We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking spice as a regular coffee user Options

Sironius
#1 Posted : 10/29/2023 8:47:28 PM

Sironius in front of the ocean.

Hey, I am planing on retaking my journey with DMT, just for the sake of building the consistency and making it part of my life.

I want to know how much caffeine do the psyconauts here regularly take, and if you ever consider it at all as an important factor. Let me know what you think! caffeine + dmt or not.

In fact, if you are open to talk about consumption of coffee in general, i would love to hear! Since it has an innegable rol in this culture and will inevitable affect in one way or another psyconauts.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

murklan
#2 Posted : 10/29/2023 10:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sironius wrote:
Hey, I am planing on retaking my journey with DMT, just for the sake of building the consistency and making it part of my life.

I want to know how much caffeine do the psyconauts here regularly take, and if you ever consider it at all as an important factor. Let me know what you think! caffeine + dmt or not.

In fact, if you are open to talk about consumption of coffee in general, i would love to hear! Since it has an innegable rol in this culture and will inevitable affect in one way or another psyconauts.

Hey hey!
As a coffee lover I've thought about this too. I'm roasting and selling on a micro-scale, grinding, brewing and thoroughly enjoying a mug a day (If I'm not away from home when it easily gets more). I have never had coffee shortly prior to DMT, partly because I've always have taking harmalas before. And with an MAOI caffeine can be a major thing, in a negative way. I've only had one challenging experience with this combination. One large, strong mug of coffee ~2h before Syrian Rue tea. Felt like caffeine poisoning and I've read that caffeine are potentiated since it's processed by something that is effected by an MAOI (or if it is by Harmalas specifically).

But this was mostly about MAOI's and not DMT. What I've read is that psychedelics in general is not really a good combination with stimulants.

Looking forward for other thoughts about this.

highalt
#3 Posted : 10/29/2023 10:27:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Personally speaking I stay away from stimulants in general unless for therapeutic uses as with MDMA.
I normally assign myself a small window of use specifically for that purpose only and eliminate all other stimulants completely.

Stimulant use in general when prolonged is not ideal, particularly when the culture promotes the excessive use of stims like caffeine for example. The old adage of "I don't get up without my morning cup of coffee" really equates to "I'm addicted to a drug that animates me when I can't bring myself to this state naturally". Dependency. It gets normalized though because caffeine is a socially acceptable drug to consume. That's not good but then again neither is the state of many peoples lifestyle choices in Western society, some of them far worse then needing coffee to feel alive in the morning.

As for psychedelics with caffeine, that's a hard no, from me anyway.
Anything that opens the door to increased levels of anxiety during a trip, particularly when you cannot mitigate the risks after consuming the caffeine, is messing with the balance of the trip unnecessarily. It's like throwing a potential pitfall in there without any real benefit. People get jittery from too much caffeine without psychedelics ever coming into the picture. Just goto to your local city and a few floors up the nearest office block and you'll find people essentially facing the same issues in a low-key way to that of heavier stim use. It doesn't make sense to throw a curveball into the mix unless you can absolutely control it and you can't. Once you're up you're up but that doesn't mean you're where you want to be. You could be up and chewing your lips from anxiety. You could be up and your thoughts are going at a million miles per hour. You could be up and the only reason you are up is because you can't face life with your feet on the ground for some reason or another.

Psychedelics have a way of teasing out the kinks.
If your mind is racing and you add psychedelics in there, the psychedelics will overpower the stimulant because they hit deeper on a psychic level.

The thing about stims is, we nearly always use them to get away from the mediocrity of everyday life. If they are used in a sacred way then fair enough but my understanding is they simply aren't. They are escapist tools both at the supermarket level in energy drinks and coffee, related products etc and at the pharmaceutical/black market level.
We use psychedelics to get to the core of why we do that in the first place and so it's a conflict not just on a pharmacological level but also from a psychical level too.

fink
#4 Posted : 10/29/2023 10:57:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Best thing I ever quit was coffee
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

ephedra
#5 Posted : 10/29/2023 11:09:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:

I could never quit, how did you get it?
แƒ“ there is a Spirit, there is a Soul แƒ“

murklan
#6 Posted : 10/30/2023 8:52:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

highalt wrote:
Personally speaking I stay away from stimulants in general unless for therapeutic uses as with MDMA.
I normally assign myself a small window of use specifically for that purpose only and eliminate all other stimulants completely.

Stimulant use in general when prolonged is not ideal, particularly when the culture promotes the excessive use of stims like caffeine for example. The old adage of "I don't get up without my morning cup of coffee" really equates to "I'm addicted to a drug that animates me when I can't bring myself to this state naturally". Dependency. It gets normalized though because caffeine is a socially acceptable drug to consume. That's not good but then again neither is the state of many peoples lifestyle choices in Western society, some of them far worse then needing coffee to feel alive in the morning.

While I agree I also think that people in all times have used (and perhaps misused) substances to change their biochemistry. Not to say that it then is all okay. I friend of mine calls coffee 'the lubricant of capitalism'. I kind of agree. But I also think perhaps it's more connected to industrialism etc.

