We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
pulling crystals from tea Options

jingamin
#41 Posted : 1/24/2024 6:58:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

I don't have IPA, I have ethyl acetate. but more importantly; I didn't understand what to do from what he told me. I have no knowledge of chemistry. Now what exactly do I do with ethyl acetate?

1) Decant EA and leave the white blobs behind
2) Add new EA to the the blobs. About 200ml. The EA should slowly absorb water and citric acid in the blobs and leave behind a powdery product. Heat may help this move along. Alow to cool before decanting this EA (save it, it can be recycled and reused).

Make sense?

Then, what will happen; Do I throw the goo in the trash? Should I combine the newly obtained ethyl acetate with the old one?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#42 Posted : 1/24/2024 7:07:11 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

jingamin wrote:
Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

I don't have IPA, I have ethyl acetate. but more importantly; I didn't understand what to do from what he told me. I have no knowledge of chemistry. Now what exactly do I do with ethyl acetate?

2) Add new EA to the the blobs. About 200ml. The EA should slowly absorb water and citric acid in the blobs and leave behind a powdery product. Heat may help this move along. Alow to cool before decanting this EA (save it, it can be recycled and reused).

Make sense?

Then, what will happen; Do I throw the goo in the trash? Should I combine the newly obtained ethyl acetate with the old one?

Do not throw anything in the trash. If this workd there should be no goo.

Yes, combine the EA and recycle it for reuse.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

jingamin
#43 Posted : 1/24/2024 7:19:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:
Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

Make sense?

Do not throw anything in the trash. If this workd there should be no goo.

Yes, combine the EA and recycle it for reuse.

I dont understand anything
You probably don't understand me. This answer doesn't look like what I asked.

jingamin
#44 Posted : 1/24/2024 7:26:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it true?
-After adding citric acid, sticky substance was formed.
-Green EA discharged
- Added ~80ml of fresh EA to the goo.
-Let it sit for another 24 hours. Drain the EA again and add fresh EA.
-After another 24 hours, drain the EA. and all 3 different EA's are combined.

And
Then, what will happen; Do I throw the goo in the trash? Should I combine the newly obtained ethyl acetate with the old one, that is, the green one?

doubledog
#45 Posted : 1/24/2024 8:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are not interested in EA in this stage, your product is now in solid form (goo). The goo consists of mescaline citrate, water and citric acid in unknown proportions.
After washing with solvent, the goo should change to crystals or at least to some non sticky material, because water and citric acid is dissolved in EA.

EA will no longer contains any mescaline citrate. Use it in next extraction, you can and should recycle solvents.

jingamin
#46 Posted : 1/25/2024 9:45:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Try to wait for at least another day, to better separate your mesc citrate candidate from EA, then decant EA, these blobs will probably stick to glass. If not, use some kind of filter.
Wash your product in fresh EA (you need just small amount of it), this should remove most of the water and hopefully give you some crystals.

Chemistry behind: mesc citrate is not soluble in EA, but can attract little bit of water from it. It forms a goo/blobs, not crystals, in such case. Washing the goo with EA (or some other suitable solvent which is at least partially miscible with water) will remove the water.

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

Make sense?

@doubledog and @Loveall
I'm so sorry to both of you, the problem is not with you, but with me. Not knowing both chemistry and English really puts me at a huge disadvantage. That's why I'm grateful to you. I have come to the end of the work, I would be very happy if you could help me with this.
Can you please tell me what is missing or wrong in what I wrote?
Then isn't what I wrote true?
Is this true?
-The old Green EA will separate from the goo.
- Added ~80ml of fresh EA to the goo.
-Let it sit for another 24 hours. Drain the EA again and add fresh EA.
-Evacuate the EA after another 24 hours.
And
Then, what will happen; Should I combine the newly obtained ethyl acetate with the old one, that is, the green one?
all 3 different EA's are combined?

Loveall
#47 Posted : 1/25/2024 12:57:08 PM

❤️‍🔥

Which languages do you communicate better with? I am a native Spanish speaker.

jingamin
#48 Posted : 1/25/2024 1:39:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.reddit.com/r...goo/?xpromo_edp=enabled

Here the goo is separated from ethyl acetate. IPA is then added to the goo. I didn't understand what happened next

jingamin
#49 Posted : 1/25/2024 1:52:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is life wrote:
Dissolved my brown goo in 30ml boiling Ethanol and immediate separation of goo/mescaline citrate occurred, after filtering that and adding the Ethanol to the freezer some more xtals formed, worked great 👍🏻 brown goo ~> 700mg white mesc citrate powder with 95% Ethanol. Big grin

So will this be beneficial for me? Actually, that's what I was trying to explain above. Do you mind if I do this? CAN I make the goo by boiling ethyl acetate or ethanol or IPA?

jingamin
#50 Posted : 1/25/2024 2:23:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just transferred the ethyl acetate from the jar to another jar. There is no sticky substance at the bottom of it. These are things like small pieces of white powder. They are not sticky, they are mobile. What are these ? Did I succeed? But there is no snow picture.

