We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
You took too much man, too much, too much Options

CatsPawTea
#1 Posted : 11/23/2023 5:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I figured it makes sense to start my trip reports with my very first experiences around 10-12 years ago. This is the first of four trips that were a string of experiences in a span of about two weeks.

CAUTION: I was young and dumb, please be more careful and tactful in your approach. I hope that my mistakes can be your wisdom and not your inspiration Smile

First Trip
Dose: 100mg
Method: Oil Pipe

We just got back to my friend's house from a three day bonanza of various shenanigans and drugs at Anime North. I was talking about Strassman's book and my friend casually throws out "I have some if you really want to try it". My curiosity was so peaked and I became SO EXCITED that I threw all caution and commons sense to the wind.

I was very seasoned when it came to psychedelics and I was typically very careful, researching dosage and precautions on erowid, etc... This time though, I don't know if it was the excitement of the moment or my assumption that DMT being homogenous "shouldn't be much of a risk"... But I just loaded the whole 100mg dose into the oil pipe. To worsen things, this was a year after I had a meth stint and had become quite adept at using the freebase pipe. The hit was efficient.

I can't remember putting the pipe down, or even counting to 10 like I had intended. As soon as I fully inhaled the hit, I felt the acceleration rip apart everything around me, exhaling an "Oh fuck..."

I'm still not 100% sure what happened after this, but I remember glimpses... I thought I died, then I saw myself naked curled up in a fetal position... I felt like I had pissed myself. "DID I PISS MYSELF ON FRIEND'S COUCH?!" I thought to myself... Oh well, that's much better than dying, right?

I couldn't make sense of what was happening, everything was racing, and I realize at that point that I had fucked up. I then saw all my friends and family around me, in a white space, everyone confused and terrified at what is happening. I kept apologize, I felt like I had ripped reality.

Everyone was panicked and I was in a curled up ball, covered in piss, rocking back and forth mumbling "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it will be over soon. DMT only lasts 10 minutes, reality will be back to normal soon... I think." I was pretty convinced that these were my actual friends and family, that I had raptured the fabric of reality, and that I had to wait it out for everything to go back to normal. For some reason I felt like it wasn't the first time this happened. I had an intuitive feeling that none of them would have any memory of the event, but I still felt bad for exposing them to this space.

At this point I became so panicked I managed to open my eyes -- I saw my friends around me, I had not pissed myself. Everything and everyone was covered in jewels, rainbows, fractals. Everyone was excitedly staring at me exploding in excitement with "YO WHAT DID YOU SEE?!"

I couldn't even begin to explain and simply asked my closest friend there to hug me for the remainder of my trip -- which was now open eyed visuals instead of full immersion visuals. The trip slowly faded and I felt the intensity subside.

I remember feeling so thankful to be alive and in a stable physical reality after this trip lol. This was the first time I tried DMT and the first time I overshot it. I did start to do properly measured doses after this trip, but unfortunately it wasn't the last time I would end up "too far".

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 11/23/2023 6:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the post and welcome to the nexus.

Yes, this sounds familiar.

DMT is incredibly powerful and reality shattering.

It is quite common to fall into false beliefs which is why a trip sitter is recommended.

SWIM also remembers having to ask "did I kick you?" after the trip mellowed out a bit. Luckily for the trip sitter (his girlfriend), that was not the case.

It can convince you that you have done something you didn't, which can be scary because this is losing a grip on reality by definition.

The imagined scenarios within the trip can feel as if it's really happening, and the visuals... it truly can't be compared to anything else.

Sure, lower doses look like a strong mushrooms trip, but a proper dose is enough not to recognize anything anymore.

SWIM can't count the amount of times he "went blind".

If the usual worry by taking psychedelics is to get lost in the woods, with DMT you worry about getting lost within your blankets.

Be safe and happy travels!

murklan
#3 Posted : 11/23/2023 10:33:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:

SWIM can't count the amount of times he "went blind".

If the usual worry by taking psychedelics is to get lost in the woods, with DMT you worry about getting lost within your blankets.

I don't think I've ever has had that experience. If you mean that you were frightened by not been able to use your eyes while been heavily into the DMT realm. What I've have experienced thou is that I can feel that I'm opening my eyes and closing them, and it doesn't effect what I'm 'seeing'.

Great quote you got there!

