We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tabernanthe Mannii Microdose Experiences? Options

JFMJR
#1 Posted : 12/4/2023 1:06:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

I am posting here to see if anyone has experience microdosing ibogaine?
I just purchased a bottle of drops and took my first dose today. I have never tried microdosing anything before. I've studied psychedelics for over a decade and I fully believe in their power to help precipitate change and possibly increase the quality of life in the user. I am interested to hear the feedback of others on this specific microdose regiment, as well as psilocybin too. I recently began cultivating mushrooms and actually just finished drying my first harvest Big grin! I plan on starting a regiment with this as well once I'm fully off my Paxil. I am working to shed myself of pharmaceuticals in lieu of natural alternatives. I am also cultivating mescaline containing cacti, but I don't expect a harvest from them for a couple years.

So far my experience with psychedelics has only come from macrodoses and I've experienced some profound changes as a result of them. I am interested to hear what y'all have to say!

Much love,

JM

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/4/2023 11:36:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi, good to hear of your healing path. Here's something of a warning, though...

It is, to my understanding, potentially fatally dangerous to combine SSRIs like Paxil (paroxetine) with ibogaine. Even if you are microdosing, the metabolite noribogaine has an exceedingly long half-life which could conceivably build up to a high enough level over the course of time that it might cause a dangerous interaction with a dose of Paxil.

I'm not a medical professional but, for the purposes of harm reduction you ought to consider the potential for cardiotoxicity from the ibogaine as well. My gut feeling (based on a general understanding of pharmacology) is that Paxil may enhance this cardiotoxicity.

Proceed with caution - maybe wait on the tincture until you've got clear of the Paxil.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JFMJR
#3 Posted : 12/5/2023 8:17:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for that feedback. You once again have my deepest appreciation. I never thought to check for interactions between those two drugs. I wish it didn't have to take so long to titrate off that medication. I'll be even more grateful once I'm off that stuff!

Regards,

JM

livinglight108
#4 Posted : 12/5/2023 6:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings "JM"

I echo the urge of caution: ssri's are the greatest risk when absorbing a number of plants. With that said, I would like to draw attention to the ''double acting'' anti-depressant qualities of Syrian Rue (and its constituents). Dosing psilocybin was interesting to me personally however it didn't quite help in the way that I was hoping it would. In contrast, Syrian Rue appears to be more suited to my particular constitution. On the other hand I have friends who experienced revelation in their lives through months of appropriate micro-dosing psilocybin (2 days on / 1 off, 5 days on 2 off, etc -- 20/30/40mg 2x per day).

Treating depression at the causal level is arguably the goal of anyone desiring moving on from that chapter of their life. It begs the question: why am I ailed in the way that I am ailed? Am I seeking help from the viable sources through which assistance might be given? These questions are central in my experience to begin making myself a worthy receptacle of change.

Take care, glad you're here.

Life is preparatory death , Death is preparatory living
In between the two, is key to eternal life
Who asks not questions of death
Shows up to the event without a ticket

JFMJR
#5 Posted : 12/6/2023 12:49:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

livinglight108 wrote:
Greetings "JM"

I echo the urge of caution: ssri's are the greatest risk when absorbing a number of plants. With that said, I would like to draw attention to the ''double acting'' anti-depressant qualities of Syrian Rue (and its constituents). Dosing psilocybin was interesting to me personally however it didn't quite help in the way that I was hoping it would. In contrast, Syrian Rue appears to be more suited to my particular constitution. On the other hand I have friends who experienced revelation in their lives through months of appropriate micro-dosing psilocybin (2 days on / 1 off, 5 days on 2 off, etc -- 20/30/40mg 2x per day).

Treating depression at the causal level is arguably the goal of anyone desiring moving on from that chapter of their life. It begs the question: why am I ailed in the way that I am ailed? Am I seeking help from the viable sources through which assistance might be given? These questions are central in my experience to begin making myself a worthy receptacle of change.

Thank you for your insight! I will have to investigate Syrian Rue more once I am off the SSRI. My doctor is currently titrating my dose to get me off the medication (hopefully) without having to go through the discontinuation symptoms. Part of why my interest in psychedelics has been revitalized is because I am tired of taking a daily medication which only puts a bandaid on something that actually needs stitches and psychical therapy, as it were. If I'm not able to "fix" whatever is wrong with me through substances and therapy, perhaps at least I can reach a point were I can accept that I'm just different and learn to work around it. I'm trying to venture into my mind and learn why I can't ever relax, and why I can't bond with other people. The only time I can really relax is when I take a dissociative drug and I don't find that to be healthy or effective.

In any case, I appreciate your feedback and insight. I always like interacting with thoughtful people and there seem to be plenty of them here!

Cheers!

livinglight108
#6 Posted : 12/6/2023 9:14:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JFMJR wrote:
livinglight108 wrote:
Greetings "JM"

Thank you for your insight! I will have to investigate Syrian Rue more once I am off the SSRI. My doctor is currently titrating my dose to get me off the medication (hopefully) without having to go through the discontinuation symptoms. Part of why my interest in psychedelics has been revitalized is because I am tired of taking a daily medication which only puts a bandaid on something that actually needs stitches and psychical therapy, as it were. If I'm not able to "fix" whatever is wrong with me through substances and therapy, perhaps at least I can reach a point were I can accept that I'm just different and learn to work around it. I'm trying to venture into my mind and learn why I can't ever relax, and why I can't bond with other people. The only time I can really relax is when I take a dissociative drug and I don't find that to be healthy or effective.

In any case, I appreciate your feedback and insight. I always like interacting with thoughtful people and there seem to be plenty of them here!

Cheers!

Hello again, your response is appreciated. We do have things in commom no doubt. I was nearly prescribed Prozac at age 16 by a quick-to-"diagnose" goony doctor however fortunately I had the mind to not try it. In hindsight, it might have actually helped however in the long run I wonder if it might have done more harm than good.

I wholly relate with the challenge in generating meaningful/loving relationships and of course depression (which are clearly inter-related). To say that I empathize feels like an understatement: the inner most pain that may or may not be ubiquitous is the most oceanic feeling I've experienced in exclusion of awe/wonder/mystery. I too feel unlike others though know beyond a shadow of a doubt many have, are, and will experience similar trauma through various circumstances.

Thanks for your honest response to my potentially predetermined/untrue assumptions.

Back atchya my friend. These sacred medicines are pinnacles of the earth, her sun, and this galactic orgasnasism's slice of infinite intelligence :-D
Life is preparatory death , Death is preparatory living
In between the two, is key to eternal life
Who asks not questions of death
Shows up to the event without a ticket