We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IS the Mesh Vape Tech still the new gold standard? Options

plumsmooth
#1 Posted : 12/10/2023 10:33:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got really inspired watching a Couple of Youtube vids discussing the vape mesh tech as the best one hit breakthrough potential set up to date.

But also for smoothness i.e. vapor so not harsh, SWIM (just for old time sake swim ha ha) not even realize, its smoothness, and then GONE...

And also Efficiency suggesting 30 mg is Plenty with this setup due to lack of waste...

Please pardon me if Mod feels as though this is all (my questions) up to date and addressed here as of Dec 10th 2023!

I will continue to read though the sub-forum.

I was also wondering if anyone has (surely they have) attempted to Double or triple up the mesh to pre load 100 mg?.

I forgot what SWIM stood for. Does anyone still use it...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

famine
#2 Posted : 12/10/2023 11:52:19 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

Hello,

Yes it is definitely the gold standard. So good that I will not bother vaping DMT any other way. You load up. When you ready you just press and inhale. I find I can breakthrough on even 15-20mg of analytical grade DMT. You will not need to go to 100mg ever.

Egzoset
#3 Posted : 12/14/2023 7:05:38 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Hummm... Maybe jind of late, but euh...

Why insist having METAL contact surfaces directly in contact, if not just in the path, though a perfectly inert substitute exists that is known to provide excellent thermal conductivity and more - actually tested by VaporGenie for a couple decades. The material is "perfect" and i gather your application is of the pulse heating type, so i'd move metallic surfaces away and exploit space-age "DuoCel" SiC Foam as contact substrate. Thermal shock is no issue after a training period, that means it can be torch-cleaned if necessary, in cases of experimental mishaps presumably. In any case SiC Foam comes with the intrinsic advantage that it will trap hence store energy from conductive/radiative sources, store that energy into its multiple air pockets - which by the way involves a notion of dosing by virtue of volume/porosity hence mass i'd say - in short "packetized" bursts of energy or pulse heating as that in JAi's patented (1969) Curie Pyrolyzer... If avoidance of secondary/tertiary thermal denaturation is beneficial to your application perhaps it's only complementary of what's accomplished with a mainly conduction-mode "mesh" method, IMO.

Or if you must stick a little longer with metal surfaces then why not at least fold them? SiC is rigid and relatively brittle compared to a mesh made of fine metal wires but you could use this opportunity to switch to mainly convective heating by folding that mesh around SiC Foam. 1st you pre-heat to temporarily store energy, starting from there no metal surfaces need be extra hot anymore (...), next it's time to transfer the air pockets beyond a contact surface, metal if that's more appropriate for maintenant reasons. The transition driven by airflow would still have pulse-heating properties while avoiding inherently slow heat dispersion causing a bowl to "cook" between tokes - but i suppose DMT is a "One-Shot" thing compared to my cannabis bowl able to generate 5 ~ 6 tokes.

The thought of all that burning-hot metal surface makes me feel uneazy, it might help to keep temperature relatively lower and let some more appropriate material(s) perform the final task. The pellets are already circular and you'll burn your mesh before it damages it during the pre-heat phase anyway, so what could go wrong?

The spice sits on a cooler surface waiting for the bowl to get suddenly flooded with a rush of heat that leaves just as fast, the convective current release/transporting the noble molecules toward your lungs path... YMMV.

CatsPawTea
#4 Posted : 12/14/2023 2:57:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly I was pretty damn good with my oil pipe technique...

But switching to the e-Mesh is indeed golden.

If you have it well dialled then you get all the benefits... Set the temp, TCR, and ramp up wattage just right and it won't burn the DMT -- no waste, no bad taste, no harshness. You also don't need to worry about trying to set down a hot pipe, very convenient.

I understand it can be a hassle, especially for someone who never played with vape mods before, but it's 100% worth it. And I'm saying this as someone who lives in Canada where they banned all the components needed for an e-Mesh a year ago lol. I had to search high and low just to get a temp control mod these days.

Still worth the hassle.

Egzoset
#5 Posted : 12/14/2023 3:07:23 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Too bad, i though maybe you'd get it.

The juxtaposition of an e-Me$h and an SiC Foam pellet creates an airflow-actuated thermal valve, allowing to alternate between not-so-hot or even cold to vaporist heat. As for burning pipes, it's physically impossible to hurt or cause damage using the correct topology.

Ruffles
#6 Posted : 12/16/2023 1:34:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Egzoset wrote:

The juxtaposition of an e-Me$h and an SiC Foam pellet creates an airflow-actuated thermal valve, allowing to alternate between not-so-hot or even cold to vaporist heat. As for burning pipes, it's physically impossible to hurt or cause damage using the correct topology.

I like that material. Please suggest a reliable commercial source for pieces of it? There are also ceramic materials that are very interesting in vaping. I like to use silica as the "wick" for magic, an old school vaping method.

CatsPawTea
#7 Posted : 12/16/2023 5:55:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tbh I don't see the craze around convection vs conduction when it comes to a device that is tuned properly for temp control.

In my honest opinion the convection matters more if you don't have exact temperature control, since it will help prevent burning and "shocking" the DMT per se... However running a tuned mesh will vaporize the spice exactly the same every single time.

The idea of convection being superior to conduction just doesn't hold any weight in this scenario.

CatsPawTea
#8 Posted : 12/16/2023 6:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh forgot to comment this before:

plumsmooth wrote:
I was also wondering if anyone has (surely they have) attempted to Double or triple up the mesh to pre load 100 mg?.

Out of curiosity why the need for 100mg? >__>

Regardless... You wouldn't need to double or triple the mesh. You can pulse it at a low wattage to melt the DMT into the mesh. 100mg in liquid form should only be ~0.1ml which is very little volume.

