We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
2020 Bufotenine Extraction TEK + Analytical Data Options

Dasein
#101 Posted : 1/18/2024 11:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Couldn't the white stuff also be sodium carbonate+sodium benzoate? From the water absorbed in EA I mean.
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#102 Posted : 1/19/2024 12:08:42 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Couple updates:

1) The white stuff did not progress. Oil did not change. Perhaps there are two compounds or maybe it is just xtalization dynamics. Vast majority of it is definetly oil. I may try TLC as BW suggested.

2) Oil dissolves well in 3 parts 50/50 PG/VG. Makes a nice tan e-juice that looks identical to DMT e-juice. Alkaline on pH paper. Citric can be added to the juice to bring it closer to physiological pH, and everything remains dissolved. Tested this reduced pH juice on myself and strong bufo effects are present: body relaxation, vibrating visual grid. I didnt have to hit the vape hard at all. Definetly stronget than DMT. The bufo experience was stronger than before and I went through some introspection during the test. No nausea or side effects noted, but everyone is different (vaporizing the salt my friend had a small ammount of nausea, he will likely be willing to test the juice on himself also).

Cheers

Loveall attached the following image(s):
20240118_181119.jpg (2,734kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#103 Posted : 1/19/2024 12:12:44 AM

❤️‍🔥

Dasein wrote:
Couldn't the white stuff also be sodium carbonate+sodium benzoate? From the water absorbed in EA I mean.

Yea, but why is it oil OR white stuff? Seems like a xtalization dynamic, not sure.

Ionic compounds are parts per thousand level in the EA layer in every published paper I have seen.

I could be wrong.

It seems inconsequential for the e-juice I'm making. Perhaps I can dissolve what I have in dry EA and see if the white stuff goes into solution.

Dasein
#104 Posted : 1/19/2024 9:32:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the oil is simply bufo and the white stuff sodium benzoate/carbonate. Since the oil dissolve in the e-juice and the white stuff didn't, that is a further indication that it's ionic stuff. You could also taste a tiny bit of it...
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Brennendes Wasser
#105 Posted : 1/19/2024 9:36:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I know quite some academic sources cite EA as the rex solvent. But from all my experience it is bad here Wut? Not really a safe way to get crystals. One time it turned brown afterwards, pictures attached at the TEK.

Jonathan Ott used it in his Pharmanopo paper, but actually it sounds more like it did not work, so he placed it aside and forgot about it, just to realize after days randomly crystals formed Big grin (placed in Freezer 1 night, then in Fridge for several days Confused ).

Xylene will 100 % form crystals upon slow cooling, they can be very hard and brown-translucent.

Still actually, when anyways going for an E-Juice, I would even prefer the oil, as this will dissolve even better in your PG. Once crystallized it might be much harder ... and even pure Bufotenin being dark brown means there is no downside of stuffing dark stuff into your E-Juice, will still be a good-quality product.

Quote:
I think the oil is simply bufo and the white stuff sodium benzoate/carbonate. Since the oil dissolve in the e-juice and the white stuff didn't, that is a further indication that it's ionic stuff. You could also taste a tiny bit of it...

Sounds reasonable, then you could directly extract with warm PG on your conserted matter, I guess the salts would never dissolve anyways? And then add the residual VG.

Cool news on the vaping efficiency. Yes it's stronger than DMT by maybe 1,5-2x, but still not as strong as 5-MeO. E-Juice-Vaping could be indeed stronger, as with pure Freebase-Oil-Vaping you will destroy 20-50 % Bufo while heating.

The only good thing about concentrate-vaped Freebase Bufo is the aroma of roasted nuts, but only when you do 1-2 mg and remotely smell the vapor Big grin Big grin

Loveall
#106 Posted : 1/19/2024 3:16:22 PM

❤️‍🔥

Dasein wrote:

I do not know if the white stuff dissolves in ejuice. Only tested oil so far.

Brennendes Wasser
#107 Posted : 1/19/2024 3:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Crystals formed from EA should be rather red and not light-tan to even white. So would not assume that this is Bufo.

The higher the concentration upon Crystallize-Begin, the more "junk" will be also stashed inside the crystal grid. And solubility in EA is very high even at -20 °C, so it only precipitates from a very reduced solution.

I have seen EA + Heptane in literature, but this will also leave behind quite some Goodies at -20 °C (if you care about yield).

Loveall
#108 Posted : 1/19/2024 11:17:33 PM

❤️‍🔥

Ok. Update on the white stuff: it is a salt that somehow was carried by EA. It only dissolves in water and not acetone. Dasein was correct. Not an issue and easy to deal with.

The brown dark oil makes an amazing active e-juice.

I love e-vaping bufotenine 🥰🌱

Loveall
#109 Posted : 1/21/2024 7:22:39 PM

❤️‍🔥

Shares the yopo pen with more friends. Notes:

- Some people feel nausea the first time they go into the bufotenine space. It only lasts for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Subsequent trips are free of nausea.

Regarding washes. I dissolved a sample of the bufo oil (1.2g) in a small ammount of acetone. Then, I added naptha to try to xtalize it. It did not xtalize (oil again).

Out of curiosity, I evaped the naphtha. 100mg of a mysterious tan powder appeared. This can be considered a "naphtha wash". The powder vaporized well in e-mesh but zi didn't feel anything from it. Seems like inactive stuff in the oil ~8%.

Not sure if doing this wash is needed for the ejuice process, but here would be the refined version:

- 100g of seeds ground
- Mixed in 25g of sodium carbonate and 50g of water (note: 10g of sodium carbonate should also work, or simply use 60g of saturated sodium carbonate solution).
- Dried paste in oven at 170F
- Pulled with acetone 3x (~175ml each time) trough filter
- Drierd over CaCl2 overnight which also allowed sediment to settle to a clear solution
- Carefully decanted and salted with 10g of benzoic acid
- Decant benzate xtals that form after a few days
- Wash with boiling acetone (optional?
- Dry
- Dissolve in small ampmount of water
- Add enough sodium carbonate to make a pH of 9.6 (use buffer calculator)
- Pull with dry boiking EA until no water remains
- Evap EA
- Dissolve oil in small amlunt of acetone and separate it from any insoluble parte
- Optional wash: Add 10x naphtha volume and allow oil to crash in fridge. Decant naphtha.
- Allow to fully evaporate
- ejiuce can be made easily over hot water bath, with 25% VG, 75% PG. Optionally 0.2 parts citric acid can be added to lower pH and perhaps for longer storage life (?).

Cheers

-

Brennendes Wasser
#110 Posted : 1/23/2024 8:41:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quote:
- Some people feel nausea the first time they go into the bufotenine space. It only lasts for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Subsequent trips are free of nausea.

Sounds quite manageable. Also the much higher yields are also great.

Quote:
Regarding washes. I dissolved a sample of the bufo oil (1.2g) in a small ammount of acetone. Then, I added naptha to try to xtalize it. It did not xtalize (oil again).

Yes that Bufo is a B*tch to crystallize Mad If there is only a small portion that might not be initial-salted Bufo-Benzoate, maybe you could still just use it right away if the next steps are too laborious for people?

«PREV456