We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi extract - what to do? Options

ghostman
#1 Posted : 2/26/2010 6:06:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought the following from the good people at Maya:

10g 10:1 White Vine Caapi extract
4g 50:1 Yellow Vine Caapi extract

What I would like to do is use some of this to make Pau d'Arco changa. I would also like to make some changa with Chaliponga.

1) What would be the best way to do this? Does this extract dissolve in Acetone?

2) Which extract would you use and how much of it would you use? (Let's say a 1g:1g Spice/Leaf mix, how much Caapi extract?)

3) What else would you do with it? Would it be a good candidate for Pharma? If yes, in what amounts?

I also have 100g Caapi vine which I plan to use as a tea.

Thanks, peace AND love!
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 2/28/2010 10:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey bru

So ive been thinking about this post all day.

I dont have many answers here, but, as far as I read, the 50:1 extract, 1 gram of this has 50 grams worth of alkaloids. So for a pharma journey one gram of this will be a good amount to take.

With regards to making changa, maybe use 100mg/gram spice. Im not sure if this will work for changa, but you can experiment.

I dont really understand why you want to enhance with more caapi extract, vaping caapi leaf changa does the trick, I say keep you extract for pharma journey. You could always take half a gram of this extract and then rip the changa bongSmile

Let us know how it goes.

Xenogears
#3 Posted : 3/11/2010 5:34:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like any information anyone could share on this as well, as pretty soon I plan on conducting the same experiment!

So for 50:1 extract, you should just divide the amount you would have used of full caapi vine by 50 and take it the same way?

Can this extract be smoked?

Also another question, is caapi leaf and vine used for the same thing? I hear you talking about adding leaf to changa, but you could not do that with the vine I assume?

So this leaf can just be used in changa and it works, or smoked before blasting off and it will work as an MAOI inhibitor?

Or do you have to perform an extract on the leaf itself to make it smokeable?

Any help is appreciated!

#4 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:06:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend is currently making a blend of 1:1 spice / D'arco with 300mg of Syrian Rue 10:1 extract thrown in the mix as an experiment. He is using 99% IPA. The rue extract is fairly fine powder, and is dense, so the 300mg doesn't look much, and it mixed into the changa mix seemingly very well, but it does not dissolve. I assume the same is true for Caapi & Acetone?

It will all be evapped in 24 hours approx, so he can see what has become of the extract in the IPA. If he gets the chance, he will have a go with his new bong (Very happy ) and report back.

The 10:1 extract you have can be smoked as it is - my friend tried it last night spinkled on top of some calea / lotus mix at the ratio stated above. It definately lengthens the experience, (fom about 6-8 mins to 12-14) and the comdown to baseline was less of a thump, more of a hazey and slow return.

He did struggle with the peak however, it was disphoric (sp?) for some reason. The previous trip (of the same 35mg dose, but with no rue) was BEAUTIFUL beyond words, but this time he struggled to attain a clear head. Not sure if this had anything to do with the extract addition, but I doubt it.

hope some of that helps

Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

gammagore
#5 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xenogears wrote:
I would like any information anyone could share on this as well, as pretty soon I plan on conducting the same experiment!

So for 50:1 extract, you should just divide the amount you would have used of full caapi vine by 50 and take it the same way?

Can this extract be smoked?

Also another question, is caapi leaf and vine used for the same thing? I hear you talking about adding leaf to changa, but you could not do that with the vine I assume?

So this leaf can just be used in changa and it works, or smoked before blasting off and it will work as an MAOI inhibitor?

Or do you have to perform an extract on the leaf itself to make it smokeable?

Any help is appreciated!

I assume it can be smoked, ghostman has a good report on infusing pau d'arco and caapi extract, so it does work.

Caapi vine is used for making Aya brew, the leaves, most of us use them for making changa, tastes better than infusing the vine, but you could infuse the vine aswell.

You could also smoke a bowl of the leaf before blastoff. No need to perform an extraction on the leaf, just make changa with it, caapi leaf is such a special ingredient when making changa.

#6 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
I say keep you extract for pharma journey. You could always take half a gram of this extract and then rip the changa bongSmile

This sounds interesting - what is it like doing this?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

gammagore
#7 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:35:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1664, im glad you are going ahead with the enhancing with the rue extractSmile, hope to hear how it goes soon

With regards to ^, Ive tried this once, I dosed 200mg harmine and like 80mg spice, hoping for a pharma journey, not much happened so I decided to hit the changa bong, I smoked a bowl, and nothing much seemed to happen, so I packed my bowl again, stupid me I couldnt see how much I was loading into the bong(the previous hit must have affected me a bit). So I hit the bong again, and it came on sooo hard, I got really confused as to what was going on, and then I purgedSmile, the next half hour I spent in a nice warm bath, just amazed with the visuals all around me. I think my problem was that I smoked too much changa in to short a time.

Ive read reports of other members dosing oral harmala's and the hitting the spice, this will most deffinately send you on an extended journey.