We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction Essay Options

Magicalpickel
#1 Posted : 10/5/2023 3:12:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How does one escape reality? Drugs? Money? Hallucinations? At what point do hallucinations become reality? Can someone truly believe that hallucinations caused by a natural drug are real manifestations of one’s inner deepest thoughts? I would think so, I pity the soul who hasn’t once tried a mind-altering medicine, especially in a country where it is more prevalent in the culture. In our current generation, there is a major shortage of LSD, DMT, and other hallucinogens. The problem lies in the shortage of pre-cursers, and chemists who are filling to risk their lives to produce a product that can change the lives of thousands of souls. I wish to see a day where easy access to mind altering medicine becomes widespread, walking into your local corner stores and handing them your ID and cash, in return for something truly other worldly. I wish to become a functioning member of your community. Thank you, I would love to hear other people’s thoughts on anything, Thank you once more.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 10/5/2023 3:58:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hey Magicalpickel, welcome :=)

I honestly doubt that there's a way to escape reality. Other than death maybe, which tends to catch us soon enough, so no point thinking much about it.

A different question could be, can we even perceive reality? Is our everyday perception/consciousness not a hallucination?

The way i see it, our brains are basically reality machines. We feed them sensory input, they do some processing and mangling with memories of previous experiences, and produce reality. The difference between "regular" waking reality and altered reality is largely just in the processing.

There's probably a reason we evolved to have serotonin and not DMT for neurotransmitter most of the time, though.

bmxer7247
#3 Posted : 10/6/2023 8:55:58 AM

safe travels!

Hi Magicalpickel, welcome to the Nexus Smile

You bring up very interesting questions. I liked what Homo Trypens said:

Homo Trypens wrote:
The way i see it, our brains are basically reality machines.

Your reality is what your brain has processed via sensory input. With that in mind, when you are tripping, what you see and feel is what your brain is processing, so while it may not be the reality of those around you, i believe it is your reality. And to see things from a different perspective is often what you need to grow Smile

the work being done today by researchers, activists, and groups like this are paving the way for a version of the future you describe. While it wont be easy, safe access will open up to more people. However, safe use practices, harm reduction, and education are insanely important, because while these substances are amazing, and very beneficial, they must be used properly and respectfully. haha not trying to lecture you at all though, as i agree with your sentiment. Thumbs up

Glad you are are here, and i wish you safe travels! Big grin