We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
seperation of 5meo and N,N Options

Infundibulum
#21 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:55:42 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the info 69ron!

greymatter wrote:
this is all very interesting, but still not exactly the chem process that i was looking for
i like both 5meo and N,N...and have mixed them together but my curiosty is the chemistry
thanx

SWIM does not know a good tek so there's not much he can say. There was a tek employing the formation of dmt-citrate and 5-meo citrate by 69ron but it does not work as well. The tek was based on the apparent insolubility of 5meo citrate in acetone as opposed to the solubility of dmt citrate in acetone. The tek is here. After these attempts, no much thought has been put into separating the two.

The other possible route is sublimation by using their different boiling points as gooldenbloo said.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#22 Posted : 3/10/2010 1:47:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

goldenbloo wrote:
greymatter wrote:
this is all very interesting, but still not exactly the chem process that i was looking for
i like both 5meo and N,N...and have mixed them together but my curiosty is the chemistry
thanx

They have radically different melting points. Perhaps that could be somehow employed?

They can be vaporized at different temperatures and easily separated that way. I believe an easy way to do that is to put the two in a solvent that boils at 80 C like DMT does and another solvent that boils at like 160 C or so. The DMT will carry over with the solvent that boils at 80 C and I think it will condense with the solvent, but the 5-MeO-DMT will not because it vaporizes at a much higher temperature, I think something like 160 C? As soon as the distillation temperature goes up to about 100 C, you turn the system off. I’m not sure if this will work in reality though. If the DMT doesn’t condense with the solvent, it will all be lost, but at least you’ll be left with pure 5-MeO-DMT in the remaining solvent.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

yayscience
#23 Posted : 3/10/2010 2:22:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do the crystals just sublimate? Do they not have a liquid state?

69ron
#24 Posted : 3/10/2010 8:54:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, they do NOT sublimate. They might under a vacuum though. I think I recall DMT will under vacuum.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

greymatter
#25 Posted : 3/12/2010 12:37:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.....QUOTE........No, they do NOT sublimate. They might under a vacuum though. I think I recall DMT will under vacuum.

i had asked this question in another post but nobody has answered it...
i have access to a vacuume system in a lab in the university where i work...what will happen if i dry/recover the solvent under vacuume...will it "sublimate"...which i take to mean "go kablooey"
what would be a safe vacuume measure...the one in the lab can acheives up to 28 measures of mercury

PREV12