We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro and interaction Options

Jbeats
#1 Posted : 11/18/2023 5:16:57 PM
Budgie

Hey Nexus crew! I'm a new member but have enjoyed the Nexus for many years and all the valuable info it contains. My journey has crossed paths with many incredible Dmt induced spiritual experiences. Only now do I feel like sharing one experience of those as it was a great experience but mostly as it interacted with other substances I hadn't experienced with it before.
This eve I smoked 20mg frèebase chrystal Dmt whilst experiencing medium/strong effects of dexamphetamine and alcohol. I appreciate the associative danger and risks of mixing amphetamines and harmalas but couldn't find much information on their association with dmt freebase. Certainly nothing indicating any risk. It was logical to mid dose and experience for myself!
The dmt was from an Acacia acuminata extraction. Solid clear-yellow chrystal. Smoked through a charcoal vaporiser. Night time.
Alcohol was 6-8 full strength beers over 4-5hrs and amphetamine 5mg dexamphetamine x 3 over 3hrs previous. State of mind at the time was relaxed, happy and I'd probably say inquisitive...! I really wanted to take the dmt journey but didn't want to push it hence the amount.
The experience for the amount vaped was strong. Immediate transfiguration of reality. It was a state on the cusp of full breakthrough with strong/overwhelming geometric patterns eyes open or closed and a really strong connection with the subconscious. Colours were less vivid/varied than usual experience, however, and this I feel was in part due to interaction with the amphetamine/or alcohol. The emotional response was a very relaxed euphoria. A really wonderful feeling of connection to a greater reality.
Like other mid/strong dmt experiences it was very powerful and asked for reflection. 'Come down' was more emotional than usual and full of love.
I feel like it wasn't antagonised by the chemical interaction in any negative way. My heart rate remained more calm/stable than usual, which I attribute to the alcohol?
To be honest I've had numerous mixed dose amount dmt experiences after a few drinks and the alchohol nearly always helps me relax. In background I had some strong experiences early on by myself experimenting with dmt that bring on a physical and emotional response every time I smoke it. Heart rate up, slight to strong fear/trepidation (spending on how much I've loaded up in the vape)Big grin . Alcohol has helped with that, though I appreciate that purer mental well-being practice in the preceding days/weeks (diet, meditation,rest etc)has a similar effect and often allows for a 'better', cleaner experience.
Either way in summary it was a really beautiful experience that left me feeling bloody wonderful so I wouldn't hesitate in going down the same path in the future if it came up. Thumbs up
Anyone else care to share their experiences of dmt with those other chemicals??
Cheers!
J

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

UnSaNiTy
#2 Posted : 11/19/2023 5:53:46 AM

. * 🛸. * .🌙 * . * * * ☄️. * * . 🌍* . . * 💫 * . * . . *. ✨ * . * 🌑 . * ☄️ * . * 🌕 . * . * . * . *. * *

Check this for known DMT interactions --> https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._effects#DMT_.2B_Alcohol
'There is an area of the mind that could be called unsane, beyond sanity, and yet not insane. Think of a circle with a fine split in it. At one end there's insanity. You go around the circle to sanity, and on the other end of the circle, close to insanity, but not insanity, is unsanity.' -Sidney Cohen

Pandora
#3 Posted : 11/19/2023 2:48:32 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Jbeats,

Welcome to formal membership in the Nexus, Smile. I'm glad you decided to sign up and share your experience.

I enjoyed reading your trip report. I don't use your combination drugs but I have heard many reports of alcohol making the DMT colors more muted/dilute. I have also encountered people saying they like a couple drinks before to ease the pre-flight anxiety. More often than not at that time I am hitting on a harmala or weed pipe so I get it.

As long as you are in good shape and have a strong heart, you are probably okay for now.

Again, welcome to memberhsip.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU