We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cacti Queries Options

Miss Demenor
#1 Posted : 2/24/2010 11:08:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, thanks for allowing into you worlds!!!
A few questions:

I heard Kemist uses around 225 Ml. water in 69rons d-limo tek for Mesc. Are the yields higher, with not so much mesc in the water which is hard to get out? I am currently trying 250 Ml. vice 300. Any thoughts?

Any challenges using a little more lime than 25G? Aside from perhaps more water to mix to the right ratios. My scale is a cheapo. Also, check your measuring cups. I got 2 from W****** and one measured 300 Ml. and the other read it at 250! Big difference to people who are trying to be exact I feel.

Big question: can I reuse my d-limo? Can 300 Ml.s be used for 3-4 pulls on my 100 G. cacti? I imagine some loss due to oil and gunk in it, but will it still be effective?
Can it be used again for another 100 G. batch, or is that stretching it?

Will 4 saltings with vinegar on my first pull be effective, or will 3 be more than enough?

Thanks in advance for your help. By the way, I made a little discovery I would like to share:

Syringes use rubber, which is a no-no for d-limo. However, I found that 10Ml. baby syringes, commonly available at some drug stores, are all PP plastic, no rubber at all! No erosion with MULTIBLE uses. The only challenge was the numbers on the side rubbed off.
I hope perhaps this helps someone in a small way. Fantastic for separating small amounts of vinegar from d-limo.

Well, thanks again for your help. I look forward to reading all your posts everyday, it's like letters from family!
With love, Miss Demenor.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Virola78
#2 Posted : 2/24/2010 11:31:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Very happy
And thx for the tip about the syringes.

I cant really help you with your questions unfortunately... im no chemist.

Will you pls post the results that the kitten presents to you?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

LawnBoy
#3 Posted : 2/25/2010 12:51:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are the yields higher, with not so much mesc in the water which is hard to get out? I am currently trying 250 Ml. vice 300. Any thoughts?
I think you guessed right. I use a little water as possible, just enough to get all the powder moist.
Any challenges using a little more lime than 25G?
Yes, you will have excess lime floating around in the limonene. This lime is hard to filter out, even with a coffee filter. I often find excess lime sitting at the bottom of the limonene, just above the vinegar layer. Not much, if any, ends up in the final product, but it does make the extraction a little more difficult.
can I reuse my d-limo? Can 300 Ml.s be used for 3-4 pulls on my 100 G. cacti? I imagine some loss due to oil and gunk in it, but will it still be effective?
Yes. Yes. The dirtier your limo, the less mesc that is pulled out. So using clean limo should pull out more mesc.
Can it be used again for another 100 G. batch, or is that stretching it?
You could, but yes I think that is stretching it.
Will 4 saltings with vinegar on my first pull be effective, or will 3 be more than enough?
I do 4 saltings on each pull. I will get product on the fourth salting of the fourth pull, but it's like less than 5% of the total yield. That's when I think I have done enough. I'm sure If I did a fifth pull and 4 more saltings I would get get another 0.5-0.1g but it's almost not worth it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm correct in my answers. I'm certainly no chemist.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

Miss Demenor
#4 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:58:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, that helped me out a lot. Well, I will be more precice with the lime. The main question was about re-using d-limo. So it seems I can use 300 Ml. for 1 100G. batch, just that the dirtier it gets, the less it will pull. I thank you very much, that means a lot to me.
I wonder if anyone else re-uses their d-limo? Any other comments are greatly appreciated!!!
Bad news is it is hard to give you guys any good yield intel, My "friend" does this in her car and she can't dry it to weigh, so she does 10 Ml. in water. (Yuck!) but it works well.
Any other comments about re-using the limo would be great.
Thanks again everyone!
Love,
Miss Demenor

Miss Demenor
#5 Posted : 3/3/2010 4:38:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I dried it out. 2 batches, 1 with re-used d-limo. Aprox. 20 Milligrams weight loss from re-used d-limo on the second pull, and 26 Milligrams loss on the 3rd pull.
I used 250 ML. water vice 300 ML. and it worked well.
My next batch I will do one batch with 300 ML. water and one with 250 ML. water and compare the weights and post my results here.
Thanks again to all, you've been great!
Love,
Miss Demenor