We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some questions Options

Pk.Sage
#1 Posted : 5/24/2008 9:40:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been reading in on the experience of dmt, as well as how to make it. Some question i have though don't seem to be answered.
-what is the difference of experiencing dmt with eyes closed, compaired to eyes open?
-is it possible to take to much dmt?
-A solid plan to extract reed canary grass?
-Apparently some of the experience of dmt is like having multiple thoughts and understanding's at once, and it is hard to grasp all of them, or a bunch. If one takes a maoi or whatever that's called. Does it slow down the understanding part of the dmt?
-is going deeper into the dmt realm ditching ego, lusts, wants, and wonders? And what happens when one ask's a question? (type of question of coarse depends)

i know these might be some wierd questions, as well as there may only be a personal way to answer to them. It's probably going to be a while before i try dmt, and heck you never know, some experienced answers would be nice if possible Smile.
Identity exists before thought, feeling, and action. And those things proceed observation. People need to learn to see with that which is before those things.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Noman
#2 Posted : 5/24/2008 10:18:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

- On low to mid doses either you see nice patterns and ultra-three dimensional shapes with eyes closed or everything looks REALLY facinating and cool with eyes open. It all just goes haywire and impossible to differentiate on higher doses. At a point, one ceases to have control of whether one's eyes are open or closed.
- Psychologically, yes. Whether one can handle something like a big dose of DMT is something one can't really know until one has tried it. Physically, one would have to ingest a ridiculous quantity to cause harm unless the rise in blood pressure is something that would cause one problems.
- Extracting isn't the problem, it's getting grass with a decent alkaloid content - which can be manipulated by stressing the plants while they're growing. Lots of info on the web about that.
- A MAOI allows the DMT to be orally active which is a much more gradual experience than smoking freebase.
- You don't ditch them, you just see them in proper perspective. Their reaction to you and your questions will depend on your relationship with them.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/24/2008 1:55:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-what is the difference of experiencing dmt with eyes closed, compaired to eyes open?

as noman said.. For me, the best is always to close the eyes (if you are still aware of what ´closing eyes´ means hehe).. This way you can go deeper into the trip.. With the eyes open, specially if you didnt smoke enough, your mind will still be working to associate things (such as: ´oh, the wall in my room where I normally see in such and such way looks different), while with the eyes closed you just go into this totally new thing, it´s a more profound experience imo

-is it possible to take to much dmt?

are you talking about smoking, or ingesting orally?

It is impossible for you to overdose and die when smoking dmt.. nobody ever died.. at most it will be so profound you will hardly remember anything (actually this is even in lower doses, it´s sort of like a dream, that you dont really remember it so much after you wake up)..

Im not sure about it.. Others will have to confirm this for me, but dont some species of reed canary grass have gramine, which is a toxic alkaloid? I would check up on that before planning on extracting
In the case it does not contain gramine and it does have dmt, then a standard A/B extraction would do I think

-Apparently some of the experience of dmt is like having multiple thoughts and understanding's at once, and it is hard to grasp all of them, or a bunch. If one takes a maoi or whatever that's called. Does it slow down the understanding part of the dmt?

as noman said, MAOI are for taking the dmt orally (in which case the dosage is different, from 100-200mg, maybe... Personally I took 200mg, as posted here and it was very strong.. And yes, it does make you more able to grasp what happens when taking orally, as I describe in the trip.. Smoking is like a psychedelic cannon, very fast, impressive experience, and you leave the experience without much conclusion, just very awe-struck and curious. Orally you have more time to understand it

-is going deeper into the dmt realm ditching ego, lusts, wants, and wonders? And what happens when one ask's a question? (type of question of coarse depends)

On one hand yes these levels do dissapear, but you stay with a clearer intact deeper consciousness.. Or maybe as noman said, sometimes it´s not that you lose them, but that you see them in a propper light

Personally I never actively asked questions, but loads of answers were given to me in different forms anyways Smile

Pk.Sage
#4 Posted : 5/26/2008 6:17:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies guys. Ya i read your story endlessness, i think i might try the smoke way first then the pharmahuaska way second. Just cause it lasts shorter, try to get used to the experience. i have to get the dmt first though heh. I'm not fully getting the way the plants look yet, and there is one in my area which apparently causes brain dmg. phalaris aquatica i think. Actually, i got some more questions if anybody know's:

-Does anyone know which phalaris plant is the best or decent for making dmt? I think the phalaris arundinacae or something is the best but i'm not sure. Also the P. Arundinacae apparently has many looks, like the ones in california has white stipes and the ones in ontario is a greenish-blue with greenish-read flouration. I know california has nothing to do with ontario, but i'm curious if there may be more then 1 look in ontario and what i'm specifically looking for?

-Is there much of a difference between the acid you use in the beginning of the A/B extraction? as in does it affect the dmt? or does it just count that what i'm using for the acid is acidic?

-do you loose some of the dmt if the phalaris leaves dry out?

-Is it possible (when i get more experience heh) to test the A/B method on random plants around my house? I don't want to smoke whatever comes from those if made, but just to see what the outcome would be.

-Pure dmt is apparently white and clear, so if whatever is made with the other plants is white and clear, does it mean it's pure. Or could white and clear dmt still have something bad in it that's bad?
Identity exists before thought, feeling, and action. And those things proceed observation. People need to learn to see with that which is before those things.

magic clown
#5 Posted : 5/26/2008 10:01:46 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Sometimes on higher doses, it makes no differance wether your eyes are open or shut.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

sippyj
#6 Posted : 5/27/2008 9:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
-Does anyone know which phalaris plant is the best or decent for making dmt? I think the phalaris arundinacae or something is the best but i'm not sure. Also the P. Arundinacae apparently has many looks, like the ones in california has white stipes and the ones in ontario is a greenish-blue with greenish-read flouration. I know california has nothing to do with ontario, but i'm curious if there may be more then 1 look in ontario and what i'm specifically looking for?

I (and others I am certain) would advise against using any sort of grass (p. Arundinacae) for the extraction.

The preferred material is MHRB - Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark

Check the suppliers thread on this forum.

Pk.Sage
#7 Posted : 5/29/2008 7:33:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

heh k, i won't argue mr. enlightened member. i'd feel a bit better with the root myself.

lucious
#8 Posted : 5/29/2008 8:22:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the root will make things go much smoother. you can skip the defatt without too much trouble and there is spice, and a good amount, in there. with phalaris its still pretty hear/say as to wether they are a viable source.

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 5/29/2008 2:23:49 PM

The Great Namah

Quote:

Im not sure about it.. Others will have to confirm this for me, but dont some species of reed canary grass have gramine, which is a toxic alkaloid? I would check up on that before planning on extracting
In the case it does not contain gramine and it does have dmt, then a standard A/B extraction would do I think

Yes, most have some concentration of gramine and yes, it is toxic. Hair loss is just one of the effects from gramine poisoning.

They also contain 5-MEO-DMT which even in very small doses will really overpower a DMT experience.

Root Bark from either MHRB or Bundleflower (if looking for a sustainable option) are the best options, from what I have read and experienced.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.