We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
STB Lime/Limonene on Caapi? Options

plumsmooth
#1 Posted : 3/16/2010 1:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems to work for an assortment of things like Mimosa, Cactus, Iboga. I realize after studying here that Caapi alkaloids obviously have some different properties; and I realize it's time to take the basic Chemistry course here as posted. Will have to print that one out. I see that Caapi alkaloids simply fall out after basification, so one response might be, what is the point. However, it always seems the necessary successive filtering is a pain. Can someone save me wasting a 100 grams of good caapi by steering me yay or nay on this experiment. With or without an initial moistening acidification, a basic STB Lime with several Limonene pulls and then further acetic acid separation to yield Harmala salts? Thanks...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 3/16/2010 1:48:12 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Easy answer; don't waste the caapi using limonene.

Limonene dissolves harmalas but poorly. One would have to do maybe 50-100 pulls to get the stuff out. Freebase harmalas are poorly soluble in limonene, xylene, toluene, naphtha, and even acetone.

DCM and chloroform can dissolve them nicely though. So these are the NP solvents of your choice for an A/B.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

plumsmooth
#3 Posted : 3/16/2010 2:53:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that solves that... Thank you for your time. I guess simple basification is the way to go, otherwise I'm still interested in a possible manske after reading the last post in this THH extraction thread by Dagger:

Quote:
Quote:
Crystalito wrote:
Hmmm could you run a small Manske on THH to see if THH HCl precipitates with this method? It would be rather interesting.

I tried it, although by mistake I added some vinegar solution to the THH HCL to dissolve it. Old habit
After it had all dissolved, I added it to a saturated salt solution. Instantly, whitish precipitate started forming. So, yes, it does seem to work with THH.

Another point to make, after dissolving the THH HCL in a very small amount of water/vinegar, I could see no colour change as with harmine and harmaline. It is most likely a colourless liquid.