We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
mju9's midjourney ai art thread Options

psychosomaticon
#81 Posted : 1/8/2024 1:03:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Agreed Traveler. Pandoras box has been opened there is no going back now.

And I asked on chatroom, maybe an AI category, with AI science/art/writing subcategories?

psychosomaticon attached the following image(s):
_36626172-1392-44c2-b4b3-71d94e75a7b3.png (587kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
_f7ad90c6-9d38-4099-a1ab-42e3577bed9c.png (663kb) downloaded 217 time(s).
_4b3741a5-b3f5-4657-bf53-4ec3d05352d5.png (632kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
_d55b5a1b-529e-4f40-a6a4-e96a93aab9d2.png (660kb) downloaded 216 time(s).
_d719803d-dacd-4a2d-8754-c68777daed6f.png (635kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
5MEOMIPT_etched_on_a_huge_rainbow_balloon_go.jpg (103kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
big_sticky_tight_buds_BLESSINGS_golden_text.jpg (162kb) downloaded 213 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acacian
#82 Posted : 1/8/2024 7:23:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many of these apps require a subscription fee though don't they? If these companies are making money off an algorithm that references people's copyrighted work - and doing so without the required consent to use their work, then I think that is probably illegal. Much like people get paid a small royalty when their music is played on the radio, or if somebody's work is used in a film or advertisement on TV. Companies pay good money to be able to use artist's content for financial gain.. its why people go to such pains in disclaiming that their use of someone's work is not for monetary gain. This isn't something new.. but these companies seem to be somehow evading that process. And they should be called out for it so that it can become fairer.

Surely a similar royalty system could be integrated into these apps.. even if a few dollars for every thousand uses of someone's work. There are copyright laws with this stuff.. it seems cut and dry to me that if someone doesn't consent to their work being used by a for profit app then a law is being broken. Its not that different to Spotify uploading a person's song onto the app without asking their permission/paying them for streams. Guarantee pretty much every app that wants to have such and such sound bite or copyrighted image every time the user opens it up.. they have to pay for it. Unless they are using royalty free stuff

I dunno its all very new territory. And yes it is clearly not going away.. but it can and should be tweaked in a way that is fair to those who helped make it what it is..

Its certainly healthy that it is being discussed.. even if a step far with all the name calling.

But yeah.. as there is a section for most other topics on the forums.. I think it makes sense that AI art have its own section under Music/Art/Literature rather than constantly popping up in open discussion or what have you

fractals4life
#83 Posted : 1/8/2024 8:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is one means of generating AI images that requires no subscription, and also lets those fascinated by parameter tweaking to access a lot more of the variables involved rather than some "safe" presets (that ensure subscriptions keep coming in) that I daresay the commercial offerings have.

This is the "AI horde" an open source distributed network of volunteers who run machines with GPUs that take in image request jobs from anyone anywhere for free, then return the result, using web based front end. No subscription required.

More info here: https://stablehorde.net/

Web interface here: https://tinybots.net/artbot/

Make of it what you will, have a play if you want, with no investment other than time.

Full disclosure: I occasionally run a worker node and, as far as I can tell, it mostly (by a huge margin) gets used to make pics of anime, or furry, characters with unfeasibly large sexual characteristics, which is kinda disappointing, but not surprising I suppose.

All I can add regarding the whole subject, is that it's not as easy as you'd think to get anything decent out of the system. There is an art to describing things properly to realise a vision of an image that you might have. It's a fun "surprising image machine" though, if you just feed in nonsense or surreal descriptions.

I wouldn't pay for the service or be able to make a profit if I did, judging by my efforts so far!
But it has allowed me, one who can't draw or sculpt, but has the urge to create, to make some cracking custom xmas cards for my friends this year.

The tendency to a lack of conformation to physical reality in the images ( because the system knows nothing about composition, or the world ) and general weird distortion of perspective that usually turns up really does lend itself to psychedelic imagery though!

P.S. if anyone likes those "happy creature made of eyeballs, smoking" images above, they could do worse than having a look at the work of Pete Loveday: http://bigtripcomics.com/shop.php buy some of his stuff if you want, the comix are great fun and he's clearly no stranger to the 'shroom Smile

psychosomaticon
#84 Posted : 1/12/2024 7:14:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fractals4life wrote:
There is one means of generating AI images that requires no subscription, and also lets those fascinated by parameter tweaking to access a lot more of the variables involved rather than some "safe" presets (that ensure subscriptions keep coming in) that I daresay the commercial offerings have.

