We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time DMT Options

Abstract
#1 Posted : 11/25/2023 11:10:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take the time to write down my first experience.
So the only other psychedelic I have consumed beforehand is 2c-b. Besides psychedelics I've done: Ketamine, MDMA (which I would not consider a psychedelic rather a empathogen), Speed, N2O, Weed and Cocaine. This is to show you what my prior experience is with altered states and not a showoff of some kind. Some of these I've only done once and I'm not consuming any of these on a regular besides weed.

Pre-story:
I've done at least 5 years of prior research before doing any psychedelics since I have great respect for these compounds and know their benefits and dangers very well. I felt ready since the entire year I've never felt so good overall about life even if the circumstances of my life are not the best. I got to accept things as they are and felt really connected to myself in the sense that I found what I want to become if that makes sense to you. This encouraged me to try 2c-b beforehand as a LSD/MDMA light and got my first experiences with psychedelics. The experiences I had with 2c-b gave me a constant smile on my face for weeks and uplifted me every time I think about it(right in this moment too). It really underlined my thoughts and it felt as if I was ready for anything bigger than 2c-b. I have 1V-LSD laying around since release and I never found the time and space to go for a 8h ride so I decided to go for DMT instead.

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Very good
(physical condition) Set: As good as it gets
Setting (location): Home
time of day: 18:00~
recent drug use: Weed a day prior
last meal: 4h prior, a salad and some grains

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 65Kg
known sensitivities: CEV even without drugs and strong ones when tired on weed.
history of use: None, First time.

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): DMT (N,N)
Dose(s): At least 5 hits of weak dosed vape juice (500mg on 6ml~ juice)
Method of administration: Vaped with sub ohm coil.

EFFECTS
I did not check the time and feeling of time does not exist so take these numbers with a grain of salt.
Administration time: T=0:00
Duration: 10min
First effects: T=0:01
Peak: T=0:02-T=0:05
Come down:T=0:07-T=0:10
Baseline:T=0:10
Intensity (overall): 3

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 3
Implesantness: 0
Visual Intensity: 3

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 0
Afterglow: 3 Very calm and thoughtful mindset for about 45-60min afterwards

I had made myself some weak vape juice. I had no fear what so ever since I knew i was physically safe and that nothing will happen to me physically speaking. I was going in with the intention of exploring myself and the substance. Potentially coming up with a motive for a tattoo that I would like to get.
So the very first time I've tried it was with friends at really low dose just to get a feel for it. Nothing really to note here since it was barely noticeable. The first time I really did it was in my bed. I started by listening to some music and calming myself by meditating a bit. Quickly I felt like i was ready and decided to take as many hits as i would feel comfortable with. I took the first few hits and already everything was morphing. The feeling you get when you hit the vape while already going off is really interesting. It feels like your mouth is being elongated over the entire room and I lost count of how many hits I've taken. I took a hit, held it in and fell back just to notice that I wasn't quite there yet and went for another and another. It felt like I myself or something was telling me to do more. I, at some point just decided that i had enough(Which is really hard because nothing makes sense anymore at this point. Someone trusted to help you take the desired dosage is really helpful). I really notice how i can observe all the streams of thoughts being evaluated. I also felt like being split from the voice that I once called myself. I have a tech background so the best way i can describe it is seeing the underlying code of an operating system. Like as if i could see my reality getting constructed but to the fullest. How thoughts come in and get evaluated and thrown out again and what I call myself is the recipient of the evaluated thought. It made me realize that all the stuff we have in our head plays a role even if it does not come up or get evaluated it is part of our thought stream. It felt like I'm a neural network trying to figure things out. It at the same time also let me notice that I'm more than a thought. I'm the observer of the thoughts and the monolog I have is just the evaluated thought stream. Its like i confused my inner computer and found that im more than just hardware. I saw colorful visuals but nothing really to grasp on. It wasn't really the geometry i was expecting but rather an ocean of colors and patterns. No entities either. Never felt a presence or anything which i sometimes feel while meditating. What I did notice though was the unbelievable feeling of pure existence that I have only found in high dose N2O before. Its like pure bliss. No thought, just being. The ultimate state it felt like. When I finally came back into my body I made some weird noises with my throat and moved like a toddler in my bed. A bit weird but I was alone so no one to judge around so i just let myself do all these weird things. I also noticed that my hands look so alien and how weird our world actually is. It also felt like someone else was in control of my hands and they liked to touch my face a lot. When the visual wore off I just sat in bed thinking about everything for like an hour and it wasn't getting boring. Just sitting and thinking. I really enjoy the afterglow of DMT that also happen on lower doses. It makes my mind calm and thoughtful.

Conclusion
What an interesting experience. It gave me a better understanding of my inner workings and I learned about the self and what to improve in the next trip. I had really trouble remembering any visual aspect besides the ocean of colors that I also get on weed but even weed felt more graspable for some reason. I had my eyes closed most of the time but when i opened them there was no room. Everything was just morphing and I couldn't make out anything. I was hoping to meet some kind of entities but there was no one. I noticed in a recent trip that I can focus on the visuals and dive even further but sadly often get a debilitating headache which I've described in a prior post here. In further trips I want to dose the liquid 1g on 4-5ml. I'm glad over any recommendation on the exact liquid DMT ratio. Being alone is really helpful so you can live out your experience without holding back because people might judge what they see. I would love to learn more about how to interact with the experience. I've been really passive and it almost felt like a dream but I know you can shift your attention in this kind of state to a degree.
Anyway. Thanks for reading my very first trip report ever. I hope it was readable. I'm thankful for any tips and general insights you might have gained from your experiences and how you can remember more from what you've experienced.
Have a great day Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 11/27/2023 4:22:13 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Abstract,

Thank you for posting this report. It was very DMT-esque, Very happy.

Though to be honest, it could have used a few more paragraph breaks. It was hard to read as two walls of text. I think a few more paragraph breaks might garner you a few more replies, simply because folks will be able to read it easier.

I was worried when you wrote that you get bad headaches. DMT has a very real physiological spike on heart rate and blood pressure, though it does not last long. Please be careful.

Some folks don't meet entities right away. I had a bunch of breakthroughs before I had entity contact. Of course, for me, once it happened it became a regular thing.

I suspect if you continue to do DMT and get enough decent sized doses into you that you will eventually meet an entity or two, Smile.

You might want to check the WIKI and look into extracting some freebase. That way you can control the dose and if you chose to take a bigger one, you can get it done quickly because DMT tolerance sets up FAST and after 30-40 seconds you are just wasting time and DMT as you toke.

I agree about the delightfulness of the DMT aftermath. It is quiet, thoughtful and meditatative in my experience. Very pleasant.

Again, thank you and I look foward to reading more from you in the future.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU