very basic algebra.