Freebase69
#7 Posted : 10/30/2023 11:28:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Caffeine might be okay, but after DMT use usually my body needs to be lighter, more water, less meats, more fruit, nuts and vegetables, and definitely not junk foods and sweets. DMT talks to you. I think the potential conflict with Caffeine and DMT is actually the dairy in the milk, better to switch to almond water. When I have had DMT diet in the past was totally turned of dairy products. Probably would recommend no more than 2 cups of coffee a day though.

fink
#8 Posted : 10/30/2023 1:11:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ephedra wrote:
fink wrote:

I drank coffee religiously, multiple cups every day, from age 15 to 38. Then one day I had a headache as I was drinking coffee and decided I didnt want to finish it. Since then never drank another cup. Within 3 days the craving was gone completely. Still drink a variety of teas.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

highalt
#9 Posted : 10/30/2023 5:04:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:

While I agree I also think that people in all times have used (and perhaps misused) substances to change their biochemistry. Not to say that it then is all okay. I friend of mine calls coffee 'the lubricant of capitalism'. I kind of agree. But I also think perhaps it's more connected to industrialism etc.

I think that's a good observation. We are trying all the time to fit the mold to keep the cogs turning. There has to be an ideal mold we fit into and stimulants offer that opportunity to temporarily be something else so you can keep up with the exceptionalism and meet the acceptable personality quotient of a socially acceptable individual.

ephreda wrote:

Heart attack/stroke/similar. Pizzas, salt, burgers, McDonalds and lots of it, 700mg+ caffeine daily (energy drinks, pre workouts and homemade espresso), sedentary lifestyle caused by the lockdowns and steroid use (minimal but still present to keep my vitality during lockdown). I took 110ug of acid one evening and began to feel numb down one side of my face and body, and sweating buckets. Had to stand in the shower at full cold temp for an hour to lower my temp. Had a swollen stomach for hours and kidney issues. I think the vasoconstriction and blood pressure changes set a cascading effect off that mounted from months of letting myself go during lockdowns. Tipped me over the edge. I went to hospital and they couldn't find any symptoms. For about a month I couldn't do much cause I'd get shooting pains in my chest if I exerted myself and it would stop me in my tracks.

I meditated for 90% of the trip, around 6 hours to keep myself together and finding Zen through this freak event. Luckily it was only 110ug but I definitely felt the acid.
After that promised myself I would never eat like that again and never drink caffeine and would heavily control any steroid use. Only done one cycle of TRT since.

Almost 3 years later and never looked back.
An eye opening experience and caffeine for sure played a role combined with my dramatic change in lifestyle because of the big C to the 19!

ephedra
#10 Posted : 11/1/2023 12:11:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

highalt wrote:
murklan wrote:

I think that's a good observation. We are trying all the time to fit the mold to keep the cogs turning. There has to be an ideal mold we fit into and stimulants offer that opportunity to temporarily be something else so you can keep up with the exceptionalism and meet the acceptable personality quotient of a socially acceptable individual.

ephreda wrote:

Heart attack/stroke/similar. Pizzas, salt, burgers, McDonalds and lots of it, 700mg+ caffeine daily (energy drinks, pre workouts and homemade espresso), sedentary lifestyle caused by the lockdowns and steroid use (minimal but still present to keep my vitality during lockdown). I took 110ug of acid one evening and began to feel numb down one side of my face and body, and sweating buckets. Had to stand in the shower at full cold temp for an hour to lower my temp. Had a swollen stomach for hours and kidney issues. I think the vasoconstriction and blood pressure changes set a cascading effect off that mounted from months of letting myself go during lockdowns. Tipped me over the edge. I went to hospital and they couldn't find any symptoms. For about a month I couldn't do much cause I'd get shooting pains in my chest if I exerted myself and it would stop me in my tracks.

I meditated for 90% of the trip, around 6 hours to keep myself together and finding Zen through this freak event. Luckily it was only 110ug but I definitely felt the acid.
After that promised myself I would never eat like that again and never drink caffeine and would heavily control any steroid use. Only done one cycle of TRT since.

Almost 3 years later and never looked back.
An eye opening experience and caffeine for sure played a role combined with my dramatic change in lifestyle because of the big C to the 19!

you had such an oddly trip there,

the part of meditation is the best 'finding Zen through this freak event', oh friend, this earthly wisdom, this telluric experience looking for elevation!

...I love to meditate during my trips, is like, the most potentially way to high to another level of the trip,

anyways, nice to see that you did a drastic transformation in your lifestyle, that's the key!

ephedra
#11 Posted : 11/1/2023 12:13:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
ephedra wrote:
fink wrote:

I drank coffee religiously, multiple cups every day, from age 15 to 38. Then one day I had a headache as I was drinking coffee and decided I didnt want to finish it. Since then never drank another cup. Within 3 days the craving was gone completely. Still drink a variety of teas.

oh you are in what I called once time 'the hour of Tea',

is really good to!

hopefully I will leave coffee....someday....