We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Achuma potency Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 3/8/2010 12:10:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

Does anyone know what potency one can expect from the green flesh Achuma (Trichocereus bridgesii/Echinopsis lageniformis)? I realize there are great variations, but it would nonetheless be good to hear if, let's say, 20 dried grams could be sufficient for a moderate trip.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 3/8/2010 12:27:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Evening Glory wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know what potency one can expect from the green flesh Achuma (Trichocereus bridgesii/Echinopsis lageniformis)? I realize there are great variations, but it would nonetheless be good to hear if, let's say, 20 dried grams could be sufficient for a moderate trip.

Not experienced with this plant myself, but from what I hear depending on the achuma it should send you pretty damn far.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 3/8/2010 4:21:26 PM

The Great Namah

It 100% depends on the potency (based on genetics, age, and growing conditions).

However someone who has tried Pedro, Torch, and Achuma, I can easily say that Achuma is my favorite cactus to work with. It, to me, is stimulating, but can bring on some of the most amazing visions.

Good medicine.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Observant
#4 Posted : 3/8/2010 4:23:20 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

My Achuma is pretty Dreamy /Sedating ....
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

threeleggedlion
#5 Posted : 3/8/2010 8:20:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim and his friend split a 12" cutting. There were swirling visuals (like coming up on LSD) but it was very sedating. He wants to to try san pedro next time.

LawnBoy
#6 Posted : 3/9/2010 2:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Out of all the trichos, I love achuma. When I take a small dose, less than 200mg of uncleaned acetate, I really don't seem to get much of an effect from the other alkaloids. If I take a dose less than 200mg I mostly feel the mescaline, 2-3 hours after dosing. A low dose for achuma is closer in effect to a low dose of sanpedro or peruvian. Of course this might be different for others, and for other cacti.

It seems to be much richer in alkaloids, both in variety and amount. All of these alkaloids make the experience a roller coaster ride of sorts. I like to take 0.8-1.5g of achuma for a crazy "ride." I will describe a 1.5g achuma acetate dose:

I took the does at 11:05am, about an hour after eating toast and eggs. I can feel the effect within 15-20 minutes. I vomited 40 mintues after dosing. My body "knew" it had been poisoned, but I held it in as long as I could. I think most of the nausea came from not putting the acetate in a gel-cap. (Drinking and eating achuma flesh, normally makes this first 2-4 hours an agonizing journey, for my stomach. The extract in a gelcap eliminates all nausea for me, even during the first hours.)
The first 2-3 hours are very sedative, hypnotic, sleepy, dreamy. I find myself yawning a lot, just like mushrooms. I spend most of this time with my eyes closed listening to music, curled up in a fetal position, covered in a blanket. I have awesome closed eye visuals, very realistic, sometimes static/unmoving, similar to the CEVs I can have with great shrooms. When I open my eyes everything seems kinda misty, blurry, with halos. This haze can largely, but not completely to the fact that my glasses are thoroughly scratched. The haziness of the lens becomes more apparent as my depth perception, etc. starts being affected. Lines and edges stick out more. Looks kinda like a dream may be portrayed in a movie. The buzz is very physical, but nice like an opiate buzz, great euphoria. Nausea is present, but comes and goes.
After about 4 hours the nausea has left. I actually feel like doing something. I get up out of bed. I do dishes, laundry. About, 6 hours into it I feel like eating. But, just some fruit, a pear. I then dare to go outside to sweep the fallen leaves off the stairs. I "feel" like it is beautiful outside. When I look up at the trees. I can see beautiful lace-work patterning of the branches. It's not like strong lsd visuals, but similar. Things seem to be more shiny. Bright colors just "glow." More like MDMA visuals mixed with LSD visuals.
I notice a great empathy towards my cat, wanting to cuddle. I spend what feels like hours petting him at one point. I was really enjoying the pleasure he was getting from me petting him. After about the 7-8th hour I start to try to "bring myself down." I feel jittery, like the end of a acid or an e trip. I take valerian root extract and make some chamomile tea. I smoke a lot of pot, bowl after bowl. I feel great, the euphoria is just awesome. Nitrous seems to bring out the fading visuals, such as making my "trails" longer. It also helps me calm down. Talking is very easy. I find myself looking through my phone to find people I can contact. I spend some time playing around on the interent. I am not hungry whatsoever, just thirsty.
Sleep isn't very hard, but isn't very easy either. I fall asleep sometime after midnight, probably before 1-2am. Wake up about 8am feeling great, refreshed. I like sanpedro and peruvian, but only bridgessi has that awesome prelude to the mescaline trip.

I've only take 1.5 grams of extract once. I don't think I will be doing that often or anytime again, soon. It was very intense. Again, a roller coaster ride.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

69ron
#7 Posted : 3/9/2010 4:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
My Achuma is pretty Dreamy /Sedating ....

SWIM has tried achuma from about 10 different vendors and it's always dreamy/sedating as you said. I keep hearing others say it's stimulating. It must affect different people in different ways. The only one SWIM finds stimulating is the Torch.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 3/9/2010 2:46:38 PM

The Great Namah

^ Yes real Torch (or at least what I have seen presented repeatedly as "real Peruvian Torch"Pleased IS stimulating, but for me it lasts throughout the experience, but not with the stregnth that achuma has for me.

With achuma, for me, the stimulation comes more at the begining (~ hour 2-5), sometimes before any other effects have started. This will usally build up as the mescaline is kicking in. After a while the stimulation tapers off into a mellow dreamy state that can last for the remaining experience...but I have had that stimulation come back after a dreamy stage.

Out of all the T. sp. Achuma is the most unpredictable in it's more subtle effects, but is still by far my favorite.

It seems this one is different for a lot of people, or maybe there are just varieties of achuma that have different ratios of actives, but either way, the stock that I keep and use seems to have similar effects (not exact by a long shot mearly similar) for most people that partake of them.

It's good medicine. I usually feel like I've been through surgery the day after though, others report a wonderful afterglow...this I've never had. A day or two later I am usually feeling 200x better than the day before the experience.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

threeleggedlion
#9 Posted : 3/9/2010 10:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

With achuma, for me, the stimulation comes more at the begining (~ hour 2-5), sometimes before any other effects have started. This will usally build up as the mescaline is kicking in. After a while the stimulation tapers off into a mellow dreamy state that can last for the remaining experience...but I have had that stimulation come back after a dreamy stage.

Ahh yes, I forgot to mention this part. During the come up (before any visuals) it is very energetic. Swim and his friend couldn't stop lauging and talking. It goes from that energy to being totally sedating. It was even making me yawn. Swim tried it indoors, but he feels it would be better on a hike or something.

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 3/10/2010 3:25:32 PM

The Great Namah

^ Don't know why, but I yawn when coming up on anything, even something stimulating like MDMA gives me major yawns before kicking in.

But yeah, for me, Achuma brings almost a mania of energy even before the psycadelics effects happen. There is SOMETHING stimulating in Achuma that takes much less time to be absorbed and processed in the body, at least that’s my hypothesis for now.
The Spice extends life

threeleggedlion
#11 Posted : 3/10/2010 4:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I believe it could be Phenylethylamine (body building supp) or a variation of it. Feels very similar at least. Look at the alkaloids in this link

http://books.google.com/...0in%20cactus&f=false