We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Harmine vs. harmaline Options

maranello551
#21 Posted : 2/21/2015 7:11:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bump

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#22 Posted : 2/21/2015 8:07:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

why seperate them?

no vs...rue is perfect already. Manske and eat...
Long live the unwoke.

Roosh
#23 Posted : 12/9/2015 10:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
they are both MAOIs that work for activating oral dmt.. harmaline is stronger, one needs a dose of about 100mg, while harmine dosage is around 200mg.. harmaline is more sedating/dreamy, harmine is not as sedating.. most people preffer harmine than harmaline, but I like harmaline too..

keeping them together is fine, but depending on ratio of harmaline in the rue strain you have, it will overpower harmine.. Dosage of both mixed is around 150mg

If youre gonna start playing with harmalas, I suggest at some point taking them by themselves without dmt.. its interesting to see what they do alone and then what they do together with dmt

Smile

Hey Great advice Endlessness, I just did my first Changa mix as was finding freebase DMT a bit too intense, I used the 10x Caapi leaf boil and reduce down back onto a leaf tek. Only had 200mg of dmt freebase so not got much Changa to experiment with but looking forward to testing it out.

While my Changa is drying i'm going to take your advice and try Harmine and Harmaline on there own, i've been lucky enough to find an online supplier of them already in freebase form (my extraction patience needs to be worked on). Anyway my question is: If i infuse on some Mullein leaf the Harmalas on their own with a dosage of around 150mg full spectrum Harmalas from rue, how long do the effects generally last. Are we talking minutes or hours?

Cheers

Nitegazer
#24 Posted : 12/10/2015 11:48:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
why seperate them?

I like separating them to tune into the perfect mix for the occasion. Mostly harmine for daytime walks, mostly harmaline for dream-time exploration.

Also, the ratio of harmaline to harmine varies in rue by location and season of the harvest, so there is not 'perfect' blend in the seed (well, I guess perfect for the plant Pleased )

maranello551
#25 Posted : 12/16/2015 3:25:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nitegazer wrote:
jamie wrote:
why seperate them?

I like separating them to tune into the perfect mix for the occasion. Mostly harmine for daytime walks, mostly harmaline for dream-time exploration.

Also, the ratio of harmaline to harmine varies in rue by location and season of the harvest, so there is not 'perfect' blend in the seed (well, I guess perfect for the plant Pleased )

Do you find that there is a difference far beyond placebo between taking light with a large predose of harmine rather than a large predose of harmaline?

Considering I hear that harmaline is sedating as opposed to harmine's uplifting/energizing nature,as well as more toxic, I feel like if one dosed a lot of harmaline the experience would end up being more like being drunk and dizzy. On the other hand, I feel like if one does the same with a large amount of harmine, there would be no "building-lethargy" to taint the psychedelic effects....am I correct in thinking this? I feel like would be able to obtain a lot more visionary depth with harmine since from what I hear it it lacks what are generally perceived as the negative side-effects of harmaline which supposedly build as the dose does....

rOm
#26 Posted : 12/16/2015 3:41:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I've always been happy with extracting all harmalas from rue ( or caapi the only time I did ), I would still feel appealed somehow to accurately separate harmine from harmaline and try a zinc reduction ( I have zinc but hear other material can work too ).
I like the light difference, and especially if I can have a day versus night harmalas.

I loved the few weeks of daily harmalas ( as extract or plain rue seed tea ).
But for sure if your goal is primarily travel in pharmahuasca type or work with rue seeds or its alcaloids in their natural balance it is easier and sufficient to simply extract them with no need for separation.

Up to one taste, ambition or curiosity Cool
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Nitegazer
#27 Posted : 12/16/2015 9:01:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maranello551 wrote:

Do you find that there is a difference far beyond placebo between taking light with a large predose of harmine rather than a large predose of harmaline?

Considering I hear that harmaline is sedating as opposed to harmine's uplifting/energizing nature,as well as more toxic, I feel like if one dosed a lot of harmaline the experience would end up being more like being drunk and dizzy. On the other hand, I feel like if one does the same with a large amount of harmine, there would be no "building-lethargy" to taint the psychedelic effects....am I correct in thinking this? I feel like would be able to obtain a lot more visionary depth with harmine since from what I hear it it lacks what are generally perceived as the negative side-effects of harmaline which supposedly build as the dose does....

Alas, my experiences with harmaline are only without any admixture. Taken alone, harmaline is certainly more 'quiet' than harmine, though I don't find it negative at all.

There is something about putting harmine and harmaline on dualistic scale that doesn't really do them justice. It's sort of like the over-simplification of sativa and indica into 'upper' and 'downer'.

I feel I will spend many years playing with ratios of the two, and encourage others to do the same.