But to both of you. Isn't it a bit strange that you often while being so far suddenly get this feeling and thoughts that originate in the totally mundane world. What if I peed myself, what would the others think if I behave like this. etc. There are pretty much still left of our everyday self in there.

Thanks for the report by the way!

CatsPawTea
#4 Posted : 11/24/2023 1:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:

lol!

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Be safe and happy travels!

Cheers Big grin

murklan wrote:
Isn't it a bit strange that you often while being so far suddenly get this feeling and thoughts that originate in the totally mundane world. What if I peed myself, what would the others think if I behave like this. etc. There are pretty much still left of our everyday self in there.

It is quite interesting, isn't it? Weirdly enough the feeling of having "peed myself" has happened more than a few times for me, both with DMT and other substances.

This feeling has even happened to me without any substances, with intense spiritual experiences. At one point I thought it might be some kind of sign to look out for but these days I'm starting to think that maybe it might be related to adrenaline response.

Satyr604
#5 Posted : 11/24/2023 3:52:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't yet had the experience of overshooting with DMT. Getting more than I bargained for, yes. Being way far past the veil, yup. But never to the extent of thinking 'oh no, I really did it this time, I broke ALL of reality.' Never to the point I felt it was too much.

You know what did that to me? Cannabis. I didn't even smoke a lot, but cannabis messes me up.

I just went completely unconscious and had vivid dreams, but way beyond dreams, of being in a car and rushed to ER by my mom and my friends who were with me at that time.

When I came to, I just saw those friends standing over me, worried of course. And you know the worst part? I actually did piss myself on their lawn chair. It was followed by me hugging a bucket for the next hour and sitting in the shower the hour after that.

The other time I tried it, I went unconscious and saw trippy visions of a jungle and swirling patterns. I woke up on the floor, again with my girlfriend and a friend of hers standing over me. I was drenched in cold sweat and they were unbuttoning my shirt. Absolute puke fest after that one too.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 11/25/2023 2:29:26 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

CatsPawTea,

That was a great report. Thank you so much for sharing. I am glad you are a presence in chat and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Oh yeah DMT can do all of this and so much more. The idea of thinking something happened when it was only in the trip - I call that cognitive hallucinations. It happens to me when my husband sits right after the cats were acting up. I have come out of trance saying, "Why were you yelling and how come you couldn't control the cats," as he looked stunned saying, "It was silent in here and the cats were peaceful."

I have never gone blind but I have taken way too much way too fast and blacked out for longer than the usual DMT trip then came back in full blown ego death, a fairly long trip with entities celebrating my death. Then when I came down a bit and realized it was a trip things got kind of mean because I didn't belong there. They gave me a nasty gift LOL!

I am really looking forward to your future posts and am so glad you are part of our found family.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

CatsPawTea
#7 Posted : 11/29/2023 1:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Satyr604 wrote:
You know what did that to me? Cannabis. I didn't even smoke a lot, but cannabis messes me up.

I just went completely unconscious and had vivid dreams, but way beyond dreams, of being in a car and rushed to ER by my mom and my friends who were with me at that time.

Lol oh I definitely believe it! Weed messes me straight up when I have no tolerance. If I take a 3 month break then hit a nice bong bowl I get a soft ego death and need to meditate before I stop feeling like reality is ripping apart.

Last time I was that high and wanted to go for a walk I needed to ask my partner to basically act as sitter for the walk LOL.

Pandora wrote:
CatsPawTea,

That was a great report. Thank you so much for sharing. I am glad you are a presence in chat and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Oh yeah DMT can do all of this and so much more. The idea of thinking something happened when it was only in the trip - I call that cognitive hallucinations. It happens to me when my husband sits right after the cats were acting up. I have come out of trance saying, "Why were you yelling and how come you couldn't control the cats," as he looked stunned saying, "It was silent in here and the cats were peaceful."

LOL! I've had similar experiences thinking something was happening in the other room.

Pandora wrote:
I have never gone blind but I have taken way too much way too fast and blacked out for longer than the usual DMT trip then came back in full blown ego death, a fairly long trip with entities celebrating my death. Then when I came down a bit and realized it was a trip things got kind of mean because I didn't belong there. They gave me a nasty gift LOL!

Would you consider this one a hyperslap or just a heavy trip?

Pandora wrote:
I am really looking forward to your future posts and am so glad you are part of our found family.

Same! This place has been an absolute treat. So much to dig through and learn.