We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Full-spectrum acetates quite smokable indeed. Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 3/1/2010 2:04:42 AM

SWIM

In order to try to re-connect with his recent epic-intensity jimjam+rue pharma SWIM felt that smoking some jimjam could work.

He didn't have any freebase available so he'd try smoking acetates, worst case it doesn't work and he's where he started.

While smoking the jimjam did nothing to connect with the pharma, taking rue alone was closer to reconnecting to the experience.
SWIM is now convinced DMT is not the main ingredient in pharma, the MAOI is! He heard it and disagreed, now his mind is changed.

Anyway, he digresses.

The acetates were vinegar-tasting and slightly harsh but not too bad to smoke, he smoked 15-20mg and experience everything similar to the same freebase dose.

SWIM thinks that this is a great discovery and this can make simple-to-make smokable product and most likely a great changa base.

The acetates were obtained simply by pulling basified (with lime) MHRB with limonene and salting it out with vinegar. The vinegar is evaporated over boiling water and a orange to red-brown goo is obtained depending on the pull. Initial pulls are lighter, later ones, darker.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Oncewas
#2 Posted : 3/1/2010 2:16:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've also smoked acetates on changa. It worked fine! No pain or anything like people may have expected. It was actually really smooth.

Healthy or not I can't say for sure.

killuminati420
#3 Posted : 3/1/2010 3:47:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Q21Q21, what does SWIY think tastes harsher on the lungs, freebase(from lime) or acetate made from freebase? exactly the way SWIY described...with pure clear spice tho
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

tryptographer
#4 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:01:20 PM

tryptamine photographer

Great discovery indeed, some confirmations already!

Each salt should be tested thoroughly for smokability: fumarate, citrate, tartrate, phosphate etc. Maybe we assume too often that only freebase is smokeable...

69ron
#5 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:25:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is why it's always good to think "outside the box". It's good that people like Q21q21 and Metta didn't believe that only freebase is active. So many people will tell you that only freebase DMT is active. This idea, although wrong, has circulated all over the place. Its like the myth that you need sodium hydroxide to extract DMT. That myth is everywhere.

Thank God there are people that don’t follow the crowd or believe everything they read!

I get frustrated sometimes on these forums. I remember posting about SWIM’s experiences with bufotenine being the most amazing visual experiences of his life. Several Nexus members said that SWIM was just imagining the effects. Can you believe that? One such member (I’m NOT going to name anyone, but you know exactly who you are) still believes this despite all of the other people now getting decent effects from bufotenine. That is so frustrating. Some people just can’t imagine anything new outside the scope of their current understanding of things.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!! This is how things advance. People that don’t think outside the box don’t invent anything new. Even with the highly intelligent generally open minded people at the Nexus, we have a few book worms here that don't believe anything unless its documented by some known author somewhere, or tested by some respected university.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#6 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:34:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

lots of people still seem to think that about bufotenine ron..

I think the same thing is true about phalaris..people got bad results because they didnt realize that naptha doesnt pick up n oxides..noone was reducing with zinc or using fasa back in the days of jim dekorn..but I have had effects from pharlis arundinacea when extracted in a diff way to pull oxides that resembled chaliponga.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#7 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Part of reality is BELIEF. If people never believed they could fly, we would never have invented airplanes.

Even long after they were invented, a lot of people didn’t believe it until they saw one fly with their own eyes.

I used to be very skeptical like that when it came to herbs. But in my many years of studying herbs, I’ve run across a lot of things that seemed very unlikely to be true, but when tested were in fact as the user claimed. So now I take all effects reports more seriously, even those that are unusual.

Bufotenine is a great example of this. You have some very respectable scientists who insist to this day that bufotenine is not hallucinogenic because “it doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier”. And yet, SWIM smokes 10 mg of it and has amazing visions form it. Jonathan Ott reports this too, tests it on many others, and they also report visual effects from it. He documents his findings and still some don’t believe it. It’s amazing what ignorance abounds.

I’m often accused of being close minded when I disagree with other people. But when it comes to herbs, and their uses, I am very open to new possibilities. Not all is known.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#8 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Back to the main subject, bufotenine HCl is also a smokeable salt. But the body load is way stronger. It's pretty much identical to taking it orally but about 10 times stronger. Mescaline HCl is also a smokeable salt, but very weak (it’s better to take it orally).

I'm sure there are other forms of DMT that are smokeable.

tryptographer
#9 Posted : 3/7/2010 9:34:27 PM

tryptamine photographer

Nice thread! Thinking outside the skull-shaped box is what DMT is all about.

The acetic acid/freebase DMT and DMT acetate probably exist in an equilibrium state when vaporizing... according to the reports so far, a high concentration of acetic acid is not reached. It would be impossible to inhale vapors of concentrated acetic acid. It's a weak acid but concentrated vapors are very caustic.

I'm starting to wonder about the smokability of psilocin acetate... imagine smoking this Holy Trinity of psilocin, DMT and bufo. And harmalas, make it a Quaternity Pleased

cli_hlt
#10 Posted : 3/8/2010 7:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Few months ago I tried to smoke fumarate, and posted a thread on it. According to my own experience, DMT fumarate is smokeable, and not or not much weaker than freebase. However, a forum member warned me that burning fumaric acid might produce maleic anhydride wich is very-very bad for the lungs. Despite this possibility, I felt no (well, not worse than freebase) throat or lung irritation.

My point is that salt forms may work very well, but alwas be cautious when you smoke something you never did before - start with a low dose, and continue with bigger doses only when you don't experience adverse effects.

And yepp - think outside the box Smile

Pokey
#11 Posted : 3/8/2010 8:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a good way to convert fumarate to acetate? This thread has me feeling curious. You know about curiousity and the cat....

Pokey