Could it be that I did this without realizing it?
Because I difused until the citric acid dissolved for about 15-20 minutes;

''Q: I heard of people using more citric acid and shaking. What’s the difference between the two crystallization methods?

A: In general, adding more citric acid and aggressively stirring or shaking will:
Force crystals to form faster
Form smaller and denser crystals (can be powdery in appearance) less likely to stick to the jar walls
Cause a negligible amount of tiny crystals to drop through the coffee filter.''

Loveall
#51 Posted : 1/25/2024 4:05:52 PM

❤️‍🔥

jingamin wrote:

I just transferred the ethyl acetate from the jar to another jar. There is no sticky substance at the bottom of it. These are things like small pieces of white powder. They are not sticky, they are mobile. What are these ? Did I succeed? But there is no snow picture.

''Q: I heard of people using more citric acid and shaking. What’s the difference between the two crystallization methods?

A: In general, adding more citric acid and aggressively stirring or shaking will:
Form smaller and denser crystals (can be powdery in appearance) less likely to stick to the jar walls

Yes, white powder left behind in the EA is allways mescaline citrate if you followed the TEK. Congrats.

You can taste it after it dries. It will be very bitter.

jingamin
#52 Posted : 1/25/2024 4:09:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

Yes, white powder left behind in the EA is allways mescaline citrate if you followed the TEK. Congrats.

You can taste it after it dries. It will be very bitter.

Yehoooo Smile Smile
I made you very tired, thank you very much.

LoveInTheDream
#53 Posted : 2/1/2024 10:16:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

To follow up here on the OP since this thread has seen some life recently- I ended up using the thick, concentrated syrup tea in a cielo extraction. I had to add extra water as the thick viscous tea didn't provide enough hydration on its own for a proper feeling paste. I think this is due to plant fats, mucilage, etc that are concentrated while concentrating the tea. I had to premix with lime for a long while. When I premix clean H20 with lime it blends relatively quickly, with the concentrated tea the lime clumped and it took a lot of agitation to get it properly mixed. Bubbles formed while mixing. I then mixed in the cactus powder and extra water until I reached the desired paste feel. I did a run side by side with the same cactus powder and clean H20 to see exactly what the addition of the tea was producing vs the powder. The run using the tea had 2.7 grams more of cielo xtals. That maybe explains the uncomfortable reaction to a dose of the tea Shocked Overall this worked really well, and just goes to show you how bad tea is for accurately dosing. If I were to do it again, I would just cielo everything. I can't shake the feeling that although I did my best, a lot of magic was lost in the steps from cactus->tea->paste->cielo. Cielo is faster, quicker, and easier to dial in than tea. How much of the "extra alk" effects are extra alks, and how much is unintended overdosing is not for me to say, but the huge amount I found out I had been ingesting as a dose in tea form has me thinking that it may have just been way, way too much of the main event and maybe not something else lurking in the bridge.

Anyway, party on, and be kind to one another.

Loveall
#54 Posted : 2/2/2024 5:51:39 AM

❤️‍🔥

LoveInTheDream wrote:
To follow up here on the OP since this thread has seen some life recently- I ended up using the thick, concentrated syrup tea in a cielo extraction. I had to add extra water as the thick viscous tea didn't provide enough hydration on its own for a proper feeling paste. I think this is due to plant fats, mucilage, etc that are concentrated while concentrating the tea. I had to premix with lime for a long while. When I premix clean H20 with lime it blends relatively quickly, with the concentrated tea the lime clumped and it took a lot of agitation to get it properly mixed. Bubbles formed while mixing. I then mixed in the cactus powder and extra water until I reached the desired paste feel. I did a run side by side with the same cactus powder and clean H20 to see exactly what the addition of the tea was producing vs the powder. The run using the tea had 2.7 grams more of cielo xtals. That maybe explains the uncomfortable reaction to a dose of the tea Shocked Overall this worked really well, and just goes to show you how bad tea is for accurately dosing. If I were to do it again, I would just cielo everything. I can't shake the feeling that although I did my best, a lot of magic was lost in the steps from cactus->tea->paste->cielo. Cielo is faster, quicker, and easier to dial in than tea. How much of the "extra alk" effects are extra alks, and how much is unintended overdosing is not for me to say, but the huge amount I found out I had been ingesting as a dose in tea form has me thinking that it may have just been way, way too much of the main event and maybe not something else lurking in the bridge.

Anyway, party on, and be kind to one another.

Tha tea was a massive dose. Glad CIELO is giving you the dosage info. Dose the xtlas safe and happy 😊

Thanks for the info 🙏

PREV123