We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Prozac + Mimosa? Options

JonDeemz
#1 Posted : 12/19/2023 4:53:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey deemz fam! Searched everywhere but can't seem to find anything on it so I'm trying here.
If one was to consume some Prozac and then 40 minutes later consume Mimosa bark...would it do anything? Looking for a longer DMT trip and have tried Syrian rue (dried plant not seeds), and passionflower both have failed ;(

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 12/19/2023 5:43:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Prozac doesn't inhibit mao which is crutial for activation.

Try rue seeds, they are more potent and a reasonable dose of it as well.

Works every time.

After your gut is inhibited, avoid prosac as it can leed to seratonin syndrome which can be life threatening.

Might be advisable to ween off anyways. SSRIs like prosac also make users a bit immune to psychedelics in general.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/19/2023 2:58:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Absolutely, avoid consuming prozac anytime near a Syrian rue dose - serotonin syndrome is not worth the risk.

As AwesomeUsername suggests, you will do best to get hold of actual Syrian rue seeds, but if you are in a position to experiment with the roots of this plant there's more than one of us here who would be interested to hear about it. You would be "doing your bit" in eliminating a "noxious weed", after all Laughing (but make sure you're not uprooting someone's prize specimens; also - being patient and waiting until you can get hold of fresh seeds could also prove to be rewarding.)

The thing about Prozac and psychoactives was that it was (anecdotally?) found to protect against MDMA comedowns when taken at the right time afterwards. Seeing as this role can be fulfilled equally well using 5-HTP there seems to be little reason to court danger (or disappointment) with fluorinated psychopharmaceuticals. [It's also worth mentioning, it's better to avoid combining harmala (Syrian rue) with MDMA as well - but I can't say I know of any data regarding the use of Syrian rue after the MDMA effects have worn off, not that that was even the question.]

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JonDeemz
#4 Posted : 12/19/2023 4:54:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Daoh crap good thing I asked as I was so close to doing this lol. Thank you guys so much for clarifying. I have tried dried rue (not seeds) and it hasn't worked so I'll be trying seeds next time. Until then I will try another round with dried rue but maybe 3x more than last time. I am currently growing my own rue they are already seedlings so we shall see how it goes.

When it comes to passionflower, how much would one need to consume to get MAOI effects? I have a bottle of 120 capsules, 1500Mg Extract. Like stated previously I have taken it along with the rue. Maybe 6 capsules and still nothing

pantostao
#5 Posted : 12/19/2023 6:02:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

The thing about Prozac and psychoactives was that it was (anecdotally?) found to protect against MDMA comedowns when taken at the right time afterwards. Seeing as this role can be fulfilled equally well using 5-HTP there seems to be little reason to court danger (or disappointment) with fluorinated psychopharmaceuticals. [It's also worth mentioning, it's better to avoid combining harmala (Syrian rue) with MDMA as well - but I can't say I know of any data regarding the use of Syrian rue after the MDMA effects have worn off, not that that was even the question.]

I've read somewhere online that Julian Palmer (fellow nexian user chocobeastie) talks about using changa while under the influence of MDMA. I get why it can be dangerous, but he argues that it's not even remotely close to dangerous in practice, when using sensible amounts of both.

I don't know, I don't think I would risk it, but I wanted to comment on this.