Ol'Dan1937
#28 Posted : 8/11/2023 9:47:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Harmaline is strongly psychoactive by itself, not necessarily a good thing though. My experience last night:

0:00 - 300mg harmaline FB dissolved in equimolar citric acid (aq)
0:30 - mildly intoxicated already, noticeable audio distortions, slowed thoughts, tinnitis, laggy field of vision.
0:33 - 70 mg DMT FB, accidentally added 3+ equivalents of citric but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ down the hatch it goes. In hindsight, I think I was already experiencing confusion. Luckily, I weighed the DMT beforehand.
0:55 - nausea begins.
1:00 - vomiting begins.
2:00ish - still no effects from DMT, decide to give up and take pepto bismol, which immediately ends up in the barf bucket as well. Miraculously fell asleep.
5:00 - wake up, still nauseous, take pepto bismol for real, clean buckets and toilet, 20mg melatonin, brush teeth, fell asleep again. As far as I can tell, 100% of the DMT got puked out.

I experienced synesthesia several times - sounds became flashes of light or shifts in color uniformly across my visual field. At times it was quite aggressive. Besides that, the only "visual" effect was an inability to focus my eyes. After puking my guts out with my eyes closed, I opened my eyes to find they had become crossed. It took several seconds to realize what happened. At first, I thought stomach acid had somehow dissolved my eyeballs, which obviously scared the $h!# out of me.

Audio distortions were much more salient. Every breath sounded like a jet passing over at high altitude. Music became disharmonious and seemed to continue after pressing pause. I lost interest in music, which is good because I dropped my earbuds into the pool of vomit anyway.

The headspace does have its virtues. I noticed myself thinking about a variety of things from a different perspective, and coming to realizations I should have arrived at sooner. If only I could remember what they were...

The headspace does have a dark side. Putting together coherent thoughts was difficult, I became confused easily, and body discomfort was ever-present. I think harmaline is psychedelic, but also has some deliriant potential. Every time I puked it looked like some sort of creepy face formed in the vomit. Just pattern recognition, not a visual distortion, but somehow convincing nonetheless.

I'm gonna take some time to recuperate, get some water, sleep, and food in my system, and then come back to look for a better way of tripping. I currently have harmaline and methylene blue for MAOIs. I actually prefer the methylene blue LOL. Smurf diarrhea and urinary discomfort are nothing compared to what happened last night.

Some ideas I have floating around: grind up some pennies and convert my harmaline to THH, or just get some harmine. I might try sublingual harmaline at some point in the future, but I'm afraid to taste it too soon after puking. When I was a kid I couldn't stand the taste of tomato soup or tomato juice for years after puking some of it up.

Twilight Person
#29 Posted : 8/12/2023 11:13:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Which one of the 2 is more likely to give you nausea or throw up in combination with dmt? Would it make sense to separate both for maoi usage or only if thh conversion attempt made?
~ O ~

Ol'Dan1937
#30 Posted : 8/12/2023 2:07:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person wrote:
Which one of the 2 is more likely to give you nausea or throw up in combination with dmt? Would it make sense to separate both for maoi usage or only if thh conversion attempt made?

From what I've seen here and elsewhere, harmaline is more likely to make you chuck the cookies but also contributes to the experience. I'll try and remember to come back after I attempt thh conversion

L-dreamer
#31 Posted : 8/13/2023 4:57:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ol'Dan1937 wrote:

Some ideas I have floating around: grind up some pennies and convert my harmaline to THH, or just get some harmine. I might try sublingual harmaline at some point in the future, but I'm afraid to taste it too soon after puking. When I was a kid I couldn't stand the taste of tomato soup or tomato juice for years after puking some of it up.

sublingual harmine is pretty neutral taste wise, a bit bitter but that's about it. Try getting some capsules to put the powder and swallow it. When I got legit nausea that could have made me vomit was when I took 400+ mg of harmine down the hatch. I did not vomit, although it did took the hardest effort to not, I struggled one hour and more to not puke my guts. The nausea from harmine or harmaline comes more from the fact that they trick your body into acting like it has the most severe case of sea sickness, it's not their taste in itself.

Also my man 300 mg of harmaline is A LOT - and it sounds similar to what my 400+ mg of harmine dose was. It's good to try once in a lifetime but overall I didn't thought it was worth it to repeat it.

Chaska
#32 Posted : 2/1/2024 4:38:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i love taking 100-200 mg manksed harmalas before bed w melatonin, amanita too if its around
sleep so good, dreams so peculiar
much wow
:Smile

i dont like the flavor as much , doing a fast precip makes it all come out as big hunks which can be broken into pieces and swallowed whole, after retrieving needl xtals from slow precip capsules are kinda nice since its sooooo fluffy

grow plants, make tea, love life

PREV12