We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quidding evaporated tincture? Would this work? Options

psychonautt
#1 Posted : 1/25/2024 8:27:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Not currently experimenting with salvia (though I have smoked in the past), but I probably will in the future, with quidding specifically. Now I have heard that quidding is rather uncomfortable and also difficult because of the amount of plant material you must keep in your mouth. Tinctures on the other hand, burn.

So, I was wondering: What about making a tincture (i.e. by soaking salvia leaves in alcohol), then evaporating the tincture, and quidding the residue of the tincture? Sounds like this would be more convenient than keeping all the plant material in your mouth whilst also avoiding the burning of a tincture?
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 1/25/2024 10:42:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I just tried quidding once and indeed it was not too cool ...

Considering that all of the potential substances that enhance salvia ingestion are water soluble when quidding, they most certainly would be extracted from any alcoholic extract too.

So nearly sure what will help with buccal drug uptake will be also present with your extract, therefore I guess would be a very high chance to work?

Maybe try and post your results here Thumbs up

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 1/26/2024 5:24:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dunno, maybe I'm sensitive to Salvia, but I don't need to stuff my face to get what I need out of Salvia. It's not that uncomfortable.

But I don't see why your method wouldn't work.

I used to make a very strong tea and then evaporate it / reduce it down to a strong concentrated liquid, like a tincture, but water-based.

Worked like a charm.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

psychonautt
#4 Posted : 1/26/2024 7:58:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Very happy Currently focused on mimosahuasca, but I will try this out at some point. I'll report back when I do!
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

the red squirrel
#5 Posted : 1/26/2024 8:31:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

Considering that all of the potential substances that enhance salvia ingestion are water soluble when quidding, they most certainly would be extracted from any alcoholic extract too.

A quick search for the solubility of salvinorin A gave some interesting results (I couldn't find it readily in the Merck index, 13th ed Shocked ). Apparently, salvinorin A isn't very water soluble at all but lipophilic. However, it is soluble in ethanol so I would keep the tincture method

If one doesn't like the feeling of quidding, why not opt to evaporate the tincture on some blotter paper or sugar cube
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

Loveall
#6 Posted : 1/26/2024 9:05:00 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Usser Zebbie made active powders using corn starch.

I never confirmed his work, but may do that but may do so one day. Cheers!
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