This is the "AI horde" an open source distributed network of volunteers who run machines with GPUs that take in image request jobs from anyone anywhere for free, then return the result, using web based front end. No subscription required.

More info here: https://stablehorde.net/

Web interface here: https://tinybots.net/artbot/

Make of it what you will, have a play if you want, with no investment other than time.

Full disclosure: I occasionally run a worker node and, as far as I can tell, it mostly (by a huge margin) gets used to make pics of anime, or furry, characters with unfeasibly large sexual characteristics, which is kinda disappointing, but not surprising I suppose.

All I can add regarding the whole subject, is that it's not as easy as you'd think to get anything decent out of the system. There is an art to describing things properly to realise a vision of an image that you might have. It's a fun "surprising image machine" though, if you just feed in nonsense or surreal descriptions.

I wouldn't pay for the service or be able to make a profit if I did, judging by my efforts so far!
But it has allowed me, one who can't draw or sculpt, but has the urge to create, to make some cracking custom xmas cards for my friends this year.

The tendency to a lack of conformation to physical reality in the images ( because the system knows nothing about composition, or the world ) and general weird distortion of perspective that usually turns up really does lend itself to psychedelic imagery though!

P.S. if anyone likes those "happy creature made of eyeballs, smoking" images above, they could do worse than having a look at the work of Pete Loveday: http://bigtripcomics.com/shop.php buy some of his stuff if you want, the comix are great fun and he's clearly no stranger to the 'shroom Smile

Very cool, I recommend currently Dalle3 on OpenAI and Midjourney.com, both have good monthly plans. Dalle3 is highly accurate with prompt generation as well but they both have 1080p quality output. OpenAI is 20$USD/month and Midjourney (MJ) $30 for pro plan which has unlimited mode.
DALL·E 2024-01-13 09.26.37 - Expanding the cosmic .png (4,076kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 09.25.54 - Continuing the epic s.png (3,947kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 09.25.45 - An immense, ultra-mus.png (4,318kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 00.09.53 - A side-angle, wide sh.png (2,549kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
weibweiufbewf.png (3,228kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-12 20.59.03 - Continuing the evolut.png (4,095kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-12 18.26.15 - Develop a fourth wide.png (4,117kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-12 17.16.00 - Create a fifth wide v.png (4,902kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

psychosomaticon
#85 Posted : 1/13/2024 7:31:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

More dalle3 stuff mainly Razz
DALL·E 2024-01-13 12.24.44 - A Mayan skull fractal.png (3,343kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 12.11.54 - A Mayan skull fractal.png (4,599kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 11.48.42 - A Mayan skull fractal.png (4,450kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 11.04.56 - A panoramic, wide-ang.png (4,520kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 10.43.06 - A panoramic, wide-ang.png (4,567kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
DALL·E 2024-01-13 12.35.52 - Create yet another wi.png (4,873kb) downloaded 109 time(s).

The Traveler
#86 Posted : 1/13/2024 11:58:20 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Beautiful!

Now I'm also very curious to the original art that was used to train this ability.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

dragonrider
#87 Posted : 1/15/2024 5:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
Beautiful!

Now I'm also very curious to the original art that was used to train this ability.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Yes.

Apparently people can check if their work has been used to train these machines, though those databases are probably way too large to offer any real insights.

I think it would be helpfull if people who're posting these pictures would also tell what words they'v been using to generate these images. That could maybe shed some more light on the origins of the imagery and visual styles we're seeing.

CosmicLion
#88 Posted : 1/15/2024 7:31:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

I think it would be helpfull if people who're posting these pictures would also tell what words they'v been using to generate these images. That could maybe shed some more light on the origins of the imagery and visual styles we're seeing.

A persons ability to write prompts is the only skill and competitive advantage they have in this world!

I feel like it's the kind of thing that many "AI Artists" would keep to themselves so they can maintain superiority and clout for their amazing proprietary portfolios of their generated art.

Although psychosomaticon has been known to share some prompts on occasion Smile
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

downwardsfromzero
#89 Posted : 1/28/2024 11:29:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Nydex
#90 Posted : 1/29/2024 9:01:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CosmicLion wrote:
A persons ability to write prompts is the only skill and competitive advantage they have in this world!

That, too, is temporary. Some people are already using LLMs (GPT4, Bard, etc) to construct prompts with a pretty satisfactory result. It's only a matter of time, and not much at that, before the human is almost completely removed from the process.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

«PREV345