We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Warning: becareful Options

Timmyt
#1 Posted : 9/11/2023 8:35:50 AM

Timmyt

Apparently some native tribes don't like it when white man goes poking around into seeing higher beings I live around lots of native reservations and as I was talking of my use of dmt I was told that if I wasn't talking to a friend and the local natives was to find out its a stomp on site thing I don't know if it's true but I wanted to put it out there do if it is yall know some natives don't think it's OK to go into spirit realm or communicate with deities. They believe that were not worthy. I imagine it's a select group who have there own reason probley based on racism. But I don't want anyone to fall into getting hurt or threatened like I was.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

the_Architect
#2 Posted : 12/1/2023 5:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you from Australia?

Can you be more specific.
In America there is a similar situations... though there´s a whole industry of spiritual tourism and shamanism for gringos and europeans.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

CatsPawTea
#3 Posted : 12/1/2023 6:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I mean I don't blame some indigenous peoples feeling this way after the "recent history" of events lol.

AT THE SAME TIME I don't think that kind of perspective will help anything in the past or future.

Luckily I dislike the general population regardless of what genetics they stem from Razz... I don't even like talking to the average person, let alone have them privy to the things I find meaningful.

Good looking out giving a heads up though!

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 12/1/2023 7:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

CatsPawTea wrote:
I mean I don't blame some indigenous peoples feeling this way after the "recent history" of events lol.

AT THE SAME TIME I don't think that kind of perspective will help anything in the past or future.

Luckily I dislike the general population regardless of what genetics they stem from Razz... I don't even like talking to the average person, let alone have them privy to the things I find meaningful.

Good looking out giving a heads up though!

It's all very complicated. I dont blame them for their feelings either, although, their stance and their feelings projected at current people of a different racial class is a bit out of place because they're mad at people that are the byproducts of their oppression, not the original oppressors which are long dead. That is, they categorize people living today with what those people have inherited from the past.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShadedSelf
#5 Posted : 12/1/2023 8:06:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In what way do you consider disliking the general population to be a lucky phenomenon?

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 12/1/2023 8:11:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
In what way do you consider disliking the general population to be a lucky phenomenon?

I think it's something akin to, "I don't discriminate, I dislike everyone." Laughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ChrisMMcD
#7 Posted : 12/1/2023 10:29:36 PM

🧿

A true shaman would never say things like that, only, excuse me, some clown pretending to be wise or a shaman.

Why? The reason is simple, a true shaman is also a sage.
These things are inseparable. And a wise person understands that among all kinds of people there are individuals of different levels of development and character, with different abilities and qualities of the soul, that between white people there are a lot of shamans and kind persons. True shaman does acknowledge that.

Shamanism was developed long before their appearance, and it was also developed among white people long time ago. Then shamanism was declared paganism and forcibly imposed foreign religions based on the right of force.

A wise shaman is a person who knows that, who is open to any person with good intentions and does not divide people into white or non-white, lumping everyone together. White people, just like the people of the Amazon, have long used psychedelics for spiritual development. A true shaman also knows and understands this.

A true shaman is a healer, and he knows that entheogens heal and help people. Healing plants were given by God for everyone, not just for them.
Witness this object. Witness the inner rotation devoid of transaction. Shut your eyes. No salespersons will disturb. Unwind. Recline. I seek no favors from you. Recline. Unwind. Superior soil effortlessly cleanses away. Recline. Unveil. Orient yourself. Observe. Attend. Employ ears that I'd proudly claim as ours. Attend to the hush amidst the mechanical clamor. Sweetheart, heed. Do you perceive it? It's a ballad of affection.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 12/1/2023 11:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ChrisMMcD wrote:
A true shaman would never say things like that, only, excuse me, some clown pretending to be wise or a shaman.

Why? The reason is simple, a true shaman is also a sage.
These things are inseparable. And a wise person understands that among all kinds of people there are individuals of different levels of development and character, with different abilities and qualities of the soul, that between white people there are a lot of shamans and kind persons. True shaman does acknowledge that.

Shamanism was developed long before their appearance, and it was also developed among white people long time ago. Then shamanism was declared paganism and forcibly imposed foreign religions based on the right of force.

A wise shaman is a person who knows that, who is open to any person with good intentions and does not divide people into white or non-white, lumping everyone together. White people, just like the people of the Amazon, have long used psychedelics for spiritual development. A true shaman also knows and understands this.

A true shaman is a healer, and he knows that entheogens heal and help people. Healing plants were given by God for everyone, not just for them.

Not sure this is set in stone anywhere. Could very well be your own position on what a true shaman is, which is a beautiful idea by the way, and nothing I disagree with. But someone of a native tribe may see their shaman as a true shaman if they're serving their community even if they prefer a certain subset of people don't partake in their medicines, etc.

However, shamanism is also a blanket term of the west. Certain native tribes have their own names for what we'd consider equivalent.

And the Op mentioned 'native tribes' which may or may not include their respective shamans. I don't think the shaman would necessarily be out there assaulting people... seems a bit beneath the title.
Very happy

One love

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 12/2/2023 12:20:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In castaneda's "the teachings of don juan", if i remember it correctly, the shaman don juan is actually a bit abusive sometimes. But the book is being considered a work of fiction by most anthropologists these days.

I would not worry that much about what other people think. Except ofcourse when they physically attack you, but like void said, that sounds a bit unenlightened for someone calling himself a shaman.

And altered states of mind aren't anyone's intellectual property. Or maybe they are in the literal sense of the words...sort of. But you get the point.

Telling people not to think of polar bears, makes them think of polar bears. This is often being refered to as the "polar bear effect".

So next time a shaman wants to hit you because you're seeing higher beings that belong solely to his culture, tell him not to think about donald duck. Then he will innevitably start thinking about donald duck, so then you can accuse him back of mentally appropriating your culture.