Egzoset
#9 Posted : 12/17/2023 5:25:00 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Ruffles wrote:

Lets not reverse the roles, everything which needed to be posted is here already. Feel free to duplicate and peer review.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 12/17/2023 8:23:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Egzoset wrote:
Ruffles wrote:

Lets not reverse the roles, everything which needed to be posted is here already. Feel free to duplicate and peer review.

Er, let's quote what Ruffles actually quoted, shall we?
Ruffles wrote:
I like that material. Please suggest a reliable commercial source for pieces of it? There are also ceramic materials that are very interesting in vaping. I like to use silica as the "wick" for magic, an old school vaping method.

I'd be all over porous SiC discs if I found an easy otc way of getting hold of them. Best I can find from the manufacturer is this kit for $72, and those aren't discs - nor do they appear to offer custom production of SiC foam parts at the moment.

To that end, do you have any more specific tips? A current search at my end has largely been drawing blanks.

One interesting thing that came up was a SiC crucible device: https://www.advancedvape...cts/molecule22-elite-kit which looks nice but, besides requiring deep pockets, appears to be sold out for now.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

VoyagerGrey
#11 Posted : 12/18/2023 2:42:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

CatsPawTea wrote:
Tbh I don't see the craze around convection vs conduction when it comes to a device that is tuned properly for temp control.

In my honest opinion the convection matters more if you don't have exact temperature control, since it will help prevent burning and "shocking" the DMT per se... However running a tuned mesh will vaporize the spice exactly the same every single time.

The idea of convection being superior to conduction just doesn't hold any weight in this scenario.

I wonder about this. I'm using a DT V5 to great effect (which I have done a detailed write up about in this section) it is not a e-mesh but a conduction device. I would like to experiment with convection at some point, for the following reason: With my V5 method ( and I imagine with conduction in general) inhalation timing is important, as the material heats up whether or not there is airlfow. My (very limited) experience with a high-end convection dab rig has demonstrated that you can have the heat going full blast without affecting the material, effectively on stand-by, and when you're ready you just take an inhale and the heat hits your material. This takes timing out of the equation which would be helpful, especially for those prone to pre-flight jitters.

Ruffles
#12 Posted : 12/24/2023 9:09:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

I'd be all over porous SiC discs if I found an easy otc way of getting hold of them. Best I can find from the manufacturer is this kit for $72, and those aren't discs - nor do they appear to offer custom production of SiC foam parts at the moment.

To that end, do you have any more specific tips? A current search at my end has largely been drawing blanks.

Hello downwardsfromzero. I found some of what is `branded` as `Elev8 flavor disc` which is a simple ceramic foam disc to fit in a bong bowl. Sold for smoking rosin and `extracts`. It is somewhat available online if you use the keyword. But it does not look to me like it will readily adapt to a e-vaping kit, be it coil of mesh, not sure how pliable the material is for that purpose. Dab and oil vaping rigs in your links seem to present more interesting atomizer options to vape magic.

The Elev8 ceramic foam does have potential to turn any common bong into a viable rocket to hyperspace.

Kobranek
#13 Posted : 12/29/2023 1:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After over three years of testing I'm still holding true to the Mighty+ method with the glass bubbler attachment and concentrate mesh. Using a combination of both conductive and convective technology. This is after going through at least twice the amount of time testing with a gvg and a ceramic flavor disc. I just passed my three year warranty period and it is still going strong!! Interesting enough the ceramic discs that I used with the gvg fits perfectly in the Mighty+ dosing caps but have still yet to test, my instinct tells me it'll work.

murklan
#14 Posted : 12/29/2023 11:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kobranek wrote:
After over three years of testing I'm still holding true to the Mighty+ method with the glass bubbler attachment and concentrate mesh. Using a combination of both conductive and convective technology. This is after going through at least twice the amount of time testing with a gvg and a ceramic flavor disc. I just passed my three year warranty period and it is still going strong!! Interesting enough the ceramic discs that I used with the gvg fits perfectly in the Mighty+ dosing caps but have still yet to test, my instinct tells me it'll work.

Sorry for the side question, but how do you use the ceramic discs in the gvg and Mighty? Do you put the spice on top of it? I've only used a metal drip pad in my gvg, under the ceramic sponge.

Kobranek
#15 Posted : 12/31/2023 3:26:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Sorry for the side question, but how do you use the ceramic discs in the gvg and Mighty? Do you put the spice on top of it? I've only used a metal drip pad in my gvg, under the ceramic sponge.

Just pre-load in advance with a torch slightly hot enough to melt onto stone. When ready to use just pop into gvg with the side up that you loaded it onto. Great way to have pre-loaded doses ready on standby!

Haven't tried with Might+ yet. Apparently there's a difference with the mighty that others aren't able to achieve unlike the mighty+.

murklan
#16 Posted : 1/1/2024 10:14:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kobranek wrote:
murklan wrote:

Just pre-load in advance with a torch slightly hot enough to melt onto stone. When ready to use just pop into gvg with the side up that you loaded it onto. Great way to have pre-loaded doses ready on standby!

Alright good! So you have two ceramic discs in the GVG then (including the sponge that comes with it)? Like I wrote I've only used a metal drip pad for the DMT and I also liked to make 3-4 ready before the sessions. But they are now hard to get clean.. I've tried to burn any residues of with jet lighter + alcohol wash.

Kobranek
#17 Posted : 1/2/2024 6:10:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You've got the idea! Benefit to the stone is you can burn off any residue with a torch, get it bright red and it's clean. When all loaded up get that torch lighter touching the top filter so you can get the bottom stone billowing the gvg. I may hit it again out of nostalgia but the might+ has me sold. I think I've only had 1 misfire unlike the gvg which had a steeper learning curve.