We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Music Production Forum Options

kungpow
#1 Posted : 1/30/2010 3:57:22 PM

Brandon

For those of you who are into music production I am looking for a good forum to join that focuses mostly on the creation of psytrance, ambient psy, darkpsy. I have been fiddling with abelton live for a while and I have NI Komplete. My midi board will be here soon so it is time to start seriously getting into this stuff. I try to experiment by myself but it is hard to find the tricks of the trade.

I am really interested in the types of scales used in these genres and I would also like some info on how to get started making strange noises. I have made a few, but are nothing compared to what I hear on albums. Thanks a bunch for the help. Much love!!!!

Peace

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 1/30/2010 4:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

There are 2 forums that are quite regularly updated.

1. www.psymusic.co.uk
2. forum.isratrance.com

I prefer number 1. It's not updated as regularly, but it's got less basic crap like "how do you make this sound" and more advanced stuff and most of the members really seem to know their stuff.

Isratrance forum good if you like people insulting you Smile

p.s. Did you see this thread?

http://dmt-nexus.me/foru....aspx?g=posts&t=9568

Ident
#3 Posted : 1/30/2010 7:42:42 PM

Mr Ident

NI Komplete is the dogs ballocks for making your own sounds! Unfortunately I don't listen to a lot of psytrace stuff but if you ever want a few recommendation on plug ins and synths give me a shout. Good luck with your stuff.
Ident is a fictional character - The stories and quoutes attributed to Ident should be treated as having no basis in reality.

shoe
#4 Posted : 3/10/2010 7:15:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grab the following plugins:

WNM (weird noise machine.) Perfect for creating uncontrollable oscilations.
Ultradelayz - Easilly the best delay plugin out there.
Tone2 BiFilter - Easilly the best sounding filter out there, although you might also want to get Antares FilterVST because got lots of rhythm gates/arps and LFOs.
Phoscyon - for squeltchy basslines.

Also, here's some midi basslines in a rar (play them on a 303 like phoscyon or moun tau2 or audiorealism's bassline.)

shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#5 Posted : 3/11/2010 12:43:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

btw scales used in psytrance: lydian, pentatonic, arabic, dorian. I doubt anyone actually sticks to a scale though, i think most of what you hear is wild improv.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!