We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Harmaline/harmine to THH - safe kitchen conversion tek required. Again. Options

Phlux-
#41 Posted : 3/6/2010 4:18:34 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

eventually may be today ...

harmine disolved in ethanol + hydrochloric acid

under uv

zink added and 5 minutes passed

uv

starting product on the left - harmine
end product as freebase on the right -

The freebase is far too heavy so separation is required - thh precips at around pH 6.9 - could that be the method of separation ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Phlux-
#42 Posted : 3/6/2010 4:20:14 PM

The Root

yellow to clear - green to blue - sounds right - right ?
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#43 Posted : 3/6/2010 5:12:09 PM

The Root

what else - besides ammonium chloride can be added to prevent the zink from precipping ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Crystalito
#44 Posted : 4/6/2010 10:04:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe extensive stirring?

plumsmooth
#45 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:50:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about Glycerine...

spaghettiman
#46 Posted : 5/24/2010 7:21:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ethyl acetate is found in acetone free nail polish remover and can be distilled off easily.

ammonium chloride: just neutralize some HCl with ammonia and evaporate

harmine precips at PH = 8.75 or above, while harmaline precips at the higher PHs:

Quote:
Harmine becomes a freebase in a pH where most harmaline is still salt, so one can separate them. If you have accurate pH meter, at pH 8,75, 92% of harmine will precipitate while only 8% of harmaline will precipitate.
(wiki)

If THH really precips at 6.9 we are in good shape Very happy

endlessness
#47 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dagger, I found elemental zinc easily in walk-in chemical supply stores in a major city of southern europe. Dont you have these kind of stores, chemical/lab supply stores, in the nearest city to you? These kind of stores have catalogues of main chemical suppliers so they can order things for you even if its not in stock.

tadgh78
#48 Posted : 7/23/2010 7:36:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You can get dental grade "Zinc oxide" 99.99% pure on ebay. Would that work of does it have to be zinc metal?

kemist
#49 Posted : 7/25/2010 8:32:27 AM

John

Hey Phlux it`s sound interesting, man. have you tried the product ? Is it simmilar to THH from F.V. ?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

soulfood
#50 Posted : 8/8/2010 4:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Did we ever get this stuff seperated and tested yet?

I think I'll be trying this soon anyway.

Crystalito
#51 Posted : 8/8/2010 5:41:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Soulfood are you going to try the ammonium chloride addition as well? Ammonium chloride is easy to prepare: one can react ammonia solution or ammonium bicarbonate with HCl.

Otiliya
#52 Posted : 8/8/2010 7:00:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

instead basifying with ammonia in the end, can one use sodium carbonate or lye instead? I don't get the chemistry behind this at all.

Phlux-
#53 Posted : 8/9/2010 10:25:16 AM

The Root

i used sodium carb solution - i dont dig ammonia
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

soulfood
#54 Posted : 8/13/2010 2:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I was wondering. If the reaction causes excess unwanted salts, is it possible to get rid of these salts by performing a manske on the final product where the THH precips as Hcl's and the unwanted salts stay in solution? I'm probably going to try this out sometime in the next week, unless anyone has a good reason why this won't work?

Well here's what's happened so far.

I weighed out 500mg of harmaline that was slightly pinky/white and added it to a solution of 100ml hcl 10% then stirred thoroughly until a clear amber solution was formed.

I then added enough zinc to leave a fairly thick (about 5mm) covering on the bottom of the glass. This was then sat in a tub of hot water and stirred until a bubbling reaction occurred. Over the next 30 minutes the colour of the solution became a lot more pale until the solution was more or less clear with maybe the slightest tint of yellow.

It's still bubbling away, so I shall leave it until the bubbling stops then filter the zinc out of the solution.

After that I'm going to dilute the solution with an equal amount of water, bring to a boil and salt saturate to hopefully precipitate THH Hcl. The final product shall be weighed.

Well the solution has been salted now and it's cooled a little and gotten very cloudy. However I'm noticing some squre crytal formations, so I'm guessing that this is salt? I've never seen a THH crystal, but I'd imagine that it wouldn't be square. Anyways whatever comes out overnight I shall redesolve and then freebase.

Yep. Definately lots of salt as it was waaay heavy. Anyway I've now redesolved the salt/stuff in acidic water and based the stuff and now I have some very fluffy white precips coming out. I'll give it a few hours then filter, dry and weigh. Hopefully I'll have the right result.

Otiliya
#55 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:34:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please let us know of what effects you get from the white fluff soulfood, and the amount you consumed.

shoe
#56 Posted : 8/15/2010 10:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
I'd love to try this method, but here in europe I have a hard time finding elemental zinc. Is there anything else that can be tried? Aluminium, iron or anything else?

Same here. I know that zinc amalgam could perhaps be used. Powdered zinc is also available in some places. Do let me know what happens with this, as I'd like to claim ALL THE CREDIT since I found ONE PAPER and posted it up Pleased hehe
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

soulfood
#57 Posted : 8/15/2010 10:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right I know there has been a lot of yes and no's on the subject, but I don't think THH precips in a manske. I redesolved what was indeed mostly rock salt and basified and only a few scraps of what is probably unreacted harmaline dropped out. I'm guessing less than 80mg. But it's a good sign that if it was harmaline there would have been a lot more precips, so whatever it has become, it isn't harmaline anymore.

I'm pretty glad I didn't throw away the salty water now and have based that and now there are a shitload of what I'm hoping is THH and reaction byproduct which I shall filter out, redesolve and base to pH 7 which hopefully will only precip THH.

I'm telling you though... the process from seeds to this stage has been a long one. I'll probably cry if this hasn't worked Smile

soulfood
#58 Posted : 8/16/2010 12:47:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
thh precips at around pH 6.9

Can I ask where you read this? I can't find much info on THH at all.

soulfood
#59 Posted : 8/16/2010 1:07:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well... "SOMETHING" is precipping at just over pH 7.

Edit: Damn. I think it might be harmine although that doesn't make sense because harmine would have defo precipped in the manske. I'm bored of this now. Some other time maybe.

soulfood
#60 Posted : 8/16/2010 12:39:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
I don't think it could be harmine, as harmine would make the solution yellow. THH is clear.

Good point.

PREV1234